• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid teasing 3DS FPS announcement.

Prisoner

Here's hoping it is compatible with the circle pad pro.

EDIT:
There's the CPP for weirdos like you. Personally, I think touchscreen aiming is far better and more accurate than stick aiming could ever be, but what do I know.

And far less comfortable.

Xater

There's the CPP for weirdos like you. Personally, I think touchscreen aiming is far better and more accurate than stick aiming could ever be, but what do I know.

I am left handed and on top of that don't enjoy hand cramps. Fuck touchscreen aiming.

Hale-XF11

It's probably Cult County. If not, then it's another FPS we haven't heard about before.

He's mentioned in the recent past about their latest FPS supporting both the CPP and stylus control, adding that he personally prefers the stylus control for its precision and ease of use.

rjc571

Banned
Sure, if you enjoy your hand being in the way while your aiming.

Is this how you play stylus-controlled games on your 3DS?

rvKdlaA.jpg

I think you're doing it wrong.

Do not want unless it's a game with a weird control scheme that suits the game well, like the two Metroid Prime games on Gamecube.

The top screen is your viewing screen, bottom is stylus control.

That sounds like an awful way to play a game... and thinking back to Metroid Prime Hunters, it was exactly that.

Circle pad pro has a lot of drawbacks to it, but it's still the only way any FPS on 3DS is going to be playable to anyone who isn't an Octopus.

ReaperXL7

The top screen is your viewing screen, bottom is stylus control.

I lol'd.......... lol.

lol

Trolling inside that cave of ignorance of yours must be a hard thing. You do know 3DS has two screens, right? Ever played Moon, MP: Hunters or Dementium 1/2?

Is this how you play stylus-controlled games on your 3DS?

rvKdlaA.jpg

I think you're doing it wrong.

Lol well come at me then. Its my mistake as I was thinking of FPS on mobile phone when the poster said "touch screen aiming".

I'd LOVE to see a Metroid Prime style game on the 3DS; more of a first person adventure game rather than a shooter. Slower paced, more emphasis on exploration than on pure combat, and a cool 3D effect for the HUD.

The original MP control scheme would work a lot better in terms of comfort (for me at least) while still giving you access to the four face buttons and the right trigger. Maybe offer a stylus aiming mode for those people with hand muscles of a professional rock climber.
Or still have the Kid Icarus stand!

Randdalf

FPS with a single analog stick. Yeah, good luck with that, guys.

One analog stick FPS? No thanks, I don't like hand pain

If it doesn't involve a second stick I want nothing to do with a FPS on the 3DS.

I think it has been capably demonstrated in the past that a single analog stick is enough for an first person game, with altered gameplay mechanics to compensate. For example, Goldeneye 007 or Metroid Prime.

Top Bottom