• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump's call to Mexican president was done in humiliating and threatening way

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...-and-threatening-tone-trump-lambast/21705130/

Fuck Peña Nieto. What a pusillanimous president we have. And what a president you have guys

Estevez said she "obtained confidential information" corroborating the content of the discussion.

"I don't need the Mexicans, I don't need Mexico," Trump reportedly told the Mexican president. "We are going to build the wall and you all are going to pay for it, like it or not."
"He even complained of the bad role the [Mexican] army is playing in the fight against narco trafficking," Estevez, who writes for Forbes and is close to Mexican journalist and anchorwoman Carmen Aristegui, said during an interview with Aristegui's eponymous news outlet.
Trump "even suggested to [Peña Nieto] that if they are incapable of combatting [narco trafficking] he may have to send troops to assume this task," she said.

Note: Fucked up title, mod can add the word "way"?

Regardless of how obviously racist and shitty this man is...

His whole world revolves around his businesses. Surely he knows how many businesses need Mexican labor in order to make money and be successful. This seems like a rare case of him actually going against his own self interests.

IronRinn

"Pusillanimous". Thanks for that word, gonna file that for later.

Trump is a goddamn nightmare. We are gonna find ourselves all alone pretty damn quick.

Wait what? This is front page news shit right here! A sitting US President threatened Mexico he might invade the country with US Military? You have to go to the 19th century for the last time anything close to that happened between these two allied nations!

Donald J Trump is not fit to be President. He cannot continue being President. What the FUCK!

Apathy

Man, if migrant workers from mexico stopped, do you know what kind of damage that will do to the american economy. geeze

stop-stop.gif

Not even two weeks in.

Well, the bright side here is that there's no way this can keep up for 4 years. Something's gotta give, for better or worse.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Trump "even suggested to [Peña Nieto] that if they are incapable of combatting [narco trafficking] he may have to send troops to assume this task," she said.

"Now class, can anyone else point out why this political event was significant enough to kick-start the beginning of World War 3?"

Trump is destroying something many countries would die to have but cannot: neighboring nations that not only like each other but work together and consider themselves allies.

Trump is making an enemy out of one of two neighboring nations. This is insane and has to be stopped. And if Trump insists on that fucking wall I see even less reason for Mexico to fight drug traffickers that want to get to the US. Mexico is not obligated to stop them from crossing. We do it because we're allies and care for each other but with this scumbag I can't see why that should continue. Especially when the orange turd continues to deny his half of the problem: the only reason drugs go through Mexico is because Americans love to consume them. It's a supply to satisfy a huge demand problem and it will never stop as long as there's this demand.

Gutek

Trump is destroying something many countries would die to have but cannot: neighboring nations that not only like each other but work together and consider themselves allies.

Trump is making an enemy out of one of two neighboring nations. This is insane and has to be stopped!!!

He has the best friend: Putin. He don't need nobody else.

Maxim726X

Quite the skillful diplomat.

No really, I feel safe. He's totally not going to tell a foreign leader to go fuck their mother anytime soon. I'm sure of it.

_Ryo_

Was his WW3 comment him projecting again? Seems like it. Can't even keep his idiot mouth shut for one minute. Has to go instigate fueds with all our allies...

Garlador

Not even two weeks in.

Well, the bright side here is that there's no way this can keep up for 4 years. Something's gotta give, for better or worse.

The question I'm asking myself at this point is... will Americans stop him first, or will the rest of the world have to step in and stop him?

Two weeks in, relationship with Mexico is completely torpedoed.

GG.
They should feel absolved to make trade deals with whoever they want with complete impunity.

zethren

Banned
Inb4 we invade Mexico for #lolwarondrugs

I cannot stress enough how incredibly idiotic this all is.

Also, something something master negotiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom