• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Ban Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjmetroid

And I was banned. With the ban reason of "We believe being on this forum is not good for your mental health."
BIwR0Oi.png

I sent some e-mails with Contact Us on the bottom of the site, and they didn't respond to me; however they changed the ban reason to say that I am permanently because I am a threat to both myself and the community and that I was banned with no warning because of the severity of it.

Wait what this is probably the worst ban I've seen yet. They're trained doctors now?

I need some context though did you threaten anyone or anything?

Last edited:

JoduanER2

I like PewDiePie and I don't care what you think.

Banned. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ha, yup. Feels great.
Banned for one week for gloating about self interests.

Resetera is a board of collective thoughts (to spell it for you, we are like The Borg). So you feeling great is insulting if the rest of us are not. And if the others are not feeling uppity, it means you shouldn't either.

Your ban is not permanant, since this ban will make you "not feel great", therefore your suppressed feelings is punishment enough.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Banned. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Banned for one week for gloating about self interests.

Resetera is a board of collective thoughts (to spell it for you, we are like The Borg). So you feeling great is insulting if the rest of us are not. And if the others are not feeling uppity, it means you shouldn't either.

Your ban is not permanant, since this ban will make you "not feel great", therefore your suppressed feelings is punishment enough.

User's mod privileges revoked: 2 weeks
Incorrect color text for mod statements

dextran

I recently got banned there for suggesting Huawei was acting on the behalf of the Chinese government in their device espionage practices.

Reason : Xenophobic Extremism

I found it pretty ridiculous - the largest factor being instant permaban.

What happened to civil discourse concerning prevalent issues of modern times?

I'm happy to be back on NeoGaf - I just hope the volume has returned - that's the only reason I left. It had slowed to a crawl.

CyberPanda

Banned
I recently got banned there for suggesting Huawei was acting on the behalf of the Chinese government in their device espionage practices.

I'm happy to be back on NeoGaf - I just hope the volume has returned - that's the only reason I left. It had slowed to a crawl.
Welcome back.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
The first time I've been banned from anything, ever... be it online or in real life, arrested or in official trouble.

And it was on the resetera forums for not understanding what an acronym was. The reason for banning was 'concern trolling'.

I don't even know what that even means? I've asked for my account to be deleted regardless, they are a really angry bunch of folks who don't understand the irony of their aggression; i'd rather not be a part of that! :)

User banned (5 DAYS): Your Ignorance Kills Elegant Sequences!!

NickFire

I'd say the largest ridiculous factor are the articles and intelligence agencies who would say you got banned for posting common sense and reality.

redfirm

Banned
got banned for this :

User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexual Assault and a History of Similar Behavior; Previous Severe Infraction Related to Misogyny

WTF IS THIS. We dont know what took place, why is everyone judging a person without any actual proof of what has happend? IF he did rape her, he deserves jailtime or worse! but we dont have any proof. wtf happend to innocent until proven guilty? this shit needs to stop. ( I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLING A PERSON GUILITY OR A RAPIST WITHOUT ACTUAL PROOF, I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT RAPIST SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK AWAY BY PAYING THE VICTIM!)

Tesseract

Banned
got banned for this :

User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexual Assault and a History of Similar Behavior; Previous Severe Infraction Related to Misogyny

WTF IS THIS. We dont know what took place, why is everyone judging a person without any actual proof of what has happend? IF he did rape her, he deserves jailtime or worse! but we dont have any proof. wtf happend to innocent until proven guilty? this shit needs to stop. ( I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLING A PERSON GUILITY OR A RAPIST WITHOUT ACTUAL PROOF, I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT RAPIST SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK AWAY BY PAYING THE VICTIM!)

don't you know, the court of public opinion is a thing to be respected

k4iaeb.jpg

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
That place is a microcosm for the progressives that make up 8% of world. There are a few good people there, but it’s mostly little kids that don’t understand how the real world works. The projection is real.

got banned for this :

That's what you get for interfering in a good old fashioned witch hunt.

nush

Gold Member
Lol, i thought they would change, but those people over there, you either agree with them or get the ban hammer.
You've just experienced the wrongthink ban. That's what took me out, not insta hating something and providing facts nutraly.

MilkyJoe

Every now and then I will go back for a little troll, wind up the softies and then disappear again. Those folk that started it up saying it was going to be the new utopia o games forums, and it turned into the absolute worst forum in the history of the internet,

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Every now and then I will go back for a little troll, wind up the softies and then disappear again. Those folk that started it up saying it was going to be the new utopia o games forums, and it turned into the absolute worst forum in the history of the internet,
You've really got to be pushing out the boat to beat mumsnet, but those mad lads did it!

I was banned for advocating war crimes against civilians ( I did not do that) it was regarding the Japanese denials of their war crimes where I basically made an argument if Truman had not dropped the Nukes we would have seen casualties in the millions if a mainland invasion of Japan had taken place, one guy there was defending the use of bioweapons by the japanese that killed 500 000 civillians (way more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined) he was not banned however.

HamsterDude

Neo Member
Wait what this is probably the worst ban I've seen yet. They're trained doctors now?

I need some context though did you threaten anyone or anything?
No I didn't threaten anyone. I just vented about stupid stuff I did in the mental health thread and the autism thread and maybe a post I made in the toonami thread was a bit off-topic. I wish I wasn't banned with no warning beforehand. :x

I have been posting on ERA, I just want to stick to video game news and discussion / funny off topic stories and news - like we did on GAF before the meltdown... but everything is about gender politics now. Every single thread. There are some good members there, and some good discussions, but I cannot take any of the politics stuff seriously. I'm not saying they are all wrong... just on some sort of mission.

nush

Gold Member
I have been posting on ERA, I just want to stick to video game news and discussion / funny off topic stories and news - like we did on GAF before the meltdown... but everything is about gender politics now. Every single thread. There are some good members there, and some good discussions, but I cannot take any of the politics stuff seriously. I'm not saying they are all wrong... just on some sort of mission.
It's even worse than you think, there's a cult like mentality from those in charge and they are doubling down right now. 260 members got a ban over E3 compared to something like 9 here in the same time period. Most of those here were for spam accounts.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I'm new here. Reset seems like a really nice place.
My name is Jordan, moved to silicon valley with my wife last year. We have two kids a boy and a girl.
I am a software engineer for Cyberpunk 2077.
USER BANNED (PERMANENT): ONLY SOCIAL ENGINEERS ARE WELCOME HERE.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You wont get banned from resetera, If follow certain rules.

Be very left politically, this is quite easy just use the trump insults they use over there and you will be accepted as part of the team.

Look at what the majority opinion is and don't strive to far from it.

Don't be pro xbox a lot, they have had polls there and it's a 80/20 split of sony/xbox fans, I'm pretty sure the moderation leans towards Sony too, they are getting a bit better in this regard though.

It's quite ironic that they preach democracy, but the forum is more run like an authoritarian dictatorship.
So in reality the forum is a contradiction.

Last edited:

Be very left politically, this is quite easy just use the trump insults they use over there and you will be accepted as part of the team.

Don't be pro xbox a lot, they have had polls there and it's a 80/20 split of sony/xbox fans, I'm pretty sure the moderation leans towards Sony too, they are getting a bit better in this regard though.

It's quite ironic that they preach democracy, but the forum is more run like an authoritarian dictatorship.

User Banned (Permanent): Attacking the community, inflammatory generalizations and comparisons, inciting console wars and mansplaining.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My weiner says that I'm 100% straight.
User Banned (Permanent) : Having a wiener (this is how it is spelled moron) means you got it made in life. Also what even is straight? Like you wouldn't let Thor fuck your mouth or your girlfriend? Yeah right. Go back to rightwing neogaf sexist.

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

Gold Member

User Banned (Permanent): Cross forum drama, System wars, meta commentary.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Create new thread: "what are some good podcasts?"

User Banned(permanent) allowing members to mention Joe Rogan.
MODERATOR DEMODDED
User Banned (Permanent): Mentioning that Nazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom