• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Ban Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’m a straight middle aged white
dude and I’m uncomfortable using the terms they/them to address someone.

Banned: Satan himself!
Me too.

They is a plural term. Correct grammar taught by teachers for centuries.

Pretty sure they know more about words than people of unknown, undetermined, or self serving people of "I have no idea what the fuck is going on" sexualization.

Shantae

Banned
Honestly I’m super liberal and even I got banned for having an opinions regardless of knowledge on subject.
Yeah, it just feels sad and messed up we got to this point. I also always thought of myself as more liberal too, but the kind of people on resetera has really shown me that the left is in a really fucked up place right now. Even as a liberal, I can at least say...at least the conservatives tend to stick together? Left and right can't get along at all anymore, which is a problem in itself, but the kind of left fascists that visit resetera aren't just anti-right, but they're also too busy turning on their own, and it seems like a problem with the liberal side as a whole. Instead of taking any support as a win, they seem to take a stance along the lines of "you're either with me 100%, or you're evil." It's fucking insane. Democracy is going to crashing down in my lifetime, I'm sure of it. So many people on multiple sides don't want to work together anymore, because they're all too self absorbed in what they want, they don't hear what anyone else says.

GamingKaiju

Me too.

They is a plural term. Correct grammar taught by teachers for centuries.

Pretty sure they know more about words than people of unknown, undetermined, or self serving people of "I have no idea what the fuck is going on" sexualization.

Yep. I don't understand it. If a Male to Female wanted to be Female then why wouldn't they want me to call them a she? I thought that was what the person wanted to be so I'm addressing them by the gender they identify as. That is before we get into the they/them is a as you said a plural term to address a group rather than a person.

nush

Gold Member
Yep. I don't understand it. If a Male to Female wanted to be Female then why wouldn't they want me to call them a she? I thought that was what the person wanted to be so I'm addressing them by the gender they identify as. That is before we get into the they/them is a as you said a plural term to address a group rather than a person.
Because they want to be special.

Being Gay, no longer unique enough, or bi or transgender. So they found a new way to be special and a reason to be offended by people that don't support their lunacy. They could have chosen IT, but that's not special enough. He, she, it.

Whitecrow

Banned

Being Gay, no longer unique enough, or bi or transgender. So they found a new way to be special and a reason to be offended by people that don't support their lunacy. They could have chosen IT, but that's not special enough. He, she, it.
That's just what I was gonna reply.

They seek attention. And a simple he / she wont make it.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it just feels sad and messed up we got to this point. I also always thought of myself as more liberal too, but the kind of people on resetera has really shown me that the left is in a really fucked up place right now. Even as a liberal, I can at least say...at least the conservatives tend to stick together? Left and right can't get along at all anymore, which is a problem in itself, but the kind of left fascists that visit resetera aren't just anti-right, but they're also too busy turning on their own, and it seems like a problem with the liberal side as a whole. Instead of taking any support as a win, they seem to take a stance along the lines of "you're either with me 100%, or you're evil." It's fucking insane. Democracy is going to crashing down in my lifetime, I'm sure of it. So many people on multiple sides don't want to work together anymore, because they're all too self absorbed in what they want, they don't hear what anyone else says.
That's just what I was gonna reply.

They seek attention. And a simple he / she wont make it.
They could also request to be referred to by name only, that also works.
For normal people yes, but for people with that advanced brains not anymore

Users Banned (Duration Pending): Thread derailment. If you want to jibber-jabber, use your away time to find another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

GymWolf

oof today i saw that girl in my office and she is at least a B+.

Banned for 2 week, misoginy and objectification of a human being.
Also letters scoring can easily offend illiterate people, next time just use numbers.

Yo people have you seen the last ufc fight? The black dude got massacred.

Banned for life, Racism, white supremacism, maybe a hint of colonialism? (They probably make stuff up with "ism" at the end)

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
oof today i saw that girl in my office and she is at least a B+.

Banned for 2 week, misoginy and objectification of a human being.
Also letters scoring can easily offend illiterate people, next time just use numbers.

Yo people have you seen the last ufc fight? The black dude got massacred.

Banned for life, Racism, white supremacism, maybe a hint of colonialism? (They probably make stuff up with "ism" at the end)

USER DEMODDED: Posting moderator actions without using the proper colour.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I celebrate the 4th of July
User banned (Lifted 5/7): Life is not a holiday. Or a celebration. Life is pain. Anger. Depression. Unhappiness.
Take some time off to think about that.
Nazi!

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Banned: Promoting individualism over tight leashed collective thoughts

Redemption: Ban will be overturned if you put on Resetera branded electric shock collar
USER DEMODDED: Incorrect colour usage for mod actions.
User Banned
Until you put on the ReDoEra-branded electric shock collar
Attempting individualism whilst moderating.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was thinking...

User Banned (Permanent): History of misogyny + downplaying concerns over sexism as false outrage

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I just came across this, i imagine this person was banned

EApDoEuXkAEj239.png

Elcid

Banned
I didn't care for the voice acting in the new Lion King and thought it was the weakest part of the film.

TheContact

I'm not sure if anyone here knows who David Goggins is, but he's an African American Navy Seal. He was on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about the difficulties he had being a 300lb man to becoming a Navy Seal. One thing he noted was how it was harder for him as a black man due to African Americans having a higher bone density, thus becoming less buoyant. I never post there but I saw this dude get banned for simply stating what David said to Joe about African American's having more bone density in a navy seal thread and he was perma banned for being racist.

zeioIIDX

Lmao, I just got banned from that circle jerk of an echo chamber. In a freaking thread about women censoring their feet online, of all things. Fuck 'em, that place is a goddamn cesspool, it's a miracle I managed to stick to lurking for as long as I did. The one time I decide to speak my mind about something, the ONE time, I get banned. No joke. Nothing of value was lost but I'm genuinely curious, what the fuck is going on with those people over there? They just get off on being outraged and offended lol.

iHlYr4z.png

I couldn't even make this up in a ban simulator if I wanted to, it's just too ridiculous. That prior transphobia shit is a total goddamn lie too, yikes. I got banned because I took the liberty of pointing out that the person the thread was about is actually transgender. I only pointed this out because the person that the thread was about looks like a naturally-born woman (that phrase would get me banned at ResetEra, no doubt) and she made a "suck my dick and balls" comment on Twitter and lost a NASA internship and people in the thread didn't realize she is a male-to-female transgender person. I pointed that out because many posters kept saying shit about her "non existent" genitalia for some reason and I got banned since clarifying that fact is apparently considered being transphobic. Despite the fact that I even used the proper pronouns that she prefers. You just can't win or reason with ResetEra.

OmJy1tQ.png

Last edited:

Paltheos

Lmao, I just got banned from that circle jerk of an echo chamber. In a freaking thread about women censoring their feet online, of all things. Fuck 'em, that place is a goddamn cesspool, it's a miracle I managed to stick to lurking for as long as I did. The one time I decide to speak my mind about something, the ONE time, I get banned. No joke. Nothing of value was lost but I'm genuinely curious, what the fuck is going on with those people over there? They just get off on being outraged and offended lol.

iHlYr4z.png

I couldn't even make this up in a ban simulator if I wanted to, it's just too ridiculous. That prior transphobia shit is a total goddamn lie too, yikes.

OmJy1tQ.png

'Severe ban', huh? Sounds like you posted more regularly at some point as otherwise I would have expected the 'inflammatory post while in junior status' tag too.

Join the club. If it makes you feel any better, I was banned half a year ago for liking a photograph and disagreeing with the popular take that it was racist while in the exact same post quoting someone indirectly calling some other poster a bigot he alleges was arguing in bad faith and explaining that that third poster and me post carefully these days out of a concern certain opinions need to be expressed carefully on the site because they're not received well.

Naturally, I was banned for the first part of my post and the guy I quoted walked away scotfree. There's no winning.

(I partly just want an excuse to share this story again because it still pisses me off thinking about how hard I tried sometimes)

zeioIIDX

'Severe ban', huh? Sounds like you posted more regularly at some point as otherwise I would have expected the 'inflammatory post while in junior status' tag too.

Yeah, I definitely posted enough to have "member" status I suppose but I mostly lurked. And out of all the times I posted, the only time that it involved stating my opinion on something not related to video games, that ends up being what I get banned for. You'd think I was telling women that they should all wear burkas or something, good grief. I even made a point of underlining the word some when I talked about women doing certain things but I suppose stating that ANY women are capable of teasing a man sexually is grounds for a ban over there lol.

Interesting how the replies to my comment, which were filled with vitriol and a huge-ass image of a middle finger, ended up being perfectly fine and none of those users were even warned for being inflammatory lmao. It's cool though, I'm annoyed enough to post about it because the ban doesn't seem fair in my opinion but at the end of the day, it's not that serious. I'll survive. ResetEra became increasingly more about perceived transgressions in video games towards LGBTQ people, women, and racial minorities rather than video games themselves.

Christ, I just want to know/talk about video games and get the occasional industry scoop/leak. I don't care about how someone wants to boycott Kojima for including a scene in Death Stranding of a woman in her panties and tanktop. I don't care that Super Smash Bros skimps on black fighters. Since the original Animal Crossing, I've gotten along just fine throughout the series with using a white character lmfao, it really is not that big a deal to me. To some people though, it is.

Representation isn't a bad thing but demanding that a game company make a game specific to your needs and desires is just...ridiculous. Either play the game the devs created or don't play it. Oddly enough, I sometimes miss the days of getting a fat issue of EGM/GamePro/Nintendo Power/GameFan/Etc in the mail and just being able to read about video games. Nothing more, nothing less. I really must be a bigot, huh? I just feel that I'm apathetic and indifferent to it all. I just wanna play video games and read about 'em. All the social/political/outrage stuff, I just don't have the energy for that because no video game or video game developer has personally shit in my Corn Flakes.

Regarding your ban, wow. I'm black (and I most definitely don't speak for anyone other than myself) but that cosplay isn't offensive to me. Maybe I'm the problem, I'm just apathetic towards that sort of thing. She's dressing up as a video game character. It isn't like she painted her face black and then started speaking Ebonics while shucking and jiving. Some people just wanna get mad about shit. I mean, hell, I don't see people getting up in arms when women go turning their skin the color of brown leather in those tanning beds or with tanning lotion. You'd think they'd consider that "blackface" as well lol. Your reply in that thread was thoughtful, considerate, and completely non-confrontational. I totally understand why that would piss you off that someone banned you when you put in a real effort to have a conversation just to get a door slammed in your face.

I went way off tangent here and I realize this is kinda off-topic at this point so I apologize, I'll see my way out of the thread lol.

Last edited:

bryo4321

Anyone notice someone made a thread about the cnn article about Snowden saying he couldn’t find aliens? How long before they realize is came from JRE and they close the thread? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom