• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnNamed

Banned
This is the mod approved shitposting thread about it:
Friendly fire.

nush

Jaffe please just go back to making games. Preferably like your old ones.

You didn't watch it did you? What point in the video did you disagree with?

Edit, he does this all the time. Does a drive by posts and avoids any discussion of his points when called out on them. I see you, I saw you when I called out your "Ten years ago" post as well.

o0SlPDT.png

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
You didn't watch it did you? What point in the video did you disagree with?
I did watch it and I didn't disagree with him about the 1st amendment, but that doesn't mean Era has to give everyone a platform to speak on Era.

^Sorry I don't respond instantly I have to think my thoughts.

Last edited:

pel1300

ERA members talking about how the IDW is dying, how Ben Shapiro had his 15 minutes of fame, how Jordan Peterson is irrelevant in 2020.... and is now down to only Rogan and Bari Weiss.

And Bari Weiss is the smartest of them, according to ERA.

Do they realize Bari Weiss is of the NY Times and she is most famous for exposing her ignorance on Rogan's show?

And Jordan Peterson is still relevant. The MSM just gave up on trying to ""get" him because they were losing more viewers when he kept schooling bad interviewers.

Bari Weiss was on Rogan the other day and it's clear she respects Rogan, almost like a mentor figure. They had a very civil chat where Rogan educated her on Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, and Bernie Sanders and how he likes all three of them but hates the rest.

Papa

Banned
Your pew-pews aint gonna do shit against everything the military has at their disposal nowadays

High tech armies don’t tend to fare as well as one would assume in guerilla warfare. Besides, it’s the deterrent effect that’s important. Why do you think the likes of North Korea want nukes? Because they think they’ll win a fight against the US?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
They really need to take shit easy. Sometimes saying or typing retard is just funny, that's all.

It doesn't need to be hateful. I feel like American society goes through this kind of thing every year with some word.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
ERA members talking about how the IDW is dying, how Ben Shapiro had his 15 minutes of fame, how Jordan Peterson is irrelevant in 2020.... and is now down to only Rogan and Bari Weiss.

And Bari Weiss is the smartest of them, according to ERA.

Do they realize Bari Weiss is of the NY Times and she is most famous for exposing her ignorance on Rogan's show?

And Jordan Peterson is still relevant. The MSM just gave up on trying to ""get" him because they were losing more viewers when he kept schooling bad interviewers.

Bari Weiss was on Rogan the other day and it's clear she respects Rogan, almost like a mentor figure. They had a very civil chat where Rogan educated her on Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, and Bernie Sanders and how he likes all three of them but hates the rest.
Last I looked all those people were more popular than ever. Peterson has been quiet for a few months now because of illness. I'm surprised that forum allows a Peterson thread. Unless it's just a dunking thread? Never looked.

pulga

Banned
Tried to murder BronsonLee:

MWEMV16.png

This is the mod approved shitposting thread about it:

Proof:
qrDltpm.png

feel bad for bronson, he was genuinely a funny poster before joining the mod team

pel1300

Last I looked all those people were more popular than ever. Peterson has been quiet for a few months now because of illness. I'm surprised that forum allows a Peterson thread. Unless it's just a dunking thread? Never looked.

They are so out of touch with reality because they ban liberal independent media discussion...the independent media that are fighting against corporate status quo.

They are so brain washed. They still have members who are Kamala Harris and Hillary fans.

Most of them have no idea who Andrew Yang is other than 1000 a month. They actually fall for MSNBCs bullshit.

Cheebo is a piece of work.

Last edited:

pulga

Banned
What was the catalyst for all of that nonsense? What did Bronson do to get people riled up? This shit always seems so crazy to me.

I think he defended the EGS maybe? And some PC-Era members flipped out and threatened him to death? This whole EGS vs Steam affair has been the epitome of gamer retardness tbh.

fatty

This is common sense for most people, to even have to debate this is ridiculous but I give you props for having the patience to do so.

At around 7:50 when trying to define what hate speech is he says:

~8:08 "You can say legal or not but at the end of the day that is hate speech".

Nice job of ignoring reality to suit your imaginary fantasy world...but my favorite quote is this one:

~10:05 "You are clearly someone who values the Amendments and Constitution. I have my own opinion on them and think some of them are super backwards and should be changed. Point blank."

It's not even like we are playing chess while they are playing checkers, it's to the point where they making up the rules to Candyland! as they go along.

SpartanN92

Banned
Okay... So 20% of ERA is unemployed (that makes sense but I expected it to be higher)
32% are “STEM Professionals” sorry but working at GameStop doesn’t make you a STEM Professional. So that number is definitely inflated.

Do these results surprise you?
6pOzeO7.png

dionysus

Yaldog
Era behaves exactly like STEM professionals who live in the Silicon Valley/Seattle bubble, so it could be legit. Google has less than 1% of employees who have given to a republican. I think Netflix was the highest with around 20%. I can't find the data source, but I read it before Christmas.

Edit. Numbers based on employees who gave donations, not total employees.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Okay... So 20% of ERA is unemployed (that makes sense but I expected it to be higher)
32% are “STEM Professionals” sorry but working at GameStop doesn’t make you a STEM Professional. So that number is definitely inflated.

6pOzeO7.png
Of course there is the possibility many of them are lying or misrepresenting their situation. I bet the unemployed number is in fact higher... somewhere between 30 and 40%.

Particularly because of the pattern of how people log in there...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

6pOzeO7.png

4.9% tradesmen checks out.

I think he defended the EGS maybe? And some PC-Era members flipped out and threatened him to death? This whole EGS vs Steam affair has been the epitome of gamer retardness tbh.
Yeah. That shit continues to completely baffle me. Let people buy what they want and where they want.

dream

okay, so nobody deserves death threats or to be made to feel unsafe. But Bronson was always such an attention whore, and when you make yourself a target, you‘re not allowed to play the victim when someone takes shots at you.

plus, he’s so much of a drama queen that I wouldn’t be surprised if these death threats were basically your standard online gaming taunts, consisting of people calling him gay, black, or telling him what they did to his mother the night prior.

ALSO: Queen of Hunting should be called Queen of Angles.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Jesus just noticed ElectricBlanketFire is a mod now. I guess just posting non stop gets you mod status.

That guy was always really annoying during the short time I posted there. I think 90% of his time awake each day revolves around hating Trump.

MilkLizard

So before I'm going to request ERA to delete my account I made a "GDPR Request" of my data as I'm an EU citizen. More out of curiosity than anything else. They replied within 15 minutes, which came as a surprise as, by the law, they have 30 days to comply. I really appreciated that.

But all I got was an xml file that only contained the stuff I filled out in my profile anyway and nothing else and now I'm kinda wondering if that's supposed to be all?

Anyways, I never posted much, neither there or here tbh, but I'm done with that place. Every thread that is slightly interesting to me gets locked for some weird reasons and I really don't care much for US politics either. I signed up for video games and silly Off-topics ffs, but over there I feel villainized just for being a straight white man living in central Europe. I consider myself a good person and I realized a lot of the people in charge of ERA simply aren't and I hope more people see it as well before they get brainwashed.

What Kiwi, eratakes and GAF doesn't show you the whole picture of Era that I know and love dearly.

You're right : we need all those Resetera discords receipt to see the full picture of Resetera's community.

Yeah. That shit continues to completely baffle me. Let people buy what they want and where they want.

People get up in arms because Valve is one of the most beloved and cherished company in the gaming world, for very good reasons. I might be biased though
:nougat_rofl:

But all I got was an xml file that only contained the stuff I filled out in my profile anyway and nothing else and now I'm kinda wondering if that's supposed to be all?

No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom