• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jNfSv2V.png

cFYAfLK.png

6crRNOg.png

MaxB

Banned
You sound racist.
Why point out black people being wrongly convicted when it affects all skin colours? It is not exclusive to a particular skin colour.

All skin colours can also escape charge depending on the circumstance.

There are also a lot more than just two skin colours in this world and it is just skin colour, who cares. Just treat everyone the same.

Yes, I am sure it affects all colors proportionally.

That mod is the definition of a NPC.

no shit the story will be weaponized. What amazing intelligence you have graced the internet with.

Had it been true, it also would have been weaponized. With the narrative that this is what happens to PoC everyday. And if you are a PoC in the USA and you haven’t had bleach thrown on you and a rope tied around your neck, well... you are just one of the lucky ones.

Brain dead hypocrite smh

Dog's names like Blackie are racist. Infact, the word "dog" is one half of the term "dog whistle" which is definitely racist. Police use dogs. So.... I think its safe to assume all dogs ever are part of systemic racism and should be canceled.

Step aside civil rights leaders of the past, Era is now the one fighting to good fight. Those pale skinned paladins in Canada and Europe know how you should all vote in the American election.
Umbreon (Japanese: ブラッキー Blacky) is a Dark-type Pokémon introduced in Generation II.

Umbreon is a racist Pokémon confirmed.

It seems that the community meetings haven't helped, since the tranny, and the asian (the next meeting) threads are mostly dead. (From the farms) Discussing more with our tech team, the two options we have in regards to privacy for the BCT are:

1. Hiding the thread from unregistered people.
2. Having the thread be password protected.

The first option would not stop registered lurkers from seeing the thread, so it may not be that effective. It would at least offer more privacy than there currently is.

The second option would offer a lot more security. And we would leave it up to you as to who would get permission to enter the thread. The thread would still be viewable to staff and still follow the forum rules, of course. But the downside is that it may make it harder for new blood to join (perhaps another thread could be created for this purpose?). Members who have stopped posting due to privacy concerns would be able to return, though.

So as you can see neither solution is exactly perfect, but if either of these solutions seem appealing to you all, please do let us know, and we can sort it out for you. We could also employ both of these options if that would be preferred

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
srsly?
Today at 10:32 AM
Baji Boxer said:
If you've got the means, it might not be a bad idea. Will probably want to start researching locations soon, though.
As a trans person crippled by mental illness, this has been my basic plan since Trump was elected. Unfortunately, with my boyfriend of four years breaking up with me last month, I've been forced back into a life of extreme poverty, so that every day is a struggle just to remain fed and medicated, with no hope of relief. I'm doomed to die in a country which is rapidly destroying my right to exist.
Sounds like someone who has been mooching of their partner for 4 years and has no skills and no ambition of their own and is unable to look after themselves. If you are entirely dependent on other people that makes you no better than a baby.

The country isn’t destroying your right to exist, you just lost your meal ticket. Your mental health was dependent on you not having any responsibility and now you lost that crutch and find yourself in the real world.

Time to quit blaming the world for your own problems. act like the rest of the adult world and get a fucking job you whining worthless sack of shit.

Last edited:

pulga

Banned
i love how the BCC wants a password protected thread, but quickly turn around to whine about white fragility. the assholes who doxx you will find a way around it anyhow.

just get a fucking discord

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Why is the Black Community thread titles “melanin and estrogen”?

they have a weird habit of continuously putting down black men. even in a thread supposedly about black people the title has a gender qualifier

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Let’s ignore all of these cases of black people wrongly convicted of crimes. From Boston and a lab tech who doctored tens of thousands of tests that led to convictions that have since been overturned to a now dead police chief in Chicago found to have forced his officers to arrest hundreds of innocent black men, examples of how meaningless crime stats have become are unearthed with increasing frequency. And that doesn’t even account for the white criminals who are either never charged or escape a recorded conviction because they are white.

For the record, I was talking within the context of that post, which seemed to be about trend observations based on historical voting data, not anything about crimes.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the Black Community thread titles “melanin and estrogen”?

they have a weird habit of continuously putting down black men. even in a thread supposedly about black people the title has a gender qualifier

Estrogen?! Seems rather trans-exclusionary.

Ymir

Sounds like someone who has been mooching of their partner for 4 years and has no skills and no ambition of their own and is unable to look after themselves. If you are entirely dependent on other people that makes you no better than a baby.

The country isn’t destroying your right to exist, you just lost your meal ticket. Your mental health was dependent on you not having any responsibility and now you lost that crutch and find yourself in the real world.

Time to quit blaming the world for your own problems. act like the rest of the adult world and get a fucking job you whining worthless sack of shit.
That’s always what it is, vast majority have mental health issues and get by from getting people to support them out of pity and then threaten to kill themselves once they lose the free money. But something something Trump is LITERALLY KILLING THEM.

GymWolf

Do you know any people in real life like reeee members??

Maybe bacause i live in italy and specifically sicily where woke shit doesn't exist at all, like AT ALL (one of the few good thing about my country), but i never knew someone like that, like not even close...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
“This case doesn’t matter anymore but to vengeful White people”

That’s rich coming from a community that constantly digs up old tweets and stories about people sometimes a decade old to yell “got ya!” on racism and bigotry. GTFOH that place obsesses over old stories more than any community on the planet. Just a few weeks ago they were going at Rogan for shit he said back in 2011 lmao.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Vengeful? Lol there has to be an inciting incident that you want to avenge. Does he think white people want to protect the two Nigerian brothers he threw under the bus or something? What is there to avenge?

Only reason this thing is news is, this actor guy thought he was smarter than everyone else and beloved he could lie to the world. He is the one that went on tv. He is the one who played the victim. It’s ENTIRELY on his head.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Vengeful? Lol there has to be an inciting incident that you want to avenge. Does he think white people want to protect the two Nigerian brothers he threw under the bus or something? What is there to avenge?

Only reason this thing is news is, this actor guy thought he was smarter than everyone else and beloved he could lie to the world. He is the one that went on tv. He is the one who played the victim. It’s ENTIRELY on his head.
The demand for racism is far outstripping the supply. It really hurts them that this wasn't a hate crime. They really wanted it to be to reinforce their narrative that hate crimes and bigotry are on the rise because of trump.

Mihos

Gold Member
It seems that the community meetings haven't helped, since the tranny, and the asian (the next meeting) threads are mostly dead. (From the farms) Discussing more with our tech team, the two options we have in regards to privacy for the BCT are:

1. Hiding the thread from unregistered people.
2. Having the thread be password protected.

The first option would not stop registered lurkers from seeing the thread, so it may not be that effective. It would at least offer more privacy than there currently is.

The second option would offer a lot more security. And we would leave it up to you as to who would get permission to enter the thread. The thread would still be viewable to staff and still follow the forum rules, of course. But the downside is that it may make it harder for new blood to join (perhaps another thread could be created for this purpose?). Members who have stopped posting due to privacy concerns would be able to return, though.

So as you can see neither solution is exactly perfect, but if either of these solutions seem appealing to you all, please do let us know, and we can sort it out for you. We could also employ both of these options if that would be preferred

I thought we ended segregation back in my generation?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Remember how they were banning a bunch of people for saying they wouldn't necessarily vote D if it's not the right candidate? Now they're banning people for saying they'd vote D no matter what to get rid of Trump:

Posts that users all got banned for:
Things like this are serious reasons for concern.
Shitting on free speech and the right to vote show that these people must never be allowed to get in charge of a government. Otherwise they would have a totalitarian regime locking up people left or right, neighbors whistleblowing and spying on each other, and who knows, maybe even concentration camps for the white people they deem problematic.

Stinkles tries really hard to be part of the woke crowd but it seems logic and honesty are eventually going to get in the way.

Also, different rules for different parts of the community is a disaster in the making. Resetera is a microcosm of how disastrous identity politics can be. Everyone just works against each other to get what they can for their specific segment of the larger community. It's a breakdown of critical thinking and conversation on the left and it doesn't even have anything to do with right wing politics. It's a complete mess.

The infighting just makes me sad. It's become a reality of the left though.

And I'm generally not opposed to things like specific scholarships or special considerations for marginalized groups who need the help. But when everyone starts claiming to want something specific for their own subset marginalized group the whole concept starts to fracture. It's also dangerous when you're dealing with speech and argument. Certain rules for certain community members is going to lead to frustration.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think everyone knows that not all people are treated equally in this country and this world, and while things have gotten better in that regard, we still have a ways to go. But the way that place portrays the societal view in LGBTQ and other minorities, you’d think this was Germany circa 1933-1945. The world can never be good enough or nice enough or inclusive enough.

As long as you crave victimhood, you’re always gonna feel like a victim and nothing will ever be good enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom