• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
TpSepsA.png

"shit. shit. lesbo"

- the woke words of one Stone Cold, Male Feminist Allie Extraordianarie

amazing how much of modern feminism is men tearing down biological women.
LOL

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"they" say that this woman is a piece of shit. "they" say that all women are scum. "they" say women are not humans.

dude, who made you the foremost expert on male rights extremist ideology? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
That Buck Angel thread is beautiful. Dozens of non-binary 'trans' lesbians falling over themselves to call a actual transgender person a terf because he called them out on their bullshit. They are fucking poseurs and they are wrecking things for the people who actually are the things they pretend to be.

nush

Here, this is funny:

A silly thread wherein people make silly sexist jokes and get banned for a month without warning even if it was their first infraction.

Heck, here I at least got warning the first time I said something that made the mods pout and frown.

lluEN3X.png

Another "Boys club behavior" ban, which bitter ugly shrew bitch mod is handing these out?

Resetera, you can only make these objectifing topics about Trannies, Farngoths, landwhales and dudes.

nush

That Buck Angel thread is beautiful. Dozens of non-binary 'trans' lesbians falling over themselves to call a actual transgender person a terf because he called them out on their bullshit. They are fucking poseurs and they are wrecking things for the people who actually are the things they pretend to be.

The "Meltdown" wasn't coming from Buck Angel either. He was calling out the fake trans trenders.

TTOOLL

lluEN3X.png

Another "Boys club behavior" ban, which bitter ugly shrew bitch mod is handing these out?

Resetera, you can only make these objectifing topics about Trannies, Farngoths, landwhales and dudes.

You can't like girls over there it seems.

Can you imagine what the reset of resetera would be like? Like when they implode from inside and decide to create an even more woke forum? Jesus...

JordanN

Banned
lluEN3X.png

I know I've pointed this out before but I made one more observation.

Y4XpA2z.png

"We specifically discourage inappropriate or vulgar objectification of women. "

How is Reset considered an inclusive forum if they admit to making a rule only for women? Why not apply it to both genders or have Men only ones?
Oh right, maybe because their agenda isn't actually equality but enriching Feminists.

Last edited:

Yesbox

Neo Member
"We specifically discourage inappropriate or vulgar objectification of women. "

Resetera is a forum full of men sitting around bitching about even fully clothed women being sexually objectified because their breasts are too big for their liking lol.
I also remember the thread where they talked about an IGN host being sexually objectified in the thumbnails for wearing normal clothes that she wore in her daily life, because apparently an attractive womans mere existence is sexually objectifying... Or something.

Lol.

And yes, they did lock the thread after many many pages. But there are many threads like this that aren't being locked and where the most active posters can say pretty much whatever they want about women with no consequences at all.

Last edited:

Yesbox

Neo Member

Lol, these people think that women have no sense of humor.
Sure some women might be more prudish but so are men, but it's not so one-sided.

I honestly think that women have more peverted senses of humor than men do more often than not, at least in my experience.
I mean have they heard women comedians before?
It's almost always about sex.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Lol, these people think that women have no sense of humor.
Sure some women might be more prudish but so are men, but it's not so one-sided.

I honestly think that women have more peverted senses of humor than men do more often than not, at least in my experience.
I mean have they heard women comedians before?
It's almost always about sex.
Women are hyper perverted. Don't fall for the Reset meme that they despise sex. They secretly want to make out with other women.

bzKDNUH.png

Last edited:

Yesbox

Neo Member
I wonder how long it'll last.

Every time I look around in the Resetera forums or I see people posting bad takes from there it's almost always the same people, it's pretty clear that it's a smaller group of people together with the mods who basically spiral everything out of control all the time.
Most people seem to just want a forum to post in that is more moderated and doesn't have the usual forum shenanigans going on ( lets be honest here, most gaming forums are a clusterfuck of racism and sexism and just shitposting ).
So they kinda put up with it and try to stay out of trouble.

I really think that Resetera has an overinflated image because of it, the forum seems more important than it is because on the surface there's all of this craziness. But underneath most people there are probably quite reasonable and just stay out of trouble and don't get involved with the crazy.
Either those people are going to leave en masse or the mods will have to pull something crazy and cause it all to implode.

I mean the thread on '' why women don't like sexualized characters '' or whatever it's called.
Last time I checked it's just the same handful of people posting there endlessly every day lol. At first I was all like '' omg, that's a lot of people and posts. '' and it kinda made me sad. But then when I actually looked closer it was just the same people.
And women who disagreed with the guys in that thread were just shouted down and mocked.
Even the OP in that thread and the examples given is just strawman arguments and ad-hominems, the thread should be locked right there if they stayed consistent with their rules but they allow it because the mods agree with it.

The forum could honestly probably be pretty good without the extremely over-zealous mods and if they got rid of the people derailing the whole forum.

Last edited:
I wonder how long it'll last.

Every time I look around in the Resetera forums or I see people posting bad takes from there it's almost always the same people, it's pretty clear that it's a smaller group of people together with the mods who basically spiral everything out of control all the time.
Most people seem to just want a forum to post in that is more moderated and doesn't have the usual forum shenanigans going on ( lets be honest here, most gaming forums are a clusterfuck of racism and sexism and just shitposting ).
So they kinda put up with it and try to stay out of trouble.

I really think that Resetera has an overinflated image because of it, the forum seems more important than it is because on the surface there's all of this craziness. But underneath most people there are probably quite reasonable and just stay out of trouble and don't get involved with the crazy.
Either those people are going to leave en masse or the mods will have to pull something crazy and cause it all to implode.

I mean the thread on '' why women don't like sexualized characters '' or whatever it's called.
Last time I checked it's just the same handful of people posting there endlessly every day lol. At first I was all like '' omg, that's a lot of people and posts. '' and it kinda made me sad. But then when I actually looked closer it was just the same people.
And women who disagreed with the guys in that thread were just shouted down and mocked.
Even the OP in that thread and the examples given is just strawman arguments and ad-hominems, the thread should be locked right there if they stayed consistent with their rules but they allow it because the mods agree with it.

The forum could honestly probably be pretty good without the extremely over-zealous mods and if they got rid of the people derailing the whole forum.
Your logic is sound in terms of staying low and not joining in on certain banbait topics but the issue is the walls have slowly been peeled away and people are getting banned for the stupidest of reasons....this is only going to increase and you can’t resterà without moderators and they have been excelling in picking the worst possible people to do it

good moderation is invisible...resetera is not

you have to be an idiot if you post there and think it’s a gaming forum

Last edited:

SCB3

"they" say that this woman is a piece of shit. "they" say that all women are scum. "they" say women are not humans.

dude, who made you the foremost expert on male rights extremist ideology? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Seriously everytime I hear someone referred to as "they" it just reminds me of Venom, is that the idea here?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
lets be honest here, most gaming forums are a clusterfuck of racism and sexism and just shitposting ).
Receipts?

That’s a big “could” right there.

The reality is different.

- a lot of PC gamers left because of heavy meddling from biased mods.

- discussion about certain games is outright banned, and there’s such a heavy bias against certain themes and designs that anyone with a couple of functioning brain cells will abstain from discussion. About a year ago or so, someone there was surprised to see basically no discussion about Valkyria Chronicles 4. The game wasn’t outright banned, but the first active thread about the game was about some sexist scene so there was no doubt what would happen to people who’d just want to discuss the game. That’s not allowed there, so it was like the game never came out at all.

- a game like Xenoblade 2 could only get good discussion on Era because it came out so close to the split from GAF, when mods and admins wanted people to join the site. If it came out today, there would be no way to say you enjoy the game in spite of the character designs without taking a ban. You can see it in threads opened no earlier than last week. Mods are making sure they make up for the chances lost in 2017 to ban people for just not caring about exposed boobs more than they care about one of the best JRPGs of the last years.

- actual OTs for some games receive vastly less participation than threads about some aptly fabricated controversy about the same games. It’s easy to have the biggest forum when a single game gets a couple of threads dedicated to the actual game and 15 about some “unacceptable” part of a game and people kinda liking the game, but really wanting it to be something it isn’t. Threads about a game being literally Trump or the reason why Trump is president aren’t too few and far between, either. It’s a lot (a LOT) of noise. Much worse than a little shitposting, if you ask me.

People “want” a forum to post in, you say? Tough luck. It’s nice to want things. What they want isn’t Reera. Never will be.

Are any of the female mods on era actual women?
Really depends on what you class as women...and that’s before you get to science of defining a gender.

strong/independent and open you definitely won’t find

angry/introverted and generally a cog in a conveyer belt of nasty is the most likely
Reminds me of the old yahoo chat saying....the men are men...the women are men and the children are fbi agents

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
At this rate there will be only 1 person left there, not banned. And that person is either the most pathetic human alive or the best ban dodger.

Last edited:
Women are hyper perverted. Don't fall for the Reset meme that they despise sex. They secretly want to make out with other women.

bzKDNUH.png

Resetera basically adheres to:

What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails
That's what little boys are made of

What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice [or "all things nice"]
That's what little girls are made of[1