• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
8KSMydc.jpg

pathetic human being, right here

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Holy shit, Reset is losing their minds.

zHDJun4.png

Everything is Trump's fault. Some idiot drinks aquarium cleaner? Trump is to blame for that.

desertdroog

Double post but now even Reset's mods are peddling lies.
By9L4Uz.png

Trump isn't telling anyone to drink pool cleaner...
Idiocracy.

Both the people who are self-medicating with items not meant for human consumpiton and that forum.

Saruhashi

Banned
8KSMydc.jpg

It's simply not acceptable for a professional reviewer to do this.
This is what concerns me about the ResetEra influence on the industry.

A lot of people would have put a lot of work and effort into this game.
If their game is legitimately great then they deserve the good reviews.
Not just because it will drive sales but because it also gives the developers the recognition for their outstanding work.

So for a reviewer to mark down a game because it's "a great game at the wrong time" is just a really shitty thing to do.
The headline of the review focusses on that and from the start the reviewer basically says "great game but I wish I didn't have to play it right now."
It's a real slap in the face to developers who worked so hard on the game and who deserve impartial and fair reviews of their work.

Idiots like Klepek defending this kind of review style are not helping anyone but their own selfish interests.
What he's basically arguing for are reviews that are more about the reviewer than the thing they are supposed to be reviewing.
It's part review of the game part review of the writers mental state.

The game was awesome guys but at one point I thought about some completely unrelated issue in my personal life and it made me sad and I had to stop playing so I'm just gonna mark it down for that.
It's like the reviews you see on Amazon where a movie has a one star review because the DVD arrived one day late.
Probably even worse than that since this is a professional reviewer.

It seems to be only video games that have this particular issue of reviewers deeply personalizing their reviews.
When I am buying new headphones I will tend to check out reviews online and these will often influence my decision.
I should not be subjected to something like "the build quality is great and the sound is among the best in this price range but I am going through a messy divorce and I listened to a sad song on the headphones that made me cry so I am taking marks off for that".
What the hell?

For some reason people in the gaming community have this idea that "Criticism" is some unquestionable and God-like thing that needs to be respected and worshiped. As if there is no such thing as a bad criticism and when it comes down to it the reviewers very personalized criticisms are inherently valid.

From the review: "But considering how stressed out I already am about being in shelter-in-place and practicing social distancing, I have to say that I’m envious of my friends who were spending all of their time catching virtual fish and paying of digital home loans"

So basically he'd rather be playing Animal Crossing. Which inversely seems to get a review score bump for being released at this precise moment in time.

This is where we are at right now.
Where the industry has these parasites clinging to it and making the process of reviewing games into some kind of personal crusade for the reviewers.
I feel kind of sorry for developers who put their heart and soul into these games only to have some dickhead say "great game, probably a 10 out of 10, but the Whole Foods was all out of soy milk this morning and that's put me in a bad mood and every time I ran out of ammo it reminded me of how Whole Foods ran out of soy milk so 8 out of 10 it is!"

Ionian

Went down the rabbit-hole with Klepek yesterday after his post was posted, had no idea who the guy was. I don't follow gaming journalism, at least not since I was a kid in the 80's-90's.

Was genuinely shocked. How the hell has he not got the Era treatment and been deplatformed?

Then I remembered Hobbes being originally a verified freelance games journalist.

I stand by the fact Cerium took the first lifeboat off that sinking ship, it's hilarious. Gotta give him kudos for that.

Last edited:

nush

Was genuinely shocked. How the hell has he not got the Era treatment and been deplatformed?

Industry people are a protected class on Era IF they have an account there because they validate that forum as a place where industry people go to talk about stuff.

Anything they said in the past was "a long time ago and they have learned and grown as a person". From a games "Journalist " POV it's an easy audience to play to for likes/clicks/comments/shares.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Industry people are a protected class on Era IF they have an account there because they validate that forum as a place where industry people go to talk about stuff.

Anything they said in the past was "a long time ago and they have learned and grown as a person". From a games "Journalist " POV it's an easy audience to play to for likes/clicks/comments/shares.
The last part is effectively "journalists" on Era
4ZxqwZc.png

Whoring themselves out to stay relevant and amass those clicks.

If the plagiarist from Brazil had an era account they would have easily forgiven Filip Miucin his transgressions. However, they doubled down on him when Jason Schreirer dogpiled on him in ERA for his laziness. The roars of whatever stupid phrases they have echoed in the chamber that time.

PS plagiarism is bad, m'kay

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sounds like a shitty parent ignoring their child and mother for a game. Wow you cried for a second before for continuing to play? What if instead you had a sit down talk with your kids about this life changing thing we are going thru? No? Then Maybe the problem is you prioritising a game in that moment over your own family maybe that’s really why you are crying.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Asking the real questions here. Did he cry for real or in the VR world?? Who knows.
Press F to cry.

Idiots like Klepek defending this kind of review style are not helping anyone but their own selfish interests.
What he's basically arguing for are reviews that are more about the reviewer than the thing they are supposed to be reviewing.
Ding ding ding it has always been about their little cults of personality. Why else would blog sites like Kotaku garner some kind of industry respect?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

While they lived out of state until about 5 months ago, my parents are now about 20 minutes away. For a while there it meant we took our kiddo over about once a week or every other week, it was nice for them to get to see each other more often. Now it's just kinda like they're out of state again. But I've devised a method where I put aside some time during the day so my parents can see the face of my child. I've dubbed it "FaceTime." But I definitely broke down crying about it while playing vidya games last night, because it's so horrible we're gonna have to wait a while to see them in person.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
While they lived out of state until about 5 months ago, my parents are now about 20 minutes away. For a while there it meant we took our kiddo over about once a week or every other week, it was nice for them to get to see each other more often. Now it's just kinda like they're out of state again. But I've devised a method where I put aside some time during the day so my parents can see the face of my child. I've dubbed it "FaceTime." But I definitely broke down crying about it while playing vidya games last night, because it's so horrible we're gonna have to wait a while to see them in person.
Pity it took a pandemic to invent something as valuable as this 'FaceTime' thingy. A wise queer non-binary lesbian pansexual once said it's tougher to keep your kids away from their grandparents for a few weeks than to tell your child your grandparents are dead. Words to live by.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Aren’t the mods the actual racist ones always making connections? I wonder if u would get banned for racism for saying you hate fried chicken
Well, we'll soon find out.

Fuck I messed up the thread title. Whatever....

Edit. Holy fuck less than a minute and there is already 20 replies. Those cunts are quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ymir

Bigrx1

Banned
The last part is effectively "journalists" on Era
4ZxqwZc.png

Whoring themselves out to stay relevant and amass those clicks.

If the plagiarist from Brazil had an era account they would have easily forgiven Filip Miucin his transgressions. However, they doubled down on him when Jason Schreirer dogpiled on him in ERA for his laziness. The roars of whatever stupid phrases they have echoed in the chamber that time.

PS plagiarism is bad, m'kay

Looks like she had a couple planets orbiting her and managed to stuff them into that shirt

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
People should ignore Patrick Klepeck. He's a manchild and terrible writer. I am actually surprised to see he's still employed as a journalist. High school kids write better and are less emotional.

Doczu

Guys, i've taken a 40+ pages break from this thread, but with the quarantine and shit i had an itch to scratch. Could someone summarize what happened lately, or is it worth going through all those pages?

Ionian

Guys, i've taken a 40+ pages break from this thread, but with the quarantine and shit i had an itch to scratch. Could someone summarize what happened lately, or is it worth going through all those pages?

Basically the mods and users are demolished and evidence shown to prove they are hypocrites.

It's worth the read if you have the time, it's pretty amusing.

Ionian

Did you miss the time Era got hacked?

Had forgotten about this, the threads created by the zombie accounts disproving the official response was glorious and incredibly funny. Wonder how many users they lost over it.

JordanN

Banned
:ROFLMAO:

KyXWUpP.png
Why doesn't everyone agree with meeeee.

REEEEEEE.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

KyXWUpP.png
Members of a hate-site sob over projected hate from their opponents. Adorable.

nush

KyXWUpP.png

"People want to go back to work", what are the chances this guy lives with his parents so paying the bills and supporting a family are alien concepts to him?

JordanN

Banned

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s true only nazis worship their leaders never happens in any other systems which are all famously anti authoritarian /s

It’s funny tho I read that post and he was claiming you are nazi if you fought AGAINST the concentration camps and warrant less detentions of the Obama era. Yes if you were against the power structure that drones people all around the world and keeps whistleblowers in torturous solitary confinement if you are AGAINST these thing then YOU are the nazi

Basically you are a Nazi if you don’t think like this guy it has ZERO to do with policies. Entirely full of shit. The word has lost ALL meaning at this point. It’s “I am rubber you are glue” level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom