• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubenhimer

LOL, this shit just gets better and better!

Narasumas

That’s one thing I actually respect Nintendo for (among others)—that they stay apolitical.

JordanN

Banned

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JocxPK7.png

Just the funniest thing I read today considering they're a Japanese company. I guess Japan doesn't matter either?

Last edited:

McCheese

They are mad at Nintendo for not saying anything in support of the protest, when nintendo were just taking part in the media #blackout thing in support of the protest.

You couldn't make these jokes up!

I guess the only winning move is not to play.

Last edited:
Why is it so important for Era members to see corporate companies make statements on this situation? Don't actions speak louder than words? Or is this more "silence means you're complicit" bs?

It's pure self interest from companies such as Sony and Nike to put out statements. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jubenhimer

They are mad at Nintendo for not saying anything in support of the protest, when nintendo were just taking part in the media #blackout thing in support of the protest.

You couldn't make these jokes up!

I guess the only winning move is not to play.
But if you don't shout it from the rooftops according to ERA, then you support Nazis, and you don't want to be associated with Nazis do you? /s

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
IDK how many American Football players would drink a pint of vomit off someone's arsehole, but that's the kind of shit Rugby players do for fun.

*eats bowl of nails*

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Im expecting the ERA gaming thread to devolve into the following:

I want to eat Pringles but I had a dream last night where the mascot said some problematic things. Should I still eat Pringles?
- no, Pringles made crisps for the Nazis in WWII
- first post nails it
-if you dreamt it, it's proof as accusations are evidence
-i dreamt the same so it's no coincidence.
- I didn't know that, wow. I could easily check and possibly debunk it but if I can't believe an anonymous poster on an internet thread, who can I trust?
-You're an adult, eat whatever you like (banned)
- salt and Vinegar flavour was created to torture the slaves by dipping it in the open wounds
- are ye fucking retarded? (Banned)
- Is Pringles transpobic as the mascot has toxic white male privilege. Would they be better with a poc who is a woman
- I knew about Pringles problematic history 40 years ago so I haven't eaten any since John Lennon was shot
-try Doritos (user warned)
-OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION We do not give Doritos a platform.
- Doritos are racist. They are the same colour as the orange turd in the white house
-orange turd ha ha, how original. Where do you come up with that original funny stuff?
- where is the link to the secret ERA discord paedo channel? (Moderator)
-Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft have made a deal for special dlc with every purchase of Pringles
- I love Pringles
- OP is silly
- Locked at OP's request (moderator)

I'm like Bill fucking Shakespeare writing that thread template of ERA. The only thing they could do to surprise me with is Slayven posting a 3 sentence post with no spelling or gramatical errors.

eot

Banned
This guy seems like a special kind of turboidiot
xA7H5g9.png

Do they even know what a strike is? It's not "I randomly decide to not go to work", it's a purposeful collective action by a union with clear demands that is usually the fallout of failed negotiations. Fucking mongs.

Last edited:

zapiks44

So they pro-gun now? I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with them wanting one, good for them if they want to defend their life & property. Its just...damn. That was the fastest 180 degrees I've seen.

It's like that with pretty much everyone who is anti-gun rights. They'll always change their tune very quickly if they feel unsafe. Hell, some of them even persist in their hypocrisy. Look at how many celebrities are pro-gun control but walk around with armed bodyguards.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's like that with pretty much everyone who is anti-gun rights. They'll always change their tune very quickly if they feel unsafe. Hell, some of them even persist in their hypocrisy. Look at how many celebrities are pro-gun control but walk around with armed bodyguards.

Not going to lie, even as a liberal I decided to buy a gun as protests began occurring a bit too close to home for comfort. I am absolutely against police brutality and would love to see reform, but if some group of assholes with no skin in the game marches into my neighborhood looking to burn shit down I want to be prepared. I don't think I have it in me to actually shoot at someone, but hopefully just the sight of a firearm or a few warning shots fired into the sky would scare them off.

Eevee86

Not going to lie, even as a liberal I decided to buy a gun as protests began occurring a bit too close to home for comfort. I am absolutely against police brutality and would love to see reform, but if some group of assholes with no skin in the game marches into my neighborhood looking to burn shit down I want to be prepared. I don't think I have it in me to actually shoot at someone, but hopefully just the sight of a firearm or a few warning shots fired into the sky would scare them off.
I won one in a raffle a few years ago. Decided it might not be a bad idea to have a clip loaded the other night.

600Breezy

Someone educate and OZ boy here - was George Floyd previously arrested and jailed for 5 years for impersonating a water service worker, and held a woman at gun point while his 2 buddies robbed her? Or is this misinformation?

MrA

Someone educate and OZ boy here - was George Floyd previously arrested and jailed for 5 years for impersonating a water service worker, and held a woman at gun point while his 2 buddies robbed her? Or is this misinformation?
yes yes he did, but gentle giant and all that

JordanN

Banned
They want to indoctrinate your children.

o8VOwjb.png

The SJW's are seriously treading a dangerous line. It wont be long until they demand people be sent to "re-education camps" to cure them of racism.

Last edited:

SantaC

imagine bullying someone for using the correct code terms of these games. It just proves that REE is a bunch of snotty kids.

MrA

o8VOwjb.png

The SJW's are seriously treading a dangerous line. It wont be long until they demand people be sent to "re-education camps" to cure them of racism.
Well we've already seen Bernie Bros fantasizing about it

I like how they have a thread bemoaning Nintendo over not apperently support BLM even though they have another thread that implies otherwise.

Anyway, Activision, who bowed down to Pooh Bear last year suddenly cares about justice? Now that is what makes those brand statements a joke to me in my eyes.

Ribi

I like how they have a thread bemoaning Nintendo over not apperently support BLM even though they have another thread that implies otherwise.

Anyway, Activision, who bowed down to Pooh Bear last year suddenly cares about justice? Now that is what makes those brand statements a joke to me in my eyes.
so how much has Reesetera donated? 👀

Dynheart04

Neo Member
imagine bullying someone for using the correct code terms of these games. It just proves that REE is a bunch of snotty kids.

I got the same treatment with the Wanderers of the Ys series. I asked some suggestions about the "wanderers of the y's"...it got to page 3 before I got a first legit response. "It's Ys, not y's! You didn't capitalize the Y, and there's no apostrophe!" Maaaaan, I was torn to shreds. My only defense is that I never played/payed attention to the series, so I kind of made the thread off the cuff. Made no difference, as I should have done research on the series/spelling first.

Needless to say, I got nothing from that community from asking a simple question: recommend me some games from the "y's" series. lol

SantaC

I got the same treatment with the Wanderers of the Ys series. I asked some suggestions about the "wanderers of the y's"...it got to page 3 before I got a first legit response. "It's Ys, not y's! You didn't capitalize the Y, and there's no apostrophe!" Maaaaan, I was torn to shreds. My only defense is that I never played/payed attention to the series, so I kind of made the thread off the cuff. Made no difference, as I should have done research on the series/spelling first.

Needless to say, I got nothing from that community from asking a simple question: recommend me some games from the "y's" series. lol
That's what they are. A bunch of bullies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

And it's locked. They are slowly on the way to banning Mario from a gaming forum for problematic non responses. I think it's a great look for them to ban discussing one of the big three. 🤡

Can't wait for that board's civil war. I'll be like Cartman licking the tears. All because Mario's reputation was questioned.

MrA

I legitimately saw this 5 mins before I typed that post. Not once has this been mentioned.

sorry floydy, rest in piss bruv
he was also on meth, fentanyl and drunk at the time of his death, for a man with a heart condition he sure was willing to do a really dangerous combination of drugs.

nush

And it's locked. They are slowly on the way to banning Mario from a gaming forum for problematic non responses. I think it's a great look for them to ban discussing one of the big three. 🤡

Can't wait for that board's civil war. I'll be like Cartman licking the tears. All because Mario's reputation was questioned.

9sAVSDe.jpg

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
This guy seems like a special kind of turboidiot

Do they even know what a strike is? It's not "I randomly decide to not go to work", it's a purposeful collective action by a union with clear demands that is usually the fallout of failed negotiations. Fucking mongs.

Honestly the more caps you see from that site, the more they come across as uneducated idiots with no real grasp on the world. They've found the perfect niche they can occupy screaming slogans that the world generally agrees with but makes them feel intelligent because they class them as 'politics'. It's self classed profundity, for the puerile. The thread they have is laughable, there is literally no discussion in it at all, full of fanfic stories, retweets of narrative supporting nobodies, removing of any content that runs to the contrary, evidence absent conclusions and shriekings.

DJpKrl6UxAavn7aB2WTWKFparI8=.gif

McCheese

How "doing nothing" or simply ignoring the whole drama, now equaits to being a confirmed racist nazi, is a dream scenario for them.

It means that by default everybody is now racist, which ties into their underlying belief that everybody is somehow inferior to them, and needs to beg them for approval to be elevated to their level.

It gives them a sense of power and entitlement over others, which these sad bullied outcasts have always desired.

Last edited:

Scotty W

How "doing nothing" or simply ignoring the whole drama, now equaits to being a confirmed racist nazi, is a dream scenario for them.

It means that by default everybody is now racist, which ties into their underlying belief that everybody is somehow inferior to them, and needs to beg them for approval to be elevated to their level.
Great point.

It is a religious phenomenon. At bottom it is driven by the need to be forgiven, to make atonement. But without a God to make that possible, the need is secularized, and so they need to be forgiven by history and its victims- which is by definition impossible.

Anyone who does not believe as they do, or who stands in the way of their quest is a damned heretic, fit for the flames.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Great point.

It is a religious phenomenon. At bottom it is driven by the need to be forgiven, to make atonement. But without a God to make that possible, the need is secularized, and so they need to be forgiven by history and its victims- which is by definition impossible.

Anyone who does not believe as they do, or who stands in the way of their quest is a damned heretic, fit for the flames.
Allow me to take that a bit further: your description is far more detailed and complete that what is rattling around in most of their heads. That is to say, you've laid out the rules of "forgiveness" far clearer than most progressives would. I also find it funny how most of them parrot phrases and beliefs from books they've never read (like Marx and Engels), so you even have the loyal True Believer religious zealots who don't know a lick of their own Bible yet are willing to lay down their privileged trust-funded lives for the sake of the cause.

I think their "rules" to be forgiven are intentionally vague in order to heighten the vulnerability to narcissists and mob-whims. At least a religion has a central text or core Event to serve as the focal point. This modern secular religion is aimless.

Scotty W

Allow me to take that a bit further: your description is far more detailed and complete that what is rattling around in most of their heads. That is to say, you've laid out the rules of "forgiveness" far clearer than most progressives would. I also find it funny how most of them parrot phrases and beliefs from books they've never read (like Marx and Engels), so you even have the loyal True Believer religious zealots who don't know a lick of their own Bible yet are willing to lay down their privileged trust-funded lives for the sake of the cause.

I think their "rules" to be forgiven are intentionally vague in order to heighten the vulnerability to narcissists and mob-whims. At least a religion has a central text or core Event to serve as the focal point. This modern secular religion is aimless.
The need for atonement is not much respected by people trying to understand religion. But it is perhaps the most important mover of history. One might even argue that the search for truth, ie science, is grounded in this need. It is clear that Marxism and its activist offshoots are rooted in this need as well. Bertrand Russell puts this perfectly:

To understand Marx psychologically, one should use the following dictionary:

Yahweh = Dialectial Materialism

The Messiah = Marx

The Elect = The Proletariat

The Church = The Communist Party

The Second Coming = The Revolution

Hell = Punishment of the Capitalists

The Millennium = The Communist Commonwealth

#Phonepunk#

Banned
- SJW is a religion.
- virtue signalling is how they proselytize.
- "woke" politicians, corporations and mainstream media are the high priests.
- Climate Change is the apocalypse.
- "black lives matter" "metoo" "vote blue no matter who" etc. are the creeds and dogmas
- cis white males are the Original Sin
- all heretics (ex. Kanye) must be excommunicated and shunned
- excommunication = deplatforming
- every day they must find a new sacrificial victim for THE NARRATIVE & perform public humiliation rituals
- moral righteousness drives evangelical behavior

except the big different is that a religion typically has a moral foundation. this is more like a nihilist cult.

we see across many dimensions (for instance "#MeToo", so unthinkably important one year, a "right wing trap" (???) a few years later) these are not actual unbending ideologies but merely dogma they cherry pick and use to beat others into submission.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Why is it so important for Era members to see corporate companies make statements on this situation? Don't actions speak louder than words? Or is this more "silence means you're complicit" bs?
Optics are really the only important thing. Representation. because these people don't believe in God or a non-corporate culture, they think that corporate culture creates morals and reality. they are fully locked into consumerism, the only way they can express themselves is through their consumer choices. they know deep down that consumerism is a hollow, soulless exercise, so they want every product to come with DEEP POLITICAL MEANING. this enables (1)justification to continue consuming (2) virtue signalling, self glorification, evangelism, and (3) worship of their favorite woke brands (the only practical result of a consumer-based ideology)

i saw how Nintendo was actually doubling donations to black causes, yet this meant nothing to them, and they demanded performance. this is because giving money to the cause doesn't help Optics. this is because if Nintendo gives money to a cause, it doesn't help you virtue signal to other cultists how woke you are.

so Nintendo putting out a statement, a woke product that you can consume and use to virtue signaller to other consumers, is the desired goal. actual justice, Nintendo helping real black people, all of that is a secondary concern. woke virtue signalling is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Optics are really the only important thing. Representation. because these people don't believe in God or a non-corporate culture, they think that corporate culture creates morals and reality. they are fully locked into consumerism, the only way they can express themselves is through their consumer choices. they know deep down that consumerism is a hollow, soulless exercise, so they want every product to come with DEEP POLITICAL MEANING. this enables (1)justification to continue consuming (2) virtue signalling, self glorification, evangelism, and (3) worship of their favorite woke brands (the only practical result of a consumer-based ideology)

i saw how Nintendo was actually doubling donations to black causes, yet this meant nothing to them, and they demanded performance. this is because giving money to the cause doesn't help Optics. this is because if Nintendo gives money to a cause, it doesn't help you virtue signal to other cultists how woke you are.

so Nintendo putting out a statement, a woke product that you can consume and use to virtue signaller to other consumers, is the desired goal. actual justice, Nintendo helping real black people, all of that is a secondary concern. woke virtue signalling is the only thing that matters.
Not even the European catholics with their indulgences ran a racket this successful.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

o8VOwjb.png

Relying on large corporations to educate children. Who needs parents or teachers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom