• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Banned
Resetera is having a discussion on what defunding the police means.

As a Democrat, it’s infuriating watching other Democrats fuck up messaging constantly. This is why Democrats keep losing elections. They use stupid language like “defund the police” and then there’s gotta be a three hour lecture about the nuance of what that phrase means. They can’t even agree amongst each other, and the fact that this has to be clarified means the slogan is dumb.

If you have to explain the joke, you told a bad joke.
No, if the joke sucks ass, only ass suckers will try to figure it out. That’s the most succinct explanation I can give you.

• Fire
Reactions: eot

Teslerum

Reset has something to say about Texas.

gRYyqLy.png

Gee, imagine if Republicans were allowed to make the same observations?:unsure:

Edit: Even Microsoft bitch boy, Stinkles, is now using race to judge elections.

7D7MPVz.png

I sincerely hope this will be a repeat of 2016 and the 2019 UK elections. The meltdown thread will be glorious.

petran79

Banned
This is so true, I'm from the Balkans and everyone is acting so progressive when they immigrate, but when they're visiting home God forbid a gypsy comes up to you to beg, they shun them like lepers, Balkan people hate gypsies like the plague. There was a meme with a picture of MLK and the caption "Balkan people when we're talking about US racial issues" and next to it a picture of Hitler with the caption "Balkan people when they talk about gypsies", everyone is a hypocrite lol

Yes, even today at a school in my municipality they arbitrarily put Romani children in separate classes and no one bothers.

As a Democrat, it’s infuriating watching other Democrats fuck up messaging constantly. This is why Democrats keep losing elections. They use stupid language like “defund the police” and then there’s gotta be a three hour lecture about the nuance of what that phrase means. They can’t even agree amongst each other, and the fact that this has to be clarified means the slogan is dumb.

I suggest a more insidious reason:

They use an emotionally-charged slogan on purpose to scoop in the radicals, the passionate, the angry, the disenfranchised True Believers. Then when these slogans inevitably raise some eyebrows, they sit you down like a child and explain (they are speaking down to you, the peasant, the voter) why it's okay and what it really means.

The intelligencia has been doing this with their Marxist screens since forever. Burn down buildings and chant "worker revolt" in the streets but if the academics and skeptics don't go along with it, then waste hours upon hours of their time talking them into knots and explaining your dogma to them.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Only took 5 posts. Pure scum.

All kinds of revisionist hot takes in there basically applying “both sides” arguments to the western allies while I saw one post practically lionizing the Soviet Union.

The argument of “what if Hitler just killed German Jews” is a nonsensical take that ignores Hitler’s rise to power being a product of revenge for the Treaty of Versailles and a unification of the German people. The idea that solely a “Kill/expel all the Jews” platform would ever get the Nazi party elected in the first place certainly doesn’t speak well of the Germans in general. The reality is that that kind of platform would have failed in the face of a much more compelling platform from both communists and democrats.

Further, expansionist views and land grabs is a feature of totalitarianism (both communist and fascist) and not a bug. There’s no scenario where the US sits out any conflict indefinitely.

Last edited:

Ymir

They can't even agree whether to backpedal or hold strong on acab when people push back. To them it's not a joke though, it's the same with "all white people are racist" and non white people can't be racist. If you take that stupid of stands then you won't get anyone.

Reset has something to say about Texas.

gRYyqLy.png

Gee, imagine if Republicans were allowed to make the same observations?:unsure:

Edit: Even Microsoft bitch boy, Stinkles, is now using race to judge elections.

7D7MPVz.png
Another reason you should be pushing people to get out and vote since the majority don't vote in local politics and you have the potential to win elections without a majority if you energize your demographics. But instead it's racist to tell people they have to go vote.

when will Era make a statement?

This is very true, you have the "biggest most influential video game message board in the world" and with all the fucking staff posts and threadmarkers they're too cowardly to make a site-wide statement? Where's the drunk Hecht to guide them?

Also that JK Rowling thread is a pretty nice read. Excel is having another mental breakdown and Messofanego who literally had to buy a wife is shitty on women constantly. It's almost ironic. Also now retroactively Harry Potter has always been shit and so poorly written that if you're older than 3 years old it's a shit book so you're just a moron if you liked it in any manner lol.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Moving away from era for a moment - these rockrolls on twitter are doing my head in. Post something false and then spam the thread with the #BLM - it's fucking cheap and people just want backpats on it. The easiest, no effort thing I've seen in my life. Aching for like.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jesus Christ....

ACAB even the fictional zombie killing ones I guess

Kuranghi

Yesterday I learned a new word, that the Chinese use for people like the idiots over at Reeee~~~~ : Baizuo
We should start calling them by that name.

I love the related word that described on that wiki pages first paragraph:

"The term baizuo is related to the term shèngmǔ (圣母, 聖母, literally "holy mother" or St Mary), a sarcastic reference to those whose political opinions are perceived as being guided by emotions or a hypocritical show of selflessness and empathy."

lmao, brilliant.

Kuranghi

I commend anyone who can spend more than 5 minutes reading political posts on resetera, I'd rather lick my own arsehole.

Even the PC Performance threads suck now, its literally a bunch of people who don't even know what v-sync does. Not everyone is technical ofc but if I went somewhere to discuss the intricacies of a car model and someone was like "How do I change gear" I'd be like wtf lol.

I'm gonna offer to make them in the gaming forum here actually.

haxan7

Banned
I commend anyone who can spend more than 5 minutes reading political posts on resetera, I'd rather lick my own arsehole.

Even the PC Performance threads suck now, its literally a bunch of people who don't even know what v-sync does. Not everyone is technical ofc but if I went somewhere to discuss the intricacies of a car model and someone was like "How do I change gear" I'd be like wtf lol.

I chuckled

Ymir

Jesus Christ....

lol, the first fucking post

Thumbnail Chris looks like the type who'd tweet #bluelivesmatter

This is a video game forum folks. This is like the mothers in the 90s having heartaches over violent videogames like mortal kombat.

It's always been like that. It's one or two people skimming reviews on other tech sites and just parroting what they say. You can see that with monitor selections where most people say "oh it's an X panel, those are garbage. What a ripoff!!!!".

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jesus Christ....

Poor Jawmuncher. Even though he is a mod he only wants to talk about RE and Dino Crisis. He's never worked as a mod, just a mod in name only. If Dino Crisis was remade they would derail and complain about Chris Pratt within 5 posts.
Even the PC Performance threads suck now, its literally a bunch of people who don't even know what v-sync does.
Fucking idiots. Just to be sure, that's the boyband with Justin Timberlake, right?

Scotty W

Thank you! It was a two month. I won't be going back. The site continues to get worse, and less and less about gaming. Did you see the post on the last page about the Nintendo direct OT they have going? It's absolutely hilarious.
I browse over there sometimes, and I am always surprised at how many bannings there are. This made me laugh

Anyhow, the reason I ask if your ban was permanent is that I have written a satire for Ree, but I cannot get an account. If you want to go out with a bang in 2 months... I’m your guy,

Resetera has reallllyy gone off the deep end in the past year. There is absolutely no discussion to be had there. If you don't agree with the hive mind you are toast. Don't even think about having a different opinion or perspective in any hot topic politically charged thread. Hell I got permabanned with no prior warnings or banning for saying a woman shouldn't be bodyslammed in the popeyes spicy chicken sandwhich thread. The real reason was because they despise my profession and wanted any excuse to ban me even though I was always very careful with how I used my words there to not offend any basment dwelling woke baby.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is USA approaching Anarchy?

Shantae

Banned

I saw this thread they posted, and I immediately thought that man, Terry Crews is awesome, and he's always been kinda awesome. I feel like I totally agree with what he's saying, because to me it sounds like he's saying blacks and whites need to work together. The mob mentality to me always does seem like people are just trying to elevate black people so that it becomes black supremacy. Terry Crews seems like he understands that. Instead of seeing anyone agreeing with him, we got assholes on era talking about how he needs to shut up.

Daffy Duck

I have literally no idea why that Reggie tweet winds the lunatics up so much?

Reading about ACAB (it’s something I’ve never really come across before {UK}) and it seems to say the police force as an institution and doesn’t reflect upon individual officers.

But then I wouldn’t expect them to be able to process this information and apply some actual thought.

I'm really thinking lunatics like Reeeesetera are giving Trump the new election. I would normally never vote Trump if I was American, but these idiots would be able to push me over the ledge.

Especially the idiots saying things like 'fuck all white people'. What a joke site.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Reading about ACAB (it’s something I’ve never really come across before {UK}) and it seems to say the police force as an institution and doesn’t reflect upon individual officers.

But then I wouldn’t expect them to be able to process this information and apply some actual thought.
They have form trying to tear down anyone who has darker skin and successful. This isn't restricted to the current race traitor bullshit.

Maybe if Reggie stayed within Nintendo he would be protected, but now in the big bad world he defended minority police officers who he has prior dealings with through Nintendo so All Reggies are Bastards apparently. It's either 0 or 100.

Only a Sith deal in absolutes

recma12

I only know the ACAB slogan in relation to football hooliganism and ANTIFA troublemakers.
Reasonable people don't use that term. Period.
I know the policeforces all over the world attract a ton of scumbags and some of them are fucking evil, do evil things.

I'd still take them any day of the week over the rioting, looting mobs that are on American streets atm

I'm actually very interested to see how this plays out. Minneapolis has pushed a lot of pretty far out, semi-experimental policy the last few years, and it's kind of cool that they're willing to guinea pig radical changes on actual citizens in a place I don't live. Like maybe it works out and other metros follow their example, but if it doesn't I don't live there so it's not my problem.

This dude deserves a medal!

Last edited:

600Breezy

Ymir

NOT A HIVEMIND 😂
LOL, another example of how moronic these people are. You whine republicans are all old people but it's youtube that caused the right wing ideologies? Rush limbaugh started as a youtube star? Alex Jones was one of the first youtube professionals? Do they really think conservative shows and radio didn't exist before now?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Is USA approaching Anarchy?
No. The news media is doing its best to hype these things up. The worst that will happen is underserved communities are being destroyed and have their police force reduced. The bigger businesses will swoop in and scoop up abandoned shops and invest in more private security. And thousands of idiots will spend the summer in jail

If you get a speeding ticket or other violation that results in a few they will never in a million years look the other way given how much revenue those bring in. In fact the more they defend police then the more police will have to find revenue. Maybe they just leave poor areas alone to be lawless zones and start cracking down on wealthier “allies”

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

NOT A HIVEMIND 😂
Das Twittër needs to be punished for the rise of the Nazi Party in the 1920s and 30s. Cancel @HerrJack until he releases a #hashtag that makes up my mind for me.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Think of the children! All these kids who stumbled on some conservative youtuber and it made sense to them! Oh my god, what will we do for these kids? Crowder is red pilling everyone! They should be following all those fun-loving not problematic people like the young turks!

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Last edited:

ACAB came from the UK "All coppers are bastards" say it in a London accent for full effect

Daffy Duck

ACAB came from the UK "All coppers are bastards" say it in a London accent for full effect

The bastard thing did confuse me as I never really though it a word that Americans would use for some reason, but thinking of Jason Statham saying it works perfectly. Still never heard of it before these protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom