• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's in the OP. He's taking this piss out of privileged white-people virtue signalling.

Nepthenthe than jumps in, goes on a rampage but not before Excelsiof gets their 2cents in.

*Neph who thinks every white person is a racist by birth but suddenly agrees now with a white man.

It's honestly just complete and utter nonsense.
Reading that felt like the end of each episode of Soap... except more far fetched.

Jubenhimer

As a recently perma-banned ResetEra member the place isn't as bad as you'd think from reading this thread. It's biggest flaws was the nihilism and hostility of many users. Any simple disagreement that got heated ended in reports and bans galore. Even still a large chunk of posters were terminally unhappy.
From my view, I will agree that there are some decent people on ResetERA (at least ones who are relatively sane). But I still feel like the site is crap for the most part. Like you said, even when you don't get banned, simply disagreeing with a narrative on any given thread will result in everyone dogpiling you saying you're wrong somehow, and usually never explain why.

nush

era in a nutshell

VNKLyin.png

Saruhashi

Banned
Truly is, was going to screen-cap it but there is just way too much going on.

Excelsiof vs. Nepenthe. A battle for the ages. They're sparring by trying to make the most pompous and wordy paragraphs possible.

Neph is getting beaten by Excel as Neph won't even dare ban them.

Why is that, Neph? :D

EDIT: Where it starts, I'll screen-cap later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

EDIT2: This is only a mild part, the thread is wild.

Ec7Cr9A.jpg

Its great and I can imagine it's exactly what Burr intended here.

Basically turning the intersectional bullshit on itself.

He even has a dig at Pride Month when he points out that the LGBTQ community was never enslaved etc. You can practically feel the audiences discomfort at that one.

I think Era already had a brush with something similar to this when they had some posters saying asexual people can't really claim to have had the same struggles as homosexual folks.

It does feel like a logical conclusion though. Do these white boys over there really think they can throw on a dress and now suddenly they not only aren't part of the problem but feel like as a "trans" they have climbed higher on the ladder compared to non-white people?

Also, LOL at those who agree that Black History Month should be moved because February "is a shitty month".

Hey we are dedicating an entire month to your culture and your history. Like a special month of stuff just for you and only you.

"Reeeeeeeeee! You gave us a cold month with only 28 days! Bastards!"

Now THAT is some sense of entitlement.

Haha. LGBTQ gets a lovely summer month and they weren't even enslaved for like a decent chunk if the nations history.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
that's a great set. it's funny though, you can tell the audience is holding back. they all have sticks up their asses.

I'd say if they are as "woke" as we are assuming then Bill is probably saying things they are already quietly thinking.

The ResetEra thread pretty much confirms it.

Hilariously they seem to think his bit on "cancel culture" us woeful while they are simultaneously looking for ways to cancel each other.

Ionian

Royalan, a gay black man, was forced to step down as an Era mod and post a groveling apology because he said that here several years ago.

He then went off the map but in typical ERA fashion came back to post on the site and nobody pays any attention to him anymore.

InDaGulag

My interactions with Nep were fine. She does not deserve the reputation she has outside ResetEra. I don’t know how she deals with folks like Excel. Posters who derail a thread with their own negativity and problems almost every time.

She’s doing exactly what the whole Bill Burr monologue is making fun of. A white women barging into a thing about POC and making it all about herself, then using claims of sexism as a shield from criticism.

I doubt Neph can get to her.

Also I’d just like to say just because a few trans people act weird, doesn’t mean all are bad. Most trans people are not represented by the few comments quoted here.

Ymir

My interactions with Nep were fine. She does not deserve the reputation she has outside ResetEra. I don’t know how she deals with folks like Excel. Posters who derail a thread with their own negativity and problems almost every time.

She’s doing exactly what the whole Bill Burr monologue is making fun of. A white women barging into a thing about POC and making it all about herself, then using claims of sexism as a shield from criticism.

Also I’d just like to say just because a few trans people act weird, doesn’t mean all are bad. Most trans people are not represented by the few comments quoted here.
Yeah, I mean she only supports the genocide of others but Nep is the true victim here.

Ionian

Good luck with finding a quote of someone even implying that here.

Aren't you the one that set up an account here to apologize to the mods there?

Everyone welcomed you, what is your agenda?

Just read the thread for Gods sake, ain't hard.

Saruhashi

Banned

I hope you don't think this is some kind of deep wisdom that most people here aren't already fully aware of.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that the craziest members of a group don't represent the entire group.

Uh... thanks for that insight, Captain Obvious.

Hang on... are you saying "NOT ALL"!?

Tut tut tut. I can see why they banned you.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
May be obvious to us but they love painting people with a broad brush.

I assume the vast majority of trans people just want to be left alone and it’s only a tiny fraction shoving agendas down our throats and rewriting the dictionaries.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

gSAChse.jpg

Apparently serious racist and sexist commentary.

Banned poster as they are unsure if something posted is offensive.

My interactions with Nep were fine. She does not deserve the reputation she has outside ResetEra.
She fucking does. She is an offensively racist midget furrie that stirs up hate.

I will admit she gets great deals on car loans.

Saruhashi

Banned
Good luck with finding a quote of someone even implying that here.

Aren't you the one that set up an account here to apologize to the mods there?

Everyone welcomed you, what is your agenda?

Just read the thread for Gods sake, ain't hard.

I think InDaGulag InDaGulag might actually be Alt-Right with all this "not all" rhetoric. :)

Pretty sure they got banned over there for post some other dubious right wing taking points.

"Guys, they are NOT ALL like this."

Hey now. We can't be having that kind of toxic worldview.

The saddest thing here is that InDaGulag InDaGulag is, absolutely 100% correctly, using the "not all" argument to defend a forum and a group that would mostly not hesitate at all to criticise and slam him/her/them for using the same "not all" arguments to defend, say, men or white women.

Think of how much of a fucked up mental knot that is.

Fuckin, not all-ception

There would be no shortage of people over there piling on to you for saying "not all" and yet you'd still use the "not all" argument to defend them. Brilliant. It's so pure. So naive.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member

If you are going to keep apologizing to resetera mods, and supporting ones that advocate killing white babies this isn't the site for you.

We actually have some trans folk on this site. The difference is the ones on Era are mostly LARPING to score internet points.

Ionian

I think InDaGulag InDaGulag might actually be Alt-Right with all this "not all" rhetoric. :)

Pretty sure they got banned over there for post some other dubious right wing taking points.

The saddest thing here is that InDaGulag InDaGulag is, absolutely 100% correctly, using the "not all" argument to defend a forum and a group that would mostly not hesitate at all to criticise and slam him/her/them for using the same "not all" arguments to defend, say, men or white women.

Fuckin, not all-ception

There would be no shortage of people over there piling on to you for saying "not all" and yet you'd still use the "not all" argument to defend them. Brilliant. It's so pure. So naive.

I think the perm may have been bad on them.

Fed and watered and a decent sleep may just revive them.

Saruhashi

Banned
This sort of attacks need to be encouraged.
It is a logical result from applying "critical theory".
It destroys this religious (when your theory is unfalsifiable, that is what it is) from inside.

Its wonderful isn't it?

Some of them are a bit behind the times. Maybe NPCs running and older version of the SJW OS. "Isn't he punching down on women."

Haha. "Punching Down" is like 2016s rhetoric.

It used to be "women can't be sexist" but the new version is "it's not sexist if it targets white women".

I think posters like Incelsiorlef see the writing on the wall. Hence trying to call out that Burr is using intersectiinality to play different groups off against each other. At the end of the day, while you can claim a different gender or a different sexuality to climb the ladder, you ain't changing your skin color or the fact you were born and raised white and a rich western nation.

I think this is very similar to what JK Rowling went through. Championing Feminism and going all in for Women's Spaces and whatnot until she noticed a bunch of suspiciously manly looking women lurking on the periphery. Too late though. Paper beats Rock and Trans beats Cis. You can see what's coming a mile away.

Hence the really pathetic "he's trying to turn us against each other".

No. He's taking your own arguments to their own logical conclusions. Being a "woman" doesn't erase your whiteness.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't agree with the bolded but I will say that this post by her was pretty coherent:

Which is why so many people here have been making fun of the BLM riots in fucking Portland, Oregon of all places. If these riots really were about BLM then why isn't Baltimore, Memphis, and Detroit having the biggest problems?

^Also this is a statement I think 100% of the people here would agree with and is a point of conversation brought up constantly. We consistently separate the crazies on Era from real life individuals going about their lives.

Tuff McNutt

My interactions with Nep were fine. She does not deserve the reputation she has outside ResetEra.

Uhhh... no. She's a racist. Just a week or two ago, she launched a huge rant at an Asian person and literally told them to fuck off. She's a shit poster, a terrible mod, and an even worse administrator.

He was absolutely right and it was sad to see a gay man bend the knee because of "acephobia". I have never met or even seen anyone give a flying fuck about people not wanting to have sex or relationships. Literally no one cares.

I know there are actual asexual people, but again it's Era posters glomming onto a word to define themselves. There's a difference between being asexual and being such a broken person that you can't get laid, and then looking for someone or something to blame. A couple of years ago, it was because dating apps were "unfair" to people who had plain looks/zero personality, now it's because the people that don't want to date them are "acephobic".

Last edited:

Ionian

I don't agree with the bolded but I will say that this post by her was pretty coherent:

Which is why so many people here have been making fun of the BLM riots in fucking Portland, Oregon of all places. If these riots really were about BLM then why isn't Baltimore, Memphis, and Detroit having the biggest problems?

^Also this is a statement I think 100% of the people here would agree with and is a point of conversation brought up constantly. We consistently separate the crazies on Era from real life individuals going about their lives.

It's undeniable that her post was fine.

However, looking at it from the perspective of the vile statements she has made negates it.

She did a 180 from hating white people to suddenly agreeing with one as it suited her.

She has posted some seriously wrong and 'problematic' statements in the past and is an admin.

Says it all.

Dav-Kripler

crossover episode

Fuckin, not all-ception

Anyone else getting a headache? 😵

Chuckie

hqdefault.jpg

She's the fucking worst.

No wait.... all those pathetic members that quote her and comment are the worst: "Bravo. If there was a hall of fame on Era, this post would make it. ".... "Just quoting to say you continue to be one of my favorite posters on this site. " and "love your posts. spot on as always 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 "

Some people over there can't fall on their knees fast enough to lick her boots.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned

nush nush I now completely understand why you were so pissed at me for defending Morrigan and ColdSun the way I was. Lmao

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Gold Member
hqdefault.jpg

She's the fucking worst.

No wait.... all those pathetic members that quote her and comment are the worst: "Bravo. If there was a hall of fame on Era, this post would make it. ".... "Just quoting to say you continue to be one of my favorite posters on this site. " and "love your posts. spot on as always 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 "

Some people over there can't fall on their knees fast enough to lick her boots.

I’ll second this, I was reading through that last thread posted here and the “Sorry I’m quoting you...” and “Just quoting to say your amazing” posts are cringe as hell.

Why are you sorry you are quoting? That person went on to brown tongue the shit out out of her arse, pretty sure she isn’t going to mind lol 🤷‍♂️

Misc

Ree outrage mobs every time things like this pop up:
It's like crack to these douchebags, need that fix of self-righteousness.
I don’t know, job conditions at cdpr look pretty crappy and I’m pretty sure no one would like to work like this. Sure, they are at least getting their overtime pay, but there is a serious problem of crunch in the industry that needs to be addressed.

I’ll still buy the game because I’m not an virtue signalling hypocrite and this issue cannot be solved on an individual level by simply “voting with your wallet”.

Saruhashi

Banned
I don’t know, job conditions at cdpr look pretty crappy and I’m pretty sure no one would like to work like this. Sure, they are at least getting their overtime pay, but there is a serious problem of crunch in the industry that needs to be addressed.

I’ll still buy the game because I’m not an virtue signalling hypocrite and this issue cannot be solved on an individual level by simply “voting with your wallet”.

The problem with crunch I think is just in the nature of projects like this.

Even after release on most games devs will still be working on fixes and issues etc.

You can't make it illegal to work more than 8 hours. Some people will actively want to work extra and will want their work to be perfect and so they'll work on regardless. Then, of course, when promotions etc are up those people will be top of the list.

Its the nature of making art and having deadlines.

I think if the company is engaging in illegal practices then for sure its a serious issue. If people are being paid fairly then that's probably OK.

It definitely seems like a difficult industry to work in. Though I think not as bad as many others that nobody really cares about.

Its a tough one because its difficult to be sure what's actually going on behind the scenes.

teezzy

Banned

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for great art. Take Werner Herzog's Fitzacarraldo, for instance.

"While working on the infamous film “Fitzcarraldo,” Herzog demanded that a real ship be pulled over a real mountain in the jungle (as the script called for), and refused to shoot the sequence in a studio with special effects. Fitzcarraldo, the protagonist of this film (played by Klaus Kinski), is driven by his love of music, concocting a grand plan that seems bound to fail: Building an opera house in the jungle, and thus bringing the power of Caruso, Verdi and Wagner to the ignorant natives. In order to raise money and construct his opera house, Fitzcarraldo takes a ship up a tributary and, with the help of a thousand natives, pulls this boat over a mountain and into a parallel river. Typically, enormous sea vessels are not meant to be dragged over mountains. Twentieth Century Fox was originally interested in producing the film, but they wanted Herzog to use a model boat and a model mountain — and Herzog, unsurprisingly, was unwilling to make such compromises.

The pre-production for the film took three years, what with building a boat and a camp that would house a thousand extras plus the crew. Plenty of injuries were incurred in the name of art: Herzog’s cinematographer, filming on board the steamboat, had his hand cut open (and it had to be stitched up without anesthesia). Another crew member was bitten by a venomous snake, and then cut off his own foot with a chainsaw in order to avoid cardiac arrest. But in the end, the boat made its way successfully over the mountain, and Herzog captured it all on film—challenging the basic laws of nature, and triumphing. "

sauce: https://www.indiewire.com/2015/09/1...ing-the-making-of-werner-herzogs-films-58559/

What Cyberpunk 2077 seems destined to become is a game which is going to be remembered for decades. Much like a Witcher 3, Resident Evil 4, Deus Ex, or an Ocarina of Time. Many people buying the game 'crunch' themselves all day at work, but they don't have the luxury of holding the position of being a game developer. Some dig ditches, install roofing, weld metals, or spend all day taking customer complaints via telephone. They want something like Cyberpunk to unwind after a hard day of work. If half these people had it their way, this game would turn into vaporware.

Imagine trying to talk your friend out of buying this game while the two of you are at Target or something, "Dude, don't you know that CDPR made the developers work overtime in a toxic environment, and CDPR has made transphobic tweets prior?! My sweet summer child!" He'd have the employee unlock the end cap case, and already be on his way to the car, abandoning you at the store, for being such a self-righteous cunt.

Their attitude is ludicrous. Jim Sterling whines about it because he gets ad revenue. These people whine about it because they have nothing better to do. Also why I post in this thread fwiw.

Dude... Stop. Just stop. They won't take you back just because u talk sweet about them here. Don't you have one ounce self respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom