• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

HU3uBlU.png

tenor.gif

nush

Surely reeera has the answers you seek

A big hugbox telling him he's amazing.

Not any useful advice like, you've done nothing but complain about that job for two years and been passed over for promotions before. Take the hint you're sabotaging your own chances of any promotion. Just because you turned up each day for two years does not put you ahead of someone with better skills and a better attitude and is more sociable than you.

He wants to go to HR to tell them how unfair it was that out of six applicants he didn't get the job and someone that had been there less time than him did.

It was just a professional and procedure driven thing to even give him an interview, and you just know he was negative and full of self doubt through the whole thing.

Take the multiple hints and look for a new job in January. Also fuck you, at least you've kept a job through Covid when many people have lost theirs.

Corrik

The worst part about that promotion thread was that the people told him it "sounds like it is in the bag" and so on stuff, when the most logical answer was that they were still deliberating or trying to not be the one to break the news to him that he didn't get it.

Got locked but it made me laugh, and so did the (very few) votes received.
Darn, that would have been a great opportunity to brand all three of them as "disgusting Republicans" for giving CDPR, THQ and JKR properties a platform. Of course it was locked; RE isn't ready to confront that elephant in the room....yet.

Dav-Kripler

I'm a foreigner in the country I live, but Era told me I can not be discriminated because I'm still white and cis. I'm not even gonna play the "look at me, I'm a victim too!" card, but most of the folks' experience with discrimination is all US-based and stuff they see on the Internet. While the core values remain, race and representation issues are nowhere near the same in the USA, Japan, Morocco, Italy, Russia, Cuba or Hungary. You can't apply a single brush to every place in the world.
You got the nail on the head 👌👏

Dav-Kripler

CP2077 is quite possibly the perfect target for them. The game is enough of a juggernaut that they can screech to their hearts' content and know they'll always have an "enemy".

Same reason there's not as much riding on the election as most think here. The positions they take will always leave them in a spot with something to rage against. Trump wins? You know how it goes. Biden wins? It's only because he's a moderate and they switch even more to the in-fighting playbook.

I expect their targets to continue to be larger in stature. They need the popularity to rage against. A small YouTube personality or a small indie title,etc won't give them the continuous rush they need. They'll burn out too fast as opposed to something like CP2077 or Rowling where it'll go on for ages.

Hell, if I were running Era, I'd make it a point to stoke the flames to keep those clicks coming.
Remember the promotion for Dead space 2? They should do that but instead of old ladies have era incels reacting

This game is one of the biggest, if not the biggest example that why you should not try to appeal to everyone.

CDPR appeals to transgenders and leftists, transgenders and leftists hate it because they always hate everything and don't even play games

CDPR appeals to gamerbros, they hate it cause it appeals to leftists as well

CDPR appeals to casuals, and reddit cry about handholding, too many cinematics and no challenge

CDPR appeals to reddit and casuals and journalist cry that the game is too hard and CDPR has to make it more handholding

s/

Yeah...about that....

jfH70rt.png

That reply will not go down well. "GENDER FREAKS"

Yeah, it won't. Then again I've always found it weird how such a strict anti-piracy policy was always set aside when it was time to celebrate for each Denuvo or other DRM getting cracked, with each one getting threads celebrating. Such threads clearly only put the illegal copies of the game under spotlight, and it's the sort of news that, for obvious reasons, isn't really mentioned on big gaming publications. Once again it's a joyful thread about a game getting pirated, with people going out of their way to congratulate the cracker in question. Certainly odd.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"dude it's so tone deaf that this cyberpunk thing is going to have brands and corporations in it!!!"

^ an illiterate idiot who has clearly never read a word of cyberpunk literature in his life

Last edited:
There are people in this country going back to school and starting new careers from scratch in their 50s and 60s. The absolute nerve of someone who is fucking 24 years old to say that their career will always be shit.

I hit the reset on my career at 35 if I can anyone can. What is disgusting is that at 24 I failed so much and was still successful enough to be thankful to have a roof over my head and food on the plate.

Tuff McNutt

Textbook sociopathic behavior, down to faking laughing to seem normal.

I hit the reset on my career at 35 if I can anyone can. What is disgusting is that at 24 I failed so much and was still successful enough to be thankful to have a roof over my head and food on the plate.

It comes down again, as has been pointed out in this thread, that just having a job does not entitle you to a nice apartment, a new car, all the latest games, etc. Most people in their 20s have a "struggle" period where they're living in a crappy studio apartment or with multiple roommates, eating ramen every night, having to take the bus to work, etc. It actually builds drive and character, but it takes discipline and work to move up, and many REEE posters are entitled man-babies and would just rather blame their parents/Trump/big business/whatever the boogeyman of the day is.

Last edited:

frostyxc

Did we find out why Zoe Saldana was problematic? :lollipop_confounded:
I mean, I personally find it problematic that she's not married to me. The nerve!

giphy.gif

Why would a rumour even start that she was trans lol
Because someone that talented with hacking and cracking can't be a biological woman; it has to be a brave trans individual! It must be so! I think we call that misogyny...

Oh wait, Empress is a transphobe for daring not to be a brave, mentally ill man in a dress, so the misogyny is erased. Carry on!

Dav-Kripler

It comes down again, as has been pointed out in this thread, that just having a job does not entitle you to a nice apartment, a new car, all the latest games, etc. Most people in their 20s have a "struggle" period where they're living in a crappy studio apartment or with multiple roommates, eating ramen every night, having to take the bus to work, etc. It actually builds drive and character, but it takes discipline and work to move up, and many REEE posters are entitled man-babies and would just rather blame their parents/Trump/big business/whatever the boogeyman of the day is.
I can't even remember my 20s, I'm just grateful that I wasn't waging embarrassing crusades on social media or I would not be able to look my kids in the eye. Videogames are still cool, right?

cormack12

Gold Member

It's actually worse to be settled and then have a rough patch. I had a job and steady income but hid a bad rut of credit card debt, banned from driving and a build of negative equity. Lasted abuot 2 years and had a 4 mile round trip to and from work walking. Was a shock to the system. Knuckled down and eventually came through the other side

apowhungo

ive been a resetera member up until this week, the cyberpunk drama really opened my eyes, i shoulda seen the light earlier after being temp banned ~4 times.

they literally suggested that everyone who post about cyberpunk make a statement on the trans controversy or be banned... that was an actual idea. they settled on muting the OT on a trans pride day, and just picked the day after the game comes out on a whim despite the official day being in march. i'm very down with lgtbq rights and i get that gaming can be a super toxic place for a lot of people, but this is how you lose your support. you'd think the game was wholly about trans issues if you took these people at face value.

anyway glad to be back!

ive been a resetera member up until this week, the cyberpunk drama really opened my eyes, i shoulda seen the light earlier after being temp banned ~4 times.

they literally suggested that everyone who post about cyberpunk make a statement on the trans controversy or be banned... that was an actual idea. they settled on muting the OT on a trans pride day, and just picked the day after the game comes out on a whim despite the official day being in march. i'm very down with lgtbq rights and i get that gaming can be a super toxic place for a lot of people, but this is how you lose your support. you'd think the game was wholly about trans issues if you took these people at face value.

anyway glad to be back!
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom