• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Welcome to Biden's America. The USA is about to become hell on earth.

iRU8cpZ.png

Ionian

iRU8cpZ.png

Well that clown missed this year. Plenty of parades all over the globe.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

iRU8cpZ.png
I wanted Trump to win to protest some free Nikes. :(

JordanN

Banned
:messenger_confused:

lfm9A3K.png

Man, even next gen consoles are politicized to death. Looks like PC Gaming is the only way to avoid this stuff going forward.

Edit: And every example he uses is black. What happened to Native Americans, Jews, Japanese, Arabs etc? They don't count?

Last edited:

Astral Dog

lfm9A3K.png

Man, even next gen consoles are politicized to death. Looks like PC Gaming is the only way to avoid this stuff going forward.

Edit: And every example he uses is black. What happened to Native Americans, Jews, Japanese, Arabs etc? They don't count?
Nothing wrong with that imo, let them have this one (unless there is some gem in the comments 🤭)

JordanN

Banned
SJW's are never going to be satisfied. That has always been the reason why these diversity pushes keep failing.

And game publishers are dumb enough to fall for it ever time. When something goes wrong, this is how they respond:
"We weren't diverse enough! We have to do better!" "We weren't diverse enough! We have to do better!" "We weren't diverse enough! We have to do better!"

It's just so tiring for what's suppose to be just a gaming machine...

A few years ago, I remember when even the number of men on stage for e3 was considered a problem. Like, what does all this shit have to do with gaming and why are they spending so much money to "correct" it?

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Seriously thats kind of shitty, not even a one sentence explanation? Transphobic rhetoric or something like that
Their reason was "Troll account" (it wasn't, never posted a single insincere comment), "abusing the report system" (I didn't, I only reported posts that clearly violated their rules, like people wishing for Trump's covid death) and "prior bans for concern trolling" (factually incorrect, because I was once banned for two weeks for concern trolling, which itself was already a misjudgement on the mod's part). Read: a whole lot of nothing. But if you report someone who clearly violates their TOS, you get a permaban, lol. It's such a cesspool. I never cared for the site much, but at this point, I feel like actively wanting to bring them down. It's ironic that in their quest for freedom and acceptance for everybody, the only thing they really achieve is cancelling people and making enemies along the way.

Chuckie

Here’s a statue celebrating a woman.

Era: whoa whoa, why hasn’t she got a dick?

I thought you were joking....

Then I read this:
Am I just overthinking it (it's UK, after all) or that tribute statue seems to exclude pre-op and non-op trans women?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Mary Wollstonecraft would definitely have been a TERF. They should probably rip it down next week.
The statue isn't even of her, it's dedicated to her. How more insulting to her can you get?

EDIT: It stinks of the Marge Simpson statue.

Last edited:

iRU8cpZ.png
No meaningful change in government or society has ever happened with people sitting on their asses preaching peace from their armchairs. Look at Beirut, corruption and apathy had caused a ginormous explosion with many lives and livelyhoods lost. Did people sit on their asses? No, they protested and rioted. I don't condone looting but in the grand scheme of things, most chain stores are covered for damage incurred through insurance. Who cares if some Nikés were stolen. People lash out when they are frustrated and the have-nots steal from the haves. A single stolen Niké isn't going compesensate for a lifelong time of (economic) inequality and discrimination.

lmimmfn

No meaningful change in government or society has ever happened with people sitting on their asses preaching peace from their armchairs. Look at Beirut, corruption and apathy had caused a ginormous explosion with many lives and livelyhoods lost. Did people sit on their asses? No, they protested and rioted. I don't condone looting but in the grand scheme of things, most chain stores are covered for damage incurred through insurance. Who cares if some Nikés were stolen. People lash out when they are frustrated and the have-nots steal from the haves. A single stolen Niké isn't going compesensate for a lifelong time of (economic) inequality and discrimination.
If enough people take to the streets in peaceful protests then the government will take notice because they're the voters and government wont get a second term and also impacts local elections etc.
I don't see the need to trash the place to show anger. While stores are covered by insurance, the insurance companies will jack up the cost to cover increased claims, and its average Joe on the street paying for those via increased price to cover insurance increases.

If enough people take to the streets in peaceful protests then the government will take notice because they're the voters and government wont get a second term and also impacts local elections etc.
I don't see the need to trash the place to show anger. While stores are covered by insurance, the insurance companies will jack up the cost to cover increased claims, and its average Joe on the street paying for those via increased price to cover insurance increases.
Like anyone should give a shit about stores having to pay higher insurance fees? Most of them employ some form of child labor overseas or exploit factory workers, I really couldn't give a rat's ass about big chain corporations getting their shit demolished. The Average Joe can just as easily boycott products that are jacked up in price.

If anything this pandemic showed us who is essential and who we can get rid of. We should do more for our doctors and nurses, health care workers, cooks, postal workers, cleaners, supermarkets and food markets and get rid of the gucci/nike/adidas stores, gun stores, bars and liquor stores etc. You have no idea what the income inequality in the U.S. is like.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Like anyone should give a shit about stores having to pay higher insurance fees? Most of them employ some form of child labor overseas or exploit factory workers, I really couldn't give a rat's ass about big chain corporations getting their shit demolished. The Average Joe can just as easily boycott products that are jacked up in price.

If anything this pandemic showed us who is essential and who we can get rid of. We should do more for our doctors and nurses, health care workers, cooks, postal workers, cleaners, supermarkets and food markets and get rid of the gucci/nike/adidas stores, gun stores, bars and liquor stores etc. You have no idea what the income inequality in the U.S. is like.

Take it to the politics forum.

Ymir

lfm9A3K.png

Of course Naomi is only black to them. She's a japanese woman who is working with a japanese company and who has always represented Japan in world events but to them she's just a black woman. Again, these are the progressive people on race.

JSoup

Banned

You're thinking way too big there. Or perhaps not big enough. Insurance fees going up by a significant amount means that cost is offset on store prices. Sure, to the average joe, a price hike in a Nike store means nothing. But a price hike in a Target and CBS means everything from bottled water to grandma's medication just jumped. The effect of the income inequality gets worse with little recourse. There is no winning here, just losing a little faster.

Edit: ERRR, yes, to the politics forum. Let's move this talk there.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
yes yes, now I should have to boycott brands I like because you have a shit life.

Fuck that, arrest the lawbreaking shitheads.

lmimmfn

Why does a statue of a woman not have a penis and why does it look attractive, excluding all non-attractive penis equipped trans women?

REEEEEEE
The statue should be a basement dwelling fat person with blue and red hair and both penis & vagina and moobs.
Because thats feminism today according to REEEE

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Here’s a statue celebrating a woman.

Era: whoa whoa, why hasn’t she got a dick?

Tv7BlZO.jpg

He's right, this statue does exclude most women. They need a statue of a woman in chains, crying and holding a receipt to symbolise Messofanego's parents buying him a wife.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Definitely not extremely right wing, LOL. Not even close.

No, that's why the politics forum is having a fit after trump took the L and it's being spammed by electoral fraud conspiracies, including signal boosting liberal journalists like Hannity.

Hell, we even had a poster open a thread phantasizing about an eventual congressional vote for president if trump's legal challenges succeed in delaying certification.

It's interesting that the ideology polls that get used as cover for the forum show a diversity of ideas but the in the day to day it's all a righty chorus. And hey, nothing wrong with being conservative, or liberal, or whatever. But the facade that our politics subforum is not right wing only works on people who haven't visited it.

lmimmfn

No, that's why the politics forum is having a fit after trump took the L and it's being spammed by electoral fraud conspiracies, including signal boosting liberal journalists like Hannity.

Hell, we even had a poster open a thread phantasizing about an eventual congressional vote for president if trump's legal challenges succeed in delaying certification.

It's interesting that the ideology polls that get used as cover for the forum show a diversity of ideas but the in the day to day it's all a righty chorus. And hey, nothing wrong with being conservative, or liberal, or whatever. But the facade that our politics subforum is not right wing only works on people who haven't visited it.
Theres people who give a shit.
Theres people who dont give a shit.
Unlike REEEE the politics and nonsense is kept in its own area, it doesnt shit all over the forum!

Keep it there.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

come spar with us, it's fun

pressure relief valves are a thing, especially after 4 years of batshit conspiracy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom