• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimx26

Straight from the horse's ass:

FXLThSZ.jpg
Fuck me, that’s disgusting. Mis gendering in a report? Scraping the barrel there.

Ymir

picking the wrong animal crossing hair is racist

hX5MPKQ.jpg
LOL, is it required by law that your created character has to be an identical copy of yourself? When I play dark souls I don't view the character creator as a "reflection of myself".

It's amazing that we're so far through the looking glass that not having character options are racist but also having character options are racist.

They really want their woke points

Ymir

Lol found a redmercury alt

lhplGqV.png

"That's just silly! Can I ask why you think that??????"

Edit: Wow, mods are agreeing it's a microaggression and should be taught in schools. Choosing the "wrong" haircut in animal crossing should be taught in schools

q3FC5yU.png

How do we separate the trolls from the crazy people with posts like this?

Last edited:

TVexperto

I've never seen a popular message board allow certain members to actively bridgade and talk about brigading other members on the site.
marzoo told me she contacted the admins twice and didnt hear anything back.

can you fucking believe she got banned after being baited and called shitty names and then she gets banned because she used the wrong gender? dude apparently changed his gender shortly before that

Ymir

marzoo told me she contacted the admins twice and didnt hear anything back.

can you fucking believe she got banned after being baited and called shitty names and then she gets banned because she used the wrong gender? dude apparently changed his gender shortly before that
To be fair, they've shown countless times on that site that they hate biological women so not surprising the found a bullshit excuse to ban her like they have the other female members.

So crunching and working on a game more than other devs helped shape TLOU2 into a game with incredible high metacritic, a game that is winning awards and made a ton of money? What the fuck!?
And sure, crunching sucks. But studios that work more on their product will usually deliver a better experience in the end imo, something that can even shape the whole generation.

I should be sad. I should be mad. But I´m not. It's like I'm waiting to tell the owners "I Told You So!"

Yes! That will teach those corporate overlords that all the decisions are bad and you posting "I told you so" on an internet message board will right that ship. Congrats, I see promotion in Colo-Colo's near future.

worst part is, that I'm sure that if we are relegated, we are going to spend YEARS in the second tier league. I don´t expect a quick comeback

Well fuck, what is the point then. It almost seems futile, like being a fan of a team in the NFC East or Penn State. Suicide thread incoming? :messenger_8ball:

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Edit: Wow, mods are agreeing it's a microaggression and should be taught in schools. Choosing the "wrong" haircut in animal crossing should be taught in schools

q3FC5yU.png

Thats awesome.

Why would anyone in their right mind give a damn what someone else calls a particular hairstyle?

Haha. Do we have some official list of hairstyles and their names? Fucksakes.

It really highlights how petty and weird social media can really be. Getting "called out" because you used the wrong name for a fucking hairdo.

Then you've got these clowns backing it up like "actually it's insensitive to call a hairstyle by the wrong name".

What cracks me up is they were all on board with calling out "gamers"when a few morons sent out some nasty messages. You'd think they'd be front and center when someone is being harassed for not using the demanded name for a hairstyle. Instead they kind of actually agree with it.

Its a hairstyle FFS. Hahahaha.

graywolf323

Lol found a redmercury alt

lhplGqV.png

"That's just silly! Can I ask why you think that??????"

q3FC5yU.png

I'm white and have naturally curly hair that will very much turn into an afro if I let it grow out

so if I give my Animal Crossing character an afro to reflect what my own hair can do is that racist just because they're going to assume the most insane reasoning if they don't know me? *face palm*

MrFunSocks

Banned
So crunching and working on a game more than other devs helped shape TLOU2 into a game with incredible high metacritic, a game that is winning awards and made a ton of money? What the fuck!?
And sure, crunching sucks. But studios that work more on their product will usually deliver a better experience in the end imo, something that can even shape the whole generation.
Pretty sure there were some sexual harassment allegations thrown around a while back that ND and Sony swept under the rug.

Quick search gives this one at least: Naughty Dog Responds To Sexual Harassment Allegations - GameSpot

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

The gaming community as a whole are a bunch of bitches anymore, at least that chunk of it.
Crunch sucks, yeah but it is part of having a job. Those people counting ballots I am sure hated those 16 hour nights late into morning. I am sure the people at stores who work doubles because other people call in hate it or they are pushing a deadline. It is part of the real world and not the internet fucking pansy assed safe place look at me I am a fairy fucking eggshell princess with my fucking animu pillow and my neck beard.
Those same people who are weeping into their anti depressants and warm milk are the same cunts who whine and bitch if a game is delayed or they do not get a trailer as early as they want or if they have to pay more for a game.
It is fucking tedious.
Good on ND for winning, they created a true amazing experience that surpassed the medium.

Dorohedoro

My favorite part is where he makes the disclaimer that he will apologize if he offends others while putting himself down.
Sad! But par for the course in Ree Asylum. Dude's probably apologized for being the scourge of humanity white before too lmao.

Holy fuck at a hairstyle belonging exclusively to a race. Fuck, I bet in the future black people can only wear this or that brand, and while people can only wear others. That forum must be the dumbest place I've seen in my entire life.

They are starting to become the Karen that make fun of. I have to stop reading Era, it really takes away some IQ points. Holy fucking christ.

VN1X

Banned

KiFn289.jpg

fEKoXL0.jpg
Imagine being this much of an NPC, holy fuck.

EDIT: Ah makes sense when you have people in government who spout this shit

We truly live in the end times don't we? People arguing with each other over a fuckin' hair style in a videogame and those in power advocating for Gestapo-type practices for daring to have the family 'round for a holiday. Wat.

Last edited:

notseqi

Luckily the crazies over at Era and their real life counterparts didn't invent that phrase so we're gucci. But I can call them "sheep" if I have triggered you in some way. :lollipop_hushed:
I'm not triggered but I purposely try to avoid those kind of discussions, I hope you weren't fishing for one, at least not here.

Turnstyle

picking the wrong animal crossing hair is racist

hX5MPKQ.jpg

Imagine meeting this person at a party and asking them what they do for fun.

'Well, I like to go on the internet and accuse people of being racist for choosing the wrong hairstyle in a child's video game. Can I just check your phone real quick? Want to make sure you haven't been using an emoji with a darker skin tone than your own, that would be a big YIKES from me.'

Of course I'm being ridiculous, this person
isn't getting invited to parties.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
So why are they pissed about this?
You're not seeing the bigger picture.

Naughty Dog created The Last of Us Franchise.
In Part II it has a trans character Lev.
Lev is knocked the fuck out by Fat Geralt (hate crime even though Fat Geralt didn't know about Lev's gender)...who is introduced into video games by CDPR.
CDPR are transphobic, and it's also transphobic to query how they are.
Therefore Naughty Dog are transphobic.

WarrenD

tHm3Yse.png

WIjISgZ.jpg

Pattern recognition and hand eye coordination is an impossibility for Reee’ers.

Well I am simply shocked
8qsedvh.png
To be fair I’m similar. I suck at the games (although will be buying it when my PS5 finally arrives) but you know, they’re just not for me. I don’t bitch about accessibility, I don’t complain I’m not included, I just accept not every fucking thing on this planet has to cater for me and get on with my life.

Saruhashi

Banned
tHm3Yse.png

WIjISgZ.jpg

Pattern recognition and hand eye coordination is an impossibility for Reee’ers.

Well I am simply shocked
8qsedvh.png

Almost every other form of art and entertainment can be divided up into genres.

Almost every person who engages with those has genres that they love and genres that they hate and everything in between.

For some reason people think videogames should be different and somehow every game should be perfect for everyone.

Unless you don't like violence. WTF, are you Jack Thompson?

Considering that Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro accounts for like 6 videogames spread across 11 years making a point about not liking them is like going to a movie forum and being like "you know I just really don't like Czechoslovakian animated films from the 1950s to 1980s".

OK so you don't like one tiny genre of gaming. Play something else.

"Everyone on my social is talking about them though! I feel excluded! Waaaaa!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom