• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFTSzTA.png
This might be the most insufferable human being on the planet.

JordanN

Banned
Someone just dropped a tidbit on IQ.

dWZXRCx.png

Is this the only time SJW's care about science?

I mean i'm american and its always been just take a swing and a miss but I guess I am from a different generation being in my early 30's

Also pitchforks are out

IqxOtsV.jpg

This is most ‘check in on Facebook at the hospital’ then proceed to say ‘I’ll dm you’ when asked for details I’ve seen outside the platform; some people are just attention seeking douches.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A portion of the autistic community has been trying to rebrand autism away from being a disorder to instead use words like "neurodivergent". Problem is that they now have a propensity to get angry at anyone implying that autism is a disorder. Some people with autism would rather be "neurotypical", are they just going to silence them? I get that autistic people can bring a different perspective and can do some amazing things contributing to mankind with advances to the sciences, math, and humanities (I'm not talking about the superhuman stereotype seen on TV/Movie). But there are low functioning people as well. For many it is a disability. It's like this a rebranding to get rid of any self perceived shame. "There isn't ANYTHING wrong with us".

They are acting like people advocating for a cure want to "kill" people with autism. Something something "Erasure".

Have to say it sucks that my thread was deleted and posts put in here. It's not about Resetera, but Chucklefish, a game dev, being attacked by.the mob on Twitter, supported by Resetera. This deserved a thread. Oh well ... :/

Anyways, Chucklefish bowed to the crazies and apologized. Don't think I'll support Chucklefish going forward. I'm just sick of developers encouring the toxic behavior of the mob.

Nickolaidas

Have to say it sucks that my thread was deleted and posts put in here. It's not about Resetera, but Chucklefish, a game dev, being attacked by.the mob on Twitter, supported by Resetera. This deserved a thread. Oh well ... :/

Anyways, Chucklefish bowed to the crazies and apologized. Don't think I'll support Chucklefish going forward. I'm just sick of developers encouring the toxic behavior of the mob.

… I was wondering why my posts got a response in *this* particular thread.

benjipwns

Banned
A portion of the autistic community has been trying to rebrand autism away from being a disorder to instead use words like "neurodivergent". Problem is that they now have a propensity to get angry at anyone implying that autism is a disorder. Some people with autism would rather be "neurotypical", are they just going to silence them?
I have already seen the future:
pYlCSTG.png

Jooxed

Gold Member

I mean I did tell you that the way you framed your thread just seemed like Resetera drama and nothing to do with Chucklefish man, Next time construct your post more carefully I would say. I guess the Mod's thought It should be here also

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Aww the developer actually replied to this small and pathetic group of people? That only makes the sjw think their opinions matter.

On to the next outrage resetera! Your work here is done!

Also, I bet the feistyboots dude is a gaf member that is trolling us. No person can be that terrible.

chris121580

This is why I got banned. Site is such a joke:

Chris1215 (22450362)
GamingThread Mordau devs official response after PC Gamer interview
Reason User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing Racism and a History of Dismissive Behavior in Threads on Race
Believe it or not, there are more important things in my life than worrying about a developer handling an interview poorly and being a small team that is overwhelmed by a toxic community. Why should I allow that to impact my enjoyment of the game? Many people are able to separate the art from the artist but I also still don't believe these developers are some sort of woman-hating nazis. A small team can only do so much to control the toxicity of their community and as many others have said, a majority of multiplayer games have toxic communities. This game/team just appears to be the pick of the week because of a poorly handled interview

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Generally if it's about how ResetERA is behaving, it goes here. Keeps the boards much cleaner, too, I've noticed.

Kev Kev

I can start a community thread for you over here if you like. I’m overdue for some sobriety
dude thatd be great! especially with the first of the year coming up i'm sure a lot of people will want some support. i don't think i'll be able to make topics here for a while?? tag me in it or send me a message if you get around to making it. thanks!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feisty Boots: "I'm autistic. Yes, I know the difference. Advocating that we cure something that isn't a disease is fucked up. "

I have OCD

CURE ME THE FUCK UP

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Someone just dropped a tidbit on IQ.

dWZXRCx.png

Is this the only time SJW's care about science?
Surprised the user hasn't been banned yet.

His saving grace might have been the "I have a son with ASD" so the mods are reluctant. Now if he said his kids are normal, he's probably be banned by now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Feisty Boots: "I'm autistic. Yes, I know the difference. Advocating that we cure something that isn't a disease is fucked up. "

I have OCD

CURE ME THE FUCK UP
I only see the funny content people post here about Feisty Boots. So I don't know his full posting trend. And all his posts are extreme and controversial.

He might be a total troll in disguise purposely trying to make Reeeee more combative????????

I recall reading articles eons ago regarding the blind and deaf community striking back against advances in ways to treat those disabilities. They had formed a culture around their disability to the point they did not see it as one.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Some people with autism would rather be "neurotypical", are they just going to silence them?

Yes. You see the exact same phenomena in every other identity community for people who don't fall in line with the dogma of the loudest idiots.

I recall reading articles eons ago regarding the blind and deaf community striking back against advances in ways to treat those disabilities. They had formed a culture around their disability to the point they did not see it as one.

You see it in every group, really. It's the desire to lash out at the idea that anything might not be 'normal'. I get the desire, but it's just not realistic in any sense if you want to have any semblance of society.

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I will bet every dollar I have that the usual group trying to promote "the normal way of life" are full of White liberals.

benjipwns

Banned
43 year old FeistyBoots doctor shopped to get their ASD diagnoses:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/autistic-era-ot-slippin-on-by-on-asd.13734/post-20447093
FeistyBoots said:
Hey all, just wanted to give an update - after having my suspicions dismissed by my therapist, psychologist and psychiatrist I went outside my insurance provider to get assessed for ASD using the ADOS and a series of interviews.

I got the results yesterday - I am indeed autistic.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/autistic-era-ot-slippin-on-by-on-asd.13734/post-24438969
FeistyBoots said:
So an update from me - yesterday I severed ties with the therapist who refused to accept my ASD1 diagnosis and was looking for any excuse to dismiss the work of the licensed psychologist with a PhD in the field and 20 years' experience working with autistic people. Not about to pay for the privilege of being gaslit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I believe that poster claims to work at Blizzard on Overwatch, but I honestly have to doubt the veracity of the claim... I'd definitely be surprised.

NickFire

Sometimes people say something that sheds some light on something else. Sometimes people say something that really just takes the shade off a light that everyone saw but did not think should be discussed.

They...they are all diagnosing each other with autism..

Serious talk here for a moment, but to me, on a relatively deep view, a LARGE portion of the "prominent members" seem to claim to have Autism or some other mental disorder. Why is that? How did they all find each other? I know, maybe a couple people in real life with it, but if you look at ResetEra, you'd think 50-75% of the population is "neuroatypical". What the heck?

benjipwns

Banned
I believe that poster claims to work at Blizzard on Overwatch, but I honestly have to doubt the veracity of the claim... I'd definitely be surprised.
He/She/It/They are truly a walking tribute to Reeeesetera. Is that the one with the laundry list of "character attributes" or afflictions they wear like a badge of honor?
Yes, they also "nearly failed out of 3rd grade" and Ketkat is the one who helped them realize this year at age 43 that they're actually trans-non-binary-demi-lesbian or whatever:
HAetAMp.png

Though I guess the "amazing therapy" wasn't that great since they had to dump their therapist, psychologist and psychiatrist for gaslighting them about their autism diagnosis.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Serious talk here for a moment, but to me, on a relatively deep view, a LARGE portion of the "prominent members" seem to claim to have Autism or some other mental disorder. Why is that? How did they all find each other? I know, maybe a couple people in real life with it, but if you look at ResetEra, you'd think 50-75% of the population is "neuroatypical". What the heck?

I mean, when you purposefully create a deranged environment that expels normal and reasonable people who refuse to just eat up their twisted view of reality, you really only allow for one kind of person to thrive.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean, when you purposefully create a deranged environment that expels normal and reasonable people who refuse to just eat up their twisted view of reality, you really only allow for one kind of person to thrive.

That and creating an environment that praises victimization. Hence, everyone wants to have a disability or axe to grind of some sort, so they can climb the ladder.

It’s really sick stuff, imo.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That and creating an environment that praises victimization. Hence, everyone wants to have a disability or axe to grind of some sort, so they can climb the ladder.

It’s really sick stuff, imo.

Grievance culture. I can see why the idea that every single one of your problems is actually someone else's fault is appealing when you've got little positive going in your life. It's sad that this just becomes a self reinforcing cycle and only makes people more and more bitter, angry at the world, and unwilling to try to do anything on their own to better their situation than lash out at others.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes, they also "nearly failed out of 3rd grade" and Ketkat is the one who helped them realize this year at age 43 that they're actually trans-non-binary-demi-lesbian or whatever:
HAetAMp.png

Though I guess the "amazing therapy" wasn't that great since they had to dump their therapist, psychologist and psychiatrist for gaslighting them about their autism diagnosis.
The guy sounds like every parent's dream kid.

You'd think this guy would post his life story on WebMD or a Dr. Phil forum.

Who knew acting like an ass on a video game board would be his life's calling.

So, uh, if what I just heard is accurate, not only is FeistyBoots a troll, but he (yes he identifies as male) is not the only one with some degree of visibility.

I have a friend in the TransEra discord that is aware of 4 other posters excluding Feisty in there that are total trolls, 2 of which are high profile posters. Out of all 5 of these alleged trolls, only 1 is actually trans/nb, and she's apparently the biggest edgelord of them all.

FeistyBoots is the only name I've been given since my friend wants to see how far the others can take it and she thinks he's laying it on way too thick and is probably going to get exposed soon anyway. And no, I'm not going to name my friend either since she actually does like it in there even if she acknowledges it gets heavy handed at times.

Of course she could also be totally fucking with me here. Wouldn't be the first time. I asked her if I could post it here and she said yeah since it would be funny (I know you're reading this, lol). I guess we'll see what happens and if they ever get exposed.

Edit: And to clarify, the friend in question is not an Era troll and barely posts as it is. If anything, she's neutral in all this and just finds it funny whenever a big drama flares up.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So, uh, if what I just heard is accurate, not only is FeistyBoots a troll, but he (yes he identifies as male) is not the only one with some degree of visibility.

I have a friend in the TransEra discord that is aware of 4 other posters excluding Feisty in there that are total trolls, 2 of which are high profile posters. Out of all 5 of these alleged trolls, only 1 is actually trans/nb, and she's apparently the biggest edgelord of them all.

FeistyBoots is the only name I've been given since my friend wants to see how far the others can take it and she thinks he's laying it on way too thick and is probably going to get exposed soon anyway. And no, I'm not going to name my friend either since she actually does like it in there even if she acknowledges it gets heavy handed at times.

Of course she could also be totally fucking with me here. Wouldn't be the first time. I asked her if I could post it here and she said yeah since it would be funny (I know you're reading this, lol). I guess we'll see what happens and if they ever get exposed.

Edit: And to clarify, the friend in question is not an Era troll and barely posts as it is. If anything, she's neutral in all this and just finds it funny whenever a big drama flares up.
Wouldn't surprise me at major trolls.

It's hard to believe some of this stuff (as you said too thick). Then again, anything is possible with SJW-ish weirdos.

I'm hoping none of them get exposed and keep posting because it's hilarious material.

Tell your friend, it's a job well done.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

GymWolf

That's intellectual consistency by supporting your argument with relevant examples, not "whataboutism."
the funny things is that other guys had posted examples like nadine in unchy4 being voiced by a white woman and no one said nothing...

maybe their crazy love for manchildo ren makes any examples with darth vader ban worthy?! 😆

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
muahahahahahaha they banned me for this post
The two posts below yours take the cake, I gotta say:

VRujSqJ.png

How many months ago did GAFers predict that ERA's Gaming side would be an eventual target?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Geez that Wargroove thread has gotten absurd:

YkJPMOI.png

jtZbTdb.png

And the glorious threadmark halfway through (linked below). Chucklefish offers a clarification and apologizes to anyone who was offended by the way they chose to communicate something about their own videogame.

If you need another example of why to never, ever apologize or even respond to these screechers, there you go. Perfectly reasonable response. Wargroove devs deliberately put two separate checks in place to separate themselves from making a biased choice about the voice actors, but that isn't good enough.

Never, ever apologize to these zealots. Ever. Because remember...

OaM9B3Y.png

...NPCs like this on a "gaming forum" think they have the moral authority to tell you who the "right" hire for your business is.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
In best 'it's never enough' manner, industry cancer Patrick Klepek wrote a hitpiece after Chucklefish apologized, complaining about their apology.

Well done giving in to these people, Chucklefish 🤦‍♀️🐧
It's insane. I don't know why ERA is stirring things up yet again.

I really, really want them to last 'til the 2020 election / new console launches for the entertainment factor, but they're going off the rails too fast.

That chucklefish thread is the most entertaining ERA thread I've read in months.

2014: GamerGate is just paranoid manbabies trying to keep women out of gaming. No one is trying to force anything in gaming. We just want all representations to be included.

2016: Comicsgate is just paranoid manbabies trying to keep women out of gaming. No one is trying to force anything into comics. We just want all representations to be included.

2017: TheLastJedigate is just paranoid manbabies trying to keep women out of the Star Wars franchise. No one is trying to force-is-female anything into Star Wars . We just want all representations to be included.

Early 2019: Captainmarvelgate is just paranoid manbabies trying to keep women out of big-budget superhero movies. No one is trying to force anything into a long-running series. We just want all representations to be included.

Today:
n9zn1zp.png

This one goes into JordanN JordanN 's folder.

Mihos

Gold Member
The guy sounds like every parent's dream kid.

You'd think this guy would post his life story on WebMD or a Dr. Phil forum.

Who knew acting like an ass on a video game board would be his life's calling.

But now after all that, it isn't a disease and doesn't need to be cured.

I …. just... umm.... I'm going to go play some video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom