• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer your post, the higher your odds on getting banned. The more words you put down, the higher the odds someone there will find a word they don't like and report you.

I always wondered why it’s mostly short replies in every thread and not much fluid discussion through the course of any given thread over there. Thought I was just doing something wrong.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I always wondered why it’s mostly short replies in every thread and not much fluid discussion through the course of any given thread over there. Thought I was just doing something wrong.
A combination of people being afraid of saying too much and the most interesting and constructive posters getting frequently banned.

Last edited:
The longer your post, the higher your odds on getting banned. The more words you put down, the higher the odds someone there will find a word they don't like and report you.

The longer you stay in the jungle, the more likely it is you're getting eaten by something. Now just imagine the kind of person you have to be to unironically report people like that. You don't do it for fun, you do it because you think it's right. What kind of life do you have to live to get there?

0CEoqk9.jpg

I predict a RIP Frester thread in April.

nush

0CEoqk9.jpg

5Wyy84n.png

You've got bellends like this. "Hey my old retired inlaws who probably sit at home all day watching TV and playing cards. Do you think I'm doing them a favor by putting them in a crowded airport then in a metal tube with lots of people for 12 plus hours?" Be a white saviour dude, I'm sure your Chinese wife will forgive you for killing her parents becuse you think you knew better. Also, you know he's not considered the visa process.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
0CEoqk9.jpg

It should be illegal to be this retarded.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Uh oh.. Science is showing that it's effective to stop and talk and listen to people you disagree with.. Do we think Reeee can accept that?

You can tell some of the people complaining in that thread have never actually talked to one of these people IRL. Their only reference is online trolls.

T1Ytzcy.png

:pie_thinking:
8yRDFVA.png

kJKNxil.png

Some calls for violence/death:
nLzdNc8.png

GiHAUZW.png

MD5C07e.png

Some self-reflection, and of course an immediate condescension:
Nfse8yB.png

XpAlwWV.png

bMUKT4i.png

HWjFpYc.png

Yikes.
pTpdg5W.png

L52Sesn.png

And this is only up to page 2.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
you know what is "some privileged shit"?

thinking you don't have to listen to anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you. that is some privileged shit. like you are just rolling around in a bubble of shit. you are complaining about doing the bare minimum of LISTENING TO OTHER PEOPLE. you are complaining about the very thing you demand from the entire world!

i love how "i'm so tired of explaining" and these clowns think they are "the next battle for civil rights" can you imagine going back to the 1960s and having MLK Jr complain "I'm just too tired of explaining this stuff!". pack it up, folks, it's going to be difficult to convince people, might as well give up. ffs the civil rights movement would have ended in 1961.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It seems to me, in that thread, each poster has their own boogie man in place of the actual demographic in the study/report. Some think it's about rapists, some about nazis, some about Trump supporters. Interestingly, none think hatred of whites, cis/straight, and/or males seems to qualify. 🤷‍♀️

Cokiebear ban incoming...
7LRNHe4.png

ne50a3E.png

zHxRwno.png

This continues but it goes in circles.

No hyperbole detected.
BgxaRs3.png

Did I miss a handout back in high school or college? Who told people how to handle biggotry?
XLHq1sN.png

nP0SPR0.png

Holy hell, this run-on sentence. If I live in the midwest I am an immensely entitled, anti-intellectual, self-centered, willfully ignorant, arrogant, self-loathing, lonely asshat. Does this apply to all, or just the poster when he lived there?
nb4lEb6.png

Circling back to Cokie, it is interesting that one of the posters he is arguing with is now just going straight to the name calling/suggesting he's racist rhetoric. I am honeslty surprised posters on RE don't see that their overtly hostile tone actually pushes sympathizers away, harming their progress. Temporary or short-term gratification at the expense of long-term success.
8M5q5E7.png

rWyevbL.png

And back to equating anyone who has the slightest positive feeling for Trump is a nazi.
JlOEB4k.png

That's page 3 alone, folks. Crazy shit.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
ERA needs to learn some pragmatism.

We all have ideals. They are not special in that regard.

We all have personal failings, and we all watch our ideals fail as well. Cokie Bear is exactly right to ask "What's the goal and how are you working toward that goal?" It's a practical question that cuts through the b.s. and begin the process of resolving the issue.

You can tell Cokie is pricking a nerve because the dismissals keep getting more frantic. It's almost as if they fear their source of outrage will be taken away from them if they start... you know... fixing the problems they complain about. I notice a lot of people act this way on the topic of global climate change, too.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

so they found a way to link the corona virus issue to a xenophobia issue

it feels like all jokes are off limits to these people, like someone is always going to be offended so no fun allowed. jokes are supposed to be offensive, that's why they are funny! i get that there is a line that can be crossed but my god dude, these pictures arent that bad. at the very least, they arent up to the level of calling people out for being xenophobic, lol get real man, were just making jokes and trying to help everyone lighten up about the situation.

here's the heroic I-Lo saving the world one xenophobe at a time

nUvsVMF.png

J9OJBAC.png

this one is kind of funny but for different reasons. people have ben grilling the shit out of non-vaxxers, like what the fuck are you talking about! everyone has been making fun of those idiots for years. memes, videos, late night TV, you name it! people just like to make jokes about serious subjects because it helps us feel better about the seriousness of it.

Zz8xY5Y.png

i dunno, maybe im somehow in the wrong here. i live in FL and there has been heightened concern about corona virus making it here because it's such an international tourist destination. a couple of jokes about staying away from floridians isnt going to offend me, its going to make me laugh and feel a little better about the situation. people need to lighten up.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
love how the way to fight intolerance is PUNCH PEOPLE. good thing this is a thing good guys do and the Nazis never attempted enforcing things through violence.
Nepenthe
When the music hits, you feel no pain.

47 minutes ago
o k said:
literally the article in the op: this works

most ppl in this thread: it won’t work and i won’t waste my time doing it

🤔
I- as a black woman- am not going to canvass in MAGA/Thin Blue Line territory because my mental and emotional well-being is more important than saving this country.
you fucking dolt, red southern states are where black folks live. as a black woman i guess you don't give a shit for your fellow citizens. the top 10 cities with the highest percentage of black people are all in the south. your people LIVE THERE. i guess fuck them cos it will cause you "mental + emotional" distress if you step one foot out of your liberal bubble.

whining snowflake babies jesus gottdamn

Last edited:

pulga

Banned
who is more unhinged, shugga, nepenthe or excelspreadhseet? theyve been having a shocker these last couple of days

Compare and contrast how two forums cover two major news stories.

Wuhan Outbreak:

6SiDjFb.png

fQzoZ6Y.png

Kobe Bryant's Death:
od6GjFF.png

4QErJO7.png

Notice something? We don't need moderators to spoon feed us information or control narratives.

what i immediately notice isnt very flaterring to gaf and its kinda sad tbh. sucks.

Ymir

I’m pretty curious how many of these people actually have experienced this violence and danger that they claim. All these people talk about all these people actively wanting to murder them and dangerous to even leave their house. The concept that if they talk to someone with a Maga hat that they’ll be brutally murdered holds no basis in reality.

Ymir

Amazed no one has been banned... yet
Trigonometrize is not making it out alive. He’s calling out a lot of people... He’s still not doing anything that should be banable but can’t imagine he isn’t banned for dismissing concerns of minorities or something.

The bigger question is will it be locked for days like every other thread

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned
You can tell some of the people complaining in that thread have never actually talked to one of these people IRL. Their only reference is online trolls.

T1Ytzcy.png

:pie_thinking:
8yRDFVA.png

kJKNxil.png

Some calls for violence/death:
nLzdNc8.png

GiHAUZW.png

MD5C07e.png

Some self-reflection, and of course an immediate condescension:
Nfse8yB.png

XpAlwWV.png

bMUKT4i.png

HWjFpYc.png

Yikes.
pTpdg5W.png

L52Sesn.png

And this is only up to page 2.

That Patsy post is going for most buzzwords in a post award I think. Holy shit could you even imagine trying to interact with someone like that in real life?

Is King Alamat a known person? I don't remember seeing their posts, but using the Ketkat avatar and going overboard in that post is interesting. Wondering if they're a troll, seems to be almost doing too much :)

Jeeves

Kyuuji with the desperate ban-baiting, haha.

Honestly though, I'm at the point where I'm cheering for reasonable people to be banned from there. After all, the more "pure" the forum becomes, the sooner we get to observe another Ketkat incident or similar. Because infighting is the only thing their road leads to.

Bigrx1

Banned
ERA needs to learn some pragmatism.

We all have ideals. They are not special in that regard.

We all have personal failings, and we all watch our ideals fail as well. Cokie Bear is exactly right to ask "What's the goal and how are you working toward that goal?" It's a practical question that cuts through the b.s. and begin the process of resolving the issue.

You can tell Cokie is pricking a nerve because the dismissals keep getting more frantic. It's almost as if they fear their source of outrage will be taken away from them if they start... you know... fixing the problems they complain about. I notice a lot of people act this way on the topic of global climate change, too.

Begs the question - how many of these issues do some of these members truly, deeply care about? And how much of it is just a faux vehicle to get them to the true destination of just finding some way to attack, destroy, discard others for the sense of power that gives, the desire to virtue signal and the group acceptance from peers in the circle.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Begs the question - how many of these issues do some of these members truly, deeply care about? And how much of it is just a faux vehicle to get them to the true destination of just finding some way to attack, destroy, discard others for the sense of power that gives, the desire to virtue signal and the group acceptance from peers in the circle.
Bingo.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
pTpdg5W.png

not calling you a pronoun =/= LITERALLY wanting you and your friends dead

how is this difficult for people to realize? just because we don't want to call you Xir or whatever the fuck doesn't mean we want to kill you. you are equating a grammar error with... well... genocide.

like if i go around telling people to call me a Warlock and address me as such and they say no, that doesn't mean they are denying my physical existence. it just means they aren't playing pretend with me.

like ffs it is 1000% insane.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
pTpdg5W.png

how is this difficult for people to realize? just because we don't want to call you Xir or whatever the fuck doesn't mean we want to kill you. you are equating a grammar error with... well... genocide.

it is 1000% fucking insane.
I literally immediately stop taking seriously anyone who overuses and misuses the word literally.

Most people don’t care about trans folk, and the ones that do don’t want them dead, just find them gross. Probably less than a tenth of a percentage of anti trans people in this country want trans people dead. Talk about living in a paranoid bubble.

Bigrx1

Banned
pTpdg5W.png

like if i go around telling people to call me a Warlock and address me as such and they say no, that doesn't mean they are denying my physical existence. it just means they aren't playing pretend with me.

like ffs it is 1000% insane.

It's also incredibly self absorbed and manipulative to shove their emotional wellbeing and sense of being okay onto YOU calling them something specific. "Call me this or I'm not okay! And if you don't do it it's YOUR fault I'm not okay AND you're a piece of shit!" I'm not fucking responsible for your emotional wellbeing and if me calling you some specific pronoun affects you that much that's YOUR problem. I'm also not obligated to make you comfortable, the world doesn't need to adjust itself to provide you comfort 24/7.

Ymir

The bans are rolling in now, I kind of feel like they wait a while just so they can make sure it’s a large culling when they ban. There were like 3 mods posting in that thread and now Slayven is there and multiple bans.

Not surprising they were all wrong think:

User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing and antagonising minority members and perspectives in regards to bigotry.

Also, apparently the mods think that if you talk to someone who doesn’t agree with you then it removes your humanity?

Last edited:
This week on Era.

John Bolton, a life long Republican who has famously wanted war with the whole of the Middle East and has been gunning for continuous USA military action is now their hero they pin all their hopes on.

That's Era.

Wow. Mindblown. I guess a pro-imperialist republican can be good.

Do they lack any and all self awareness or consistency? Nah, let's just eat from the trough of the blue check marks and the establishment media. They'll let us know what our opinion is this week.

Last edited:

NickFire

The bans are rolling in now, I kind of feel like they wait a while just so they can make sure it’s a large culling when they ban. There were like 3 mods posting in that thread and now Slayven is there and multiple bans.

Not surprising they were all wrong think:

User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing and antagonising minority members and perspectives in regards to bigotry.
The moderation practices over there often remind me of crooked cops who write false police reports to justify their extreme reactions to any perceived disrespect of their authority, The rest of the time it just reminds me of what happens when children are allowed to make the rules.

Ymir

The moderation practices over there often remind me of crooked cops who write false police reports to justify their extreme reactions to any perceived disrespect of their authority, The rest of the time it just reminds me of what happens when children are allowed to make the rules.
That’s a pretty good analogy where they're just trying to get you talk enough so that they can find some technical violation of a broken taillight to ban you for months

Also: does Slayven not realize the singular of allies is ally?

“This thread is why i say i don't believe in allies, are they really an allie if they constantly want you to surrender your humanity cause it is the quickest way to order? Not peace, but order, an order that benefits everyone but the marginalized.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom