• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Scratch

This guy has to be a troll...has to be

Sounds about what I expect from that site.

nush

I think the user actually just posted it that way.

[STAFF POST: Locking while we review reports and figure out how to move forward. This is a serious topic, and we need to be careful on how to handle it.]

Ironically he could get a warn for that as only mods are allowed to post in red.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

Wrong reply, at first..

These people are so weak tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
OP
King Alamat

54 minutes ago

Chaosblade said:
Dumb question, but have you considered retail? Because Target and Walmart start people at like $12/hr now, and I think Kroger is around there too. Granted retail isn't great by any means and finding a store that will hire you with full time hours on your desired shift might not be easy, it's better than $10/hr and you can work toward something better.
Tried, never got anywhere because of the online personality assessments.
he failed the "online personality assessments" at Target and Walmart. that is fucking ridiculous. ffs i got a job at Walmart when i was 18 and was a total shithead. you have to be a giant psychopath to fail these basic personality tests.
Also, I doubt retail's gonna be $12/hr, I'm in Tennessee; I'd be surprised if they pay above minimum.
aw jeez well you may as well just not work a job at all, just live with your mom the rest of your life. i mean why consider a job at all maybe you will win the lottery or something.
Like, the only time I've ever gotten a job is through an agency, staffing and rehabilitative, I've never actually gotten a call back from filling out an application.
just fucking lazy. you've never gotten a call back? how about calling them? where is the initiative?

probably put more effort into complaining on this thread than finding a job.

Last edited:

nush

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-day-at-my-new-job-and-i-already-wanna-quit.168291/

imagine this person having to live through the days where as a population we were hunter gatherers to survive

"should I hunt today? I dont know it's far and well Greg today madea really nasty remark about something that I didnt like....hmmm you know what Ill starve and die
giphy.gif
"

God todays society is so bitch made its scary.

That guys an idiot and does not realize he's walked out of what looks to me like a pretty sweet gig. Those jobs where your out the office working are fucking great, noone knows where you really are, you can slack off as soon as you've done the job, arrive late, leave early nobody knows/cares. That's why "Sleeping Beauty" turned up an hour late and the only one giving a fuck is Ree boy here. He already says the wage is good and the best he'd likely to get being a dropout. Guess what dipshit? You're being PAID to sit in a van for one our to drive out to buttfuck nowhere, $10 for sitting on your ass listening to music or sleeping.

Not only that but those old dudes are going to teach you some skills that you can either use to be self employed or make some extra money OR they'll retire soon and if you kiss ass enough you could be inline for taking over their job full time salaried staff, with a van you can drive around in.

Not only that, but as I've done temp agency work before I know they really don't like unreliable people that bail from jobs and its easy to get blacklisted. Its also really easy to be reliable cover for unreliable people as a temp and then be given the really good (Relatively) temp jobs by the agency staff.

Fucking dipshit soy boys.

That guys an idiot and does not realize he's walked out of what looks to me like a pretty sweet gig. Those jobs where your out the office working are fucking great, noone knows where you really are, you can slack off as soon as you've done the job, arrive late, leave early nobody knows/cares. That's why "Sleeping Beauty" turned up an hour late and the only one giving a fuck is Ree boy here. He already says the wage is good and the best he'd likely to get being a dropout. Guess what dipshit? You're being PAID to sit in a van for one our to drive out to buttfuck nowhere, $10 for sitting on your ass listening to music or sleeping.

Not only that but those old dudes are going to teach you some skills that you can either use to be self employed or make some extra money OR they'll retire soon and if you kiss ass enough you could be inline for taking over their job full time salaried staff, with a van you can drive around in.

Not only that, but as I've done temp agency work before I know they really don't like unreliable people that bail from jobs and its easy to get blacklisted. Its also really easy to be reliable cover for unreliable people as a temp and then be given the really good (Relatively) temp jobs by the agency staff.

Don't forget he's a queer PoC so everyone hates him.. Except all these people who apparently went out of their way to try and make him part of the team..

Last edited:

Handel

pigeon banned!

[User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring the staff post with regards to trolling/sniping and metacommentary + pattern of trolling over multiple posts and threads]

Messofanego banned!

[User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory commentary around rape and sexual assault.]
I don't like Messofanego, but those were solid posts by them that got punished by not sticking to the female oppression narrative strong enough, despite it being in a thread specifically about the downplaying of sexual assault against men. Don't downplay sexual assault against men, but even more importantly don't ever say the rape of a man is ever worse than the rape of a woman, even if it's in only in one specific context and you make it clear that you don't think that in general! No room for nuance here, people will get triggered!!!

It's hard to enjoy these protected poster bans when it's for the same REE bullshit as always. Meanwhile Beefy out there still not banned for his victim blaming of Depp, disgusting.

Last edited:

nush

Don't forget he's a queer PoC so everyone hates him.. Except all these people who apparently went out of their way to try and make him part of the team..

eK0LF4a.png

His "Ideal" Job. I've worked in videogame retail it fucking sucks. If he thinks he's going to sit around drinking soy lattes and reading books he'll quickly find out he can't and Trump supporters buy books too. Can you imagine the seething internalized rage he would have selling a book he deemed "By a problematic author" to someone?

ManaByte

eK0LF4a.png

His "Ideal" Job. I've worked in videogame retail it fucking sucks. If he thinks he's going to sit around drinking soy lattes and reading books he'll quickly find out he can't and Trump supporters buy books too. Can you imagine the seething internalized rage he would have selling a book he deemed "By a problematic author" to someone?

Retail? An ideal job? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I worked in retail more than 20 years ago and I'll never do it again.

eK0LF4a.png

Yeah I was a Blockbuster and EB Games manager for a couple of years.. It ain't glorious! But he's the type of loser that has no goals or ambitions and pins everything wrong in his life on a boogeyman. Today it's the Alt Right and Trump and tomorrow it'll be some other made up nonsense that's the REAL reason his Queer PoC ass isn't successful.. Instead of looking in the mirror and fixing what's really broken.

Previously, on Era: " Traditional elections can be rigged! They are archaic! They can be meddled! We need to make the national elections online! Open to as many people as possible! Maybe an app!"

The DNC runs its own election system via an app in the Iowa caucaus, the app doesn't work, they lose the votes, the results aren't coming in accurate.

Today, on Era: Shocked Pikachu face. "Why don't they just do paper ballots? It seems faster and more accurate."

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
What in god's name is this?

PPlXf1A.png

If you managed to read all that without instantly falling asleep, I managed to highlight something that caught my eye.
So now you can be banned for literally disagreeing with non-white people on Resetera. That's a first, or rather, it's now official.

Last edited:

holygeesus

Banned

PPlXf1A.png

If you managed to read all that without instantly falling asleep, I managed to highlight something that caught my eye.
So now you can be banned for literally disagreeing with non-white people on Resetera. That's a first, or rather, it's now official.

Gonna need courses to teach how to post over there soon. Good lord. What a lot of effort.

600Breezy

lmaoooo this is what happens when people actually believe RetardEra is real life.

You can almost hear them say bu buuu buuuuu I have a tranny flag in my dp on Era, I deserve to make a ton of money while working in a book store without racists around.

reality is serving up a nice punch in the face to this degenerate 😂

cormack12

Gold Member

That's hilarious. So basically now they're telling people to man up and they need to listen to opinions. Wonder how that will go down with the resident lunatics. Not a good look to align your principles with alt-right gaf. It's amazing the times they wall shit back or have so many contradictory rules that change on a whim, but still have that little over the top authoritarian sentence in somewhere. A little snippet of the forbidden.

Who knows. We might see them split off politics soon bwahahahaha

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Blindly believing a person simply based on gender is lunacy. MeToo is basically a faith at this point and deserves critique. The zealotry of the movement has led to innocent people being made into social pariahs.
And believing is irrespective to the truth anyway. A lot of people conflate the two. For example someone says “_____ accused so and so male celebrity of sexual assault” and someone replies “yeah, but we don’t know if they’re guilty until all the facts come out.” Then someone will respond “#believewomen”

Like that somehow closes the case. You can believe anyone who want, but that still doesn’t mean they know what actually happened.

And only a fool would blindly believe anyone for arbitrary reasons.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
eK0LF4a.png

He'd probably personally remove all the copies of "12 rules for life" by Jordan Peterson. Then go on era and brag about it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
GkRiHwi.png

Yet another I can't be bothered to do anything and I hate work thread. Good lord what sad sacks. No wonder they're filled with self-loathing. It's truly laughable how pathetic so many of them are.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ideally all the I Hate Work threads would be because Class Solidarity

and yet all the other threads are about unquestionably cheerleading giant corporations

Last edited:
There is a suspicious amount of conspiratorial posts today in the Iowa thread after the mods specifically made conspiracy posts a bannable offense in Primary threads. This seems like a conspiracy to me.....

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So much gold in the "today I did nothing" thread. We got this gem from Strangelove77 Strangelove77 who sounds like a model era citizen
"I’m not married or have kids. I’m also currently unemployed so every day is basically a day off to j off. It gets boring."

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

I was thinking the same. Sounds like an easy as fuck job with laid back people.

Oh no they talked about Trump! Who gives a fuck? Just say "I don't really care that much" and the conversation will move on.

Saruhashi

Banned
eK0LF4a.png

If anything retail would be worse because any given customer could be "the one" that wants to share their opinions on this and that.

At least with his painting job the co-workers would get used to the idea that you ain't into politics and would not bring it up.

Customers can come in and say and do more or less whatever they like and you have to just smile and nod and take it.

Like if I went to buy Jordan Peterson's book for some reason and the little twerp at the checkout tried to give me a talking to I'd be telling them to mind their own fucking business.

Always fascinating that these people who seem to be miserable and don't get on well with others see everyone in the world but themselves as "douchenozzles". At the same time when they talk about themselves it's clear they are not exactly fine specimens of humanity. Maybe give people a chance and the benefit of the doubt and understand that we are all different.

Thing is they congregate in this echo chamber where they aren't even friends with each other and the slightest error can lead to excommunication. We could be agreeing on the merits of Gamepass one day and you could be getting me permanently banned for slagging off Star Wars movies the next.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If anything retail would be worse because any given customer could be "the one" that wants to share their opinions on this and that.

At least with his painting job the co-workers would get used to the idea that you ain't into politics and would not bring it up.

Customers can come in and say and do more or less whatever they like and you have to just smile and nod and take it.

Like if I went to buy Jordan Peterson's book for some reason and the little twerp at the checkout tried to give me a talking to I'd be telling them to mind their own fucking business.

Always fascinating that these people who seem to be miserable and don't get on well with others see everyone in the world but themselves as "douchenozzles". At the same time when they talk about themselves it's clear they are not exactly fine specimens of humanity. Maybe give people a chance and the benefit of the doubt and understand that we are all different.

Thing is they congregate in this echo chamber where they aren't even friends with each other and the slightest error can lead to excommunication. We could be agreeing on the merits of Gamepass one day and you could be getting me permanently banned for slagging off Star Wars movies the next.
That's one of the most hilarious things. THEY HATE EACH OTHER. There's no actual community there. They wouldn't get out of their parent's basement to see one of the other members if they lived across the street.

Saruhashi

Banned
That's one of the most hilarious things. THEY HATE EACH OTHER. There's no actual community there. They wouldn't get out of their parent's basement to see one of the other members if they lived across the street.

I mean, why would you? To basically only be one dodgy comment away from a complete meltdown.
Or you could get into a fight over who is the most oppressed. :)

Saruhashi

Banned

That first post :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I like that they don't seem to get that an election is basically just a large scale popularity contest. OK the stakes are very high but it's the same principle.

Telling approximately 50% of the voters to fuck off is pretty much a disastrous opening move.
THEN moving on to abuse and berate the potentially undecided "centrists" is damn near suicidal.

What do they want Biden to say? Half of the country can fuck off and if you are undecided then you can fuck off too... oh and also please vote for me. :)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You say you are a political junkie and yet you have not enough Orange Man posts to show for it. Purge the unclean!!
Rinse Bassfunk
35 minutes ago
Newman said:
So try to change the behavior of everyone else instead of adapting to the situation?
Listening to politics you disagree with isn’t that big of a deal, it may be annoying but it isn’t some form of hate speech no matter how much you want it to be.

For some people political discourse is like talking about sports for others. They just can’t help themselves. I’m like that, I’m a political junkie and it’s one of my primary interests and therefor I discuss it at work often.
You're a republican aren't you, given you are a political junkie but barely involve yourself in political discourse here. There must be some reason you aren't scratching that itch here.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
You say you are a political junkie and yet you have not enough Orange Man posts to show for it. Purge the unclean!!

This reply:

“Because they don't want to spend all day arguing in politics threads here consisting of people who couldn't collectively screw in a lightbulb?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom