• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetting an iPhone all the way

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Quick question: is it possible to reset an Apple ID on an iPhone without the previous owner’s help?

My dad won a storage auction and there was a an iPhone 5c in with it. Unfortunately, the previous owner never deactivated it.

Is there anyway to get around that stupid Apple ID?

KielCasto

I don't think you can bypass that without the previous owner's help. I've erased and reset many idevices, and they all needed to be deactivated as iTunes showed.

jts

...hate me...
Keep in mind that while it's annoying for this kind of situation, it's an important theft deterrent. Also, the 5c must absolutely suck balls by now so you won't miss out on much, although sure it would still be cool to be able to use it (or resell it in working condition).

Kamina

Golden Boy
IPhones are pretty worthless like this and that is mostly good as i prevents theft.
You could call Apple, but I am not sure this will yield any results. Maybe you could trade it in with them however.

Kadayi

Banned
tumblr_inline_ncerjuuCbQ1qzgziy.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sell it for parts on eBay. A 5C will barely be worth anything if it does work.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll pass it along to my dad. I didn't think it was possible, but I had to try. I totally understand and agree with this feature as a deterrent.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
You can do a DNS activation bypass, but it will not let you log back into an iCloud account. You can still use it for wifi, browsing, mp3 player, jailbreak it, sideload apps, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom