• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 1 HD custom textures pack mod

pawel86ck

Banned
Another great texture mod with AI upscaled textures. It's a shame capcom just only upscaled textures for HD remake, rather than render backgrounds in high resolution as they should, but at least moders are trying to make a good work for free :). Textures in RE1 HD on PC looks soft because they were upscaled from GC version, but this particular texture pack upscales textures with better results.

https://reupscaleproject.blogspot.com/p/download.html

19.png

12.png

There's also one very talented moder who is working on completely new texture pack right now, but the difference is, textures in that particular mod are made from scratch (so no upscaling) and results looks simply AMAZING. I Hope he will release his work sooner than later :)
http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/5581/high-quality-backgrounds-mod

HS074v6.jpg

0wVBEO6.png

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Now THIS is pod racing.

After seeing what people have done with FFVII, I really want to see more classic games have this done.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks! As soon as I heard about AI upscaling I was waiting for exactly this.

MinorMatureBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

Just played through this a few weeks ago with my wife. Had a great time, but damn if that doesn't look absolutely better.

This one for the gamecube version is sort of flawed, but I think the uploader says they're going to do every background anyway. Problem is upgrading foreground objects & transparency.

Ellis

Looks pretty damn good considering they had to work with the harsh JPEG compression of the Gamecube disc assets. Still, re-filtering the already filtered backgrounds from the HD release would probably have had poor results.

Is Topaz AI as good as EZgrain which a lot of people seem to be using for these projects ?

Shifty

Very nice.

This one for the gamecube version is sort of flawed, but I think the uploader says they're going to do every background anyway. Problem is upgrading foreground objects & transparency.

Interesting. I was just installing the Gigapixel trial to do exactly this, since Dolphin makes texture dumping and replacement a breeze.

Guess I can cancel that now I know :messenger_grinning_sweat: it's not quite as impressive as the REmake stuff since the source material is that much lower-res, but cool nonetheless.

Yeah, I can play as Chris now :)
And don't forget hard mode, no-save runs, knife-only runs, real survivor, invisible enemy, one deadly zombie. That game has so much to give!

Last edited:

Aren117

Well, there it is, the new remaster.

I'm glady I didn't play the PC version yet, might as well play it with the mod!!

nkarafo

The first thing that comes to my mind when i see all the pics in this thread is that real time 3D graphics have easily reached or surpassed every pre-rendered game so far. Maybe that's why i'm not that impressed by this anymore.

Looking at this from the perspective of comparing the quality between the two versions though, that is impressive.

Thank god for this new technology. My favorite game is saved!

34998404hf.png

Glad I haven't started playing RE2 yet, will play through this first.

Last edited:

Ellis

A couple of rooms do look a little dodgy, but on the whole this AI image upscaling stuff is pretty great.

B5ed.png

C5ed.png

D5ed.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom