• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 1 PC Mansion Big Box Art

mdzapeer

In 1996 I remember using seeing a Big Box for Resident Evil 1 PC with the mansion on the cover, am I just imagining it?

I am searching on google but cannot seem to find it.

HD remaster has a mansion interior on the front:

VrLSzW7.jpg

mdzapeer

It was the 1996 original release, it was the Mansion from the outside with Bluish lighting and maybe lightning?? its been too long dont remember properly. Oh and the mansion was sort up on the hill too?

It was one of the those big vertical box, maybe it was promotion poster?? Come to think of it it is pretty similar to the new RE7 title image with the house but this one is a mansion and its night time.

It was the 1996 original release, it was the Mansion from the outside with Bluish lighting and maybe lightning?? its been too long dont remember properly. Oh and the mansion was sort up on the hill too?

It was one of the those big vertical box, maybe it was promotion poster?? Come to think of it it is pretty similar to the new RE7 title image with the house but this one is a mansion and its night time.

Found it:

IMAG_Post_CASTLEVANIA1.jpg

TheMoon

Just for fun: what region?

Biohazard%20PC%20Games%20Big%20Box%20Edition.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In 1996 I remember using seeing a Big Box for Resident Evil 1 PC with the mansion on the cover, am I just imagining it?

I am searching on google but cannot seem to find it.

I think you're imagining it or mixing up some memories. Here was the PC boxes in the US/PAL for RE1-RE3:

cILaP.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

are you thinking about 7th guest?

mdzapeer

are you thinking about 7th guest?

Ye It looks pretty similar to what I remember, maybe my memory is mixing those 2 up. Heh i am losing my mind, earlier than I thought I would.

Thanks for all the help, I will just tell myself it was the 7th Guest box or some random promotional poster.

TheMoon

Ye It looks pretty similar to what I remember, maybe my memory is mixing those 2 up. Heh i am losing my mind, earlier than I thought I would.

Thanks for all the help, I will just tell myself it was the 7th Guest box or some random promotional poster.

JTr7Ne0.jpg

or you're just mixing up the time frame and platform completely :)

Draft

REmake cover is low key one of the all time greats. Very evocative even if it's just a cropped screenshot.

I think you're imagining it or mixing up some memories. Here was the PC boxes in the US/PAL for RE1-RE3:

cILaP.jpg

Nothing to contribute to OP's inquiry, but damn, those are some sharp looking title boxes! As a kid I always loved browsing through PC titles at the store because their boxes were large enough to fully appreciate the game cover's art work.

ekgrey

Wat re2 actually released on PC?! I knew re3 did at least because I remember having it at one point.

It was, yeah. 1-3, and of course 4 and onward. Of the mainline series, only CV(X) was left out. Now to get them all on Steam or even better, GOG.

Edit: and Silent Hill 1-4. Boxed copies are so expensive and I'm not sure 4 even came out. I hear at least 2 runs well still.

Just for fun: what region?

Biohazard%20PC%20Games%20Big%20Box%20Edition.jpg

I found the box on the left at a thrift store years ago but the title was "resident evil" not biohazard. I think it was for Asia/Pacific region. There was no Chinese or Japanese letters on it, all English. Badly translated English.

mdzapeer

I found the box on the left at a thrift store years ago but the title was "resident evil" not biohazard. I think it was for Asia/Pacific region. There was no Chinese or Japanese letters on it, all English. Badly translated English.

I think it might have been the box on the left then...that is the closest to what I think I remember.

Spacejaws

I love how what you described pretty much fits the bill for both the Alone in th Dark and 7th Guest examples.

I guess horror mansions were like the 90s version of 00s WW2 games and 10s generic spare marines.

Top Bottom