• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake exceeded Capcom’s expectations, Devil May Cry 5 also performed strongly

CyberPanda

Banned
Capcom has released the Fiscal Report for the Forth and Final Quarter of the Fiscal Year 2018/2019 that ended March 2019. During that final quarter, Resident Evil 2 Remake saw a great success and Devil May Cry 5 also performed well. Furthermore, Monster Hunter: World, which shook up the market last year, broke 12 million cumulative units shipped following the additional release of the PC version, marking a record high for any single title in the Company’s history.

As the press release reads, the popularity of major title Resident Evil 2 exceeded expectations, driving the Company’s business performance. Devil May Cry 5 targeted overseas markets and also performed strongly, backed by consistent demand. Additionally, the Monster Hunter series contributed significantly to improving profits: flagship title Monster Hunter: World, which was a phenomenal success in the previous fiscal year, maintained popularity through the expansion of its user base, while the Steam version for PC also performed solidly, boosting profits.

In addition, Mega Man 11 and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection performed well, and high-margin cataloge titles, including Resident Evil 7 biohazard, increased sales through their enduring popularity.

Moving forward, Capcom will strengthen digital download and catalog sales, with the aim of continuing to grow the Digital Contents business. Further, in response to the worldwide excitement surrounding esports, and the increased attention paid to them within the Japanese market, Capcom is redoubling its commitment to making this sector a priority area, and aims to grow the player base worldwide through running leagues that utilize Street Fighter.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Nah 3 can wait, I want some Dino Crisis love already. The second game wasn’t much like the first, and the third game.... I just don’t talk about the third game.

But man, remake 1 at least

KiteGr

I would have bought DMC5 if it wasn't for all that censorship fiasco. Like most censorships, minor or major, it's the ultimate hype killer.

BTW: the PAL version is still censored...

Geki-D

Banned
Shit, so you’re saying making games the way people want rather than pumping out shit, makes money...?

Fuck...
You say this, yet at the same time I'm pretty sure RE2 Remake still hasn't done quite as well as RE6. We should all be grateful Capcom actually listened to fans rather then the ka-ching of their cash registers.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Re2 hasn’t been out anywhere near as long and has not only made serious bank but had rave reviews and is pretty much universally praised.

RE6 is... RE6

angelic

Banned
I thought there were many new challenges facing every developer these days and we need to have a year of soft launches.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Please do X 9 already. We all know your collections did good enough.

plushyp

DMC5 had some very questionable choices and am not happy about the focus shift to Dante-lite Nero as the main hero of the series. Also, the aesthetics and faces were too weird.

Moses85

Well deserved Capcom, well deserved. Had no hope you rock the RE2 Remake, thank you soo much!
Now give us RE3 Remake

Graciaus

I would have bought DMC5 if it wasn't for all that censorship fiasco. Like most censorships, minor or major, it's the ultimate hype killer.

Stop playing games on Sony consoles then if it bothers you. None of the other versions had it. Pretty sure it was removed anyway eventually.

Great game BTW.

blackjon24

Well deserved capcom! Nothing bad to say about world or resi 2 but for dmc 5 i hope for no MXT and less bland level design in the sequel

Tesseract

Banned
I find most of this statement ridiculous and/or erroneous

Undeserved, because they didn’t try new game mechanics... geez :pie_thinking:

yes that would be my opinion, thanks for playing

it's an absolutely dull game with weak mechanics and poor ai, i expected more from a remake than nice graphics

newer faster harder stronger graphics are pretty easy to do, but interesting mechanical systems are not

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

You are missing out though... censorship on that game is heavily overhyped...

Top Bottom