• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 VR Mode releases on December 8 for PSVR2 + Demo

SilentUser

Capcom is the best at VR right now imo.
They are doing a wonderful job! Village remains my favorite VR title, it is just incredible. Hopefully they will nail with Reside 4 Remake, too. No reason they won't! Held playing the remake the same way I did with Village, as I found VR (even being a hybrid title) way, way more interesting.

Moses85

Season 2 Christmas GIF by The Office

Is this year on the 8th

Moses85

it's a shame psvr2 sucks ass.
I would've gotten it again but there was no good promo on black friday here
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Buy it pre-owned.
I paid 320€ with a charging station, only 3 times used. The former owner sold it because of motion sickness.

Absolute great pice of Hardware!

Damn it, I knew I should have picked up RE4 during the Black Friday sale...

Edit: There's another sale going on and RE4 is the only Resi game not on sale right now... grrr

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Buy it pre-owned.
I paid 320€ with a charging station, only 3 times used. The former owner sold it because of motion sickness.

Absolute great pice of Hardware!
nah. new or nothing. Don't want no filthy preowned vr.
And polish people are scum. Used items are 10% cheaper

MarkMe2525

Japanese devs know their shit. Proved.

BTW the graphics are OMG for VR experience on any platform!
An american team (Armature Studios) developed the RE4 VR port for the Quest. It is one of the best ports/games on the platform. I can't find confirmation on who exactly is working on this port, but we don't know if it's a Japanese team atm.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
fart town usa fart town usa

You gonna play this? I dunno if you put off playing the remake before it got the VR mode.
Hell yea I'm playing it in VR and hell yea I already played through it at release, lol. I was gonna go for NG+ but decided to hold off cause I think the VR mode was announced by then. I'm sure I've forgotten many things so it'll feel fresh. It was the same with RE7 and Village as well.

Minsc

Gold Member
I doubt it, it's a good headset and probably best value considering the power it has behind it. Although some may argue that Quest 3 and PC have it beat now.

Regardless. Bring this game on, this will probably be the killer app for PSVR2 going forward.

Nothing has the OLED+HDR screen beat for color vibrancy/blacks. And the controller haptics and headset vibration are one of a kind. It's definitely one of the best gaming headsets out imo.

The doll house broke me.

Yeah, I needed to watch a lets play to get past that, but after that it's all good! Definitely worth it, though in hindsight I don't know how I managed it in VR. Was the most tense I've been gaming probably ever!

fart town usa

Gold Member
sweetspot is the bigget deal.
And if the comfort was better, it would stuck on my head better and the sweespot would be less of a problem.

Exactly. That's why I kinda want to get it again.
Now there are some headstrap mods out, a bit more games and prescription lenses... since this piece of shit focal is more than the usual 2 meters on psvr2.
I mean this with all respect but you honestly were probably wearing the headset wrong and then sold the thing without ever having worn it correctly. PSVR2 is not exactly user friendly and it's happened to us all. The sweet spot and comfort are not an issue when you have the thing worn correctly, not even being a fanboy, it's true. The front of the headset needs to be higher than you'd think and the back needs to be lower than you'd think. Most people simply don't wear it correctly.

XXL

Googles design is so much better and stable. Like meta quest1,2 and for example. Much better comfort and even got some audio (still no koss from cv1)

you gotta be joking. Not without pancake lenses, not with this sweetspot, not with this halo strap design.
I had all oculus headsets, used index, g2 and even new quest 3.... my fav is rift cv1 and quest1 with oled.
Cringe Reaction GIF

Last edited:

SilentUser

Nothing has the OLED+HDR screen beat for color vibrancy/blacks. And the controller haptics and headset vibration are one of a kind. It's definitely one of the best gaming headsets out imo.

Yeah, I needed to watch a lets play to get past that, but after that it's all good! Definitely worth it, though in hindsight I don't know how I managed it in VR. Was the most tense I've been gaming probably ever!
Man... I had a great time with that thing at House Beneviento 😅 that was surreal in every single way, loved it!

Markio128

Gold Member
I mean this with all respect but you honestly were probably wearing the headset wrong and then sold the thing without ever having worn it correctly. PSVR2 is not exactly user friendly and it's happened to us all. The sweet spot and comfort are not an issue when you have the thing worn correctly, not even being a fanboy, it's true. The front of the headset needs to be higher than you'd think and the back needs to be lower than you'd think. Most people simply don't wear it correctly.
Tbh, when a product costs so much money, you‘d expect most people would put the effort in to understand how to use it properly.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Tbh, when a product costs so much money, you‘d expect most people would put the effort in to understand how to use it properly.
Yea. I definitely empathize the comfort/sweet spot issues though because I experienced it too for months after launch. It honestly wasn't until September or so that I realized what I was doing wrong, and then in October someone mentioned having the front of the headset sit higher on your forehead for the sweet spot and I tried that and suddenly all headset related issues disappeared.

I just wish people would be less vocal about how "bad" it is and maybe ask for advice on how to properly wear the thing.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
RE7 was fantastic on PSVR1, and RE Village is AMAZING in PSVR2, so I expect this to be just as good.

Its very fucking cool that they can make a game that plays great in VR and Flat. Wish more games followed the lead.

Honestly, the first year lineup for PSVR2 has been quite fantastic, even though it's still missing a lot and not many new games announced.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
RE7 was fantastic on PSVR1, and RE Village is AMAZING in PSVR2, so I expect this to be just as good.

Its very fucking cool that they can make a game that plays great in VR and Flat. Wish more games followed the lead.

Honestly, the first year lineup for PSVR2 has been quite fantastic, even though it's still missing a lot and not many new games announced.

AstroBot port is an absolute crime against humanity though

rofif

Banned
Of course I wasn't wearing the headset wrong. Are you stupid?
I have 10 years of experience with vr. I had oculud dk1,2,rift cv1, s, quest1,2. Used g2, quest3 and so on. Finished most major vr games.
This is just a bad design. Nothing else to it. It's a bad design that might not fit my head well but I was not wearing it wrong. Check out reddit posts. tons of posts complaining about the same issue.
And on the other side - if I could wear it incorrectly, then it's even worse design. A good design would be difficult to wear correctly. Poka-yoke and some shit.

Wow. Great post.
I have experience, I share my experience. Real downsides. Facts.
gif.

SHA

The zombies look stupid anyway, I'm sorry but walking dead zombies are my favorite, but these that supposedly behaving but act more stupidly is beyond nonsense, the vr actually for Ada and Ashley and Jack Krauser, nothing else.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Of course I wasn't wearing the headset wrong. Are you stupid?
I have 10 years of experience with vr. I had oculud dk1,2,rift cv1, s, quest1,2. Used g2, quest3 and so on. Finished most major vr games.
This is just a bad design. Nothing else to it. It's a bad design that might not fit my head well but I was not wearing it wrong. Check out reddit posts. tons of posts complaining about the same issue.
And on the other side - if I could wear it incorrectly, then it's even worse design. A good design would be difficult to wear correctly. Poka-yoke and some shit.

Wow. Great post.
I have experience, I share my experience. Real downsides. Facts.
gif.
I've tried to be nice to you during your vocal VR bitch fits, even when you come into the OT and try to bitch about things that you don't even have access to anymore.

Asking if I'm dumb... You're a dick, straight up. You have been muted Sir.

rofif

Banned
I've tried to be nice to you during your vocal VR bitch fits, even when you come into the OT and try to bitch about things that you don't even have access to anymore.

Asking if I'm dumb... You're a dick, straight up. You have been muted Sir.
how am I a dick?
Why do I have to pretend psvr2 is something it isnt? All the things I've pointed out are real.
Wouldn't you also prefer psvr2 to have better strap and pancake lenses? Customers voice their opinions and manufacturer improve in the future.

if you can't deal with me pointing this out, it's your problem. not mine.

Anyway - I've returned it on release and I am looking to get it again. It wis worth 400$ not 800 I've paid for it on release
edit: And then you have a fucking audacity to tell me I am wearing a headset wrong. because I pointed out some things I didn't like. Like cmon sir. be serious. I'm a vr veteran here. more than most.
Edit: I am hyped for this so much I want to get psvr2 again. And You are saying I am a dick.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member

There are a few games ripe for some Sony support - I’m thinking of games like Cyberpunk, GTAV and Far Cry - big games that would attract more of the mainstream gamer.

I’m hoping that more hybrid games will be announced soon. In fairness we’re still in the first year of release, and I’m generally pretty happy, but I’d love a solid hybrid release that isn’t in the horror genre. GT7 is the only one I can think of.

fart town usa

Gold Member
how am I a dick?
Why do I have to pretend psvr2 is something it isnt? All the things I've pointed out are real.
Wouldn't you also prefer psvr2 to have better strap and pancake lenses? Customers voice their opinions and manufacturer improve in the future.

if you can't deal with me pointing this out, it's your problem. not mine.

Anyway - I've returned it on release and I am looking to get it again. It wis worth 400$ not 800 I've paid for it on release
edit: And then you have a fucking audacity to tell me I am wearing a headset wrong. because I pointed out some things I didn't like. Like cmon sir. be serious. I'm a vr veteran here. more than most
You wore the headset wrong, and then sold the thing. You confirm it every time you enter a PSVR2 thread.

I empathize with that because comfort/clarity issues happened to me and countless others. I try to give advice on how the thing needs to be worn and you ask if I'm stupid.

I have nothing else to say to you.

rofif

Banned
You wore the headset wrong, and then sold the thing. You confirm it every time you enter a PSVR2 thread.

I empathize with that because comfort/clarity issues happened to me and countless others. I try to give advice on how the thing needs to be worn and you ask if I'm stupid.

I have nothing else to say to you.
I did not wear it wrong. tried many settings and you know that.
I really do not understand why you are insisting on that. How could I even wear your perfect beloved device wrongly if it's so perfect.
But I am willing to try again. it's 600$ now. When it hits 500, I will get it + mods.

And ending every sentence with "I have nothing else to say to you." is not a mic drop. Why are you doing that lol

Markio128

Gold Member
I did not wear it wrong. tried many settings and you know that.
I really do not understand why you are insisting on that. How could I even wear your perfect beloved device wrongly if it's so perfect.
But I am willing to try again. it's 600$ now. When it hits 500, I will get it + mods.

And ending every sentence with "I have nothing else to say to you." is not a mic drop. Why are you doing that lol
What I’m struggling to understand is, if the PSVR2 doesn’t do it for you, then is it really is it worth getting again even at a quarter of the price? There is no logic my man.

rofif

Banned
What I’m struggling to understand is, if the PSVR2 doesn’t do it for you, then is it really is it worth getting again even at a quarter of the price? There is no logic my man.
It's not but I want to try out some strap mods.
ehhh... maybe you are right. I should probably skip it altogether

rofif

Banned
fart town usa fart town usa Listen man, Sorry I am arguing with you. Let's shake hands and be on our way.
I wanted to really like this thing, that's why I am so passionate about it... and maybe I yet will.

Markio128

Gold Member
It's not but I want to try out some strap mods.
ehhh... maybe you are right. I should probably skip it altogether
It could have been a bit of buyers remorse when you first bought it. It isn’t exactly cheap, and that’s one thing everyone can agree on.

rofif

Banned
It could have been a bit of buyers remorse when you first bought it. It isn’t exactly cheap, and that’s one thing everyone can agree on.
yeah the thing was 800$ here.... so I felt disappointed. And I only played village demo and finished call of the mountain.
now there is gt7, I could get full village and re4 remake. maybe I will wait until there is another crazy must have.

Markio128

Gold Member
yeah the thing was 800$ here.... so I felt disappointed. And I only played village demo and finished call of the mountain.
now there is gt7, I could get full village and re4 remake. maybe I will wait until there is another crazy must have.
Yeah, as someone who loves GT7, the PSVR2 has become pretty much essential for me now. Red Matter 2 is also a must play on PSVR2, if a little short lived, which is the only issue I have with the majority of games released so far.

I’ve also never owned any other headset, so games like Beat Saber have also been a revelation for me, but I get where you’re coming from if you already have multiple VR headsets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom