• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Resident Evil 5" Demo Premiers Exclusively on Xbox 360 Starting January 26

From Capcom Press site.

Microsoft said:
“Resident Evil 5” Demo Premiers Exclusively on Xbox 360 Starting January 26

Xbox 360 gamers worldwide won’t have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get their hands on the highly-anticipated “Resident Evil 5.” The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26. In the demo, players will have a first glimpse of the fear they will never forget, as “Resident Evil 5” makes daylight just as terrifying as darkness. Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16.

Fans will have the opportunity to experience “Resident Evil 5’s” revolutionary new features early, including two-player co-op with voice chat along with new characters, weapons and environments. The demo is set within two stages from the beginning of the game – Assembly Place and Shanty Town -- featuring plenty of co-operative action, shooting, hordes of bloodthirsty infected Majini enemies and a few puzzles to round out the action. The demo has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 gamers will also be first to take on the new enemies in battle, including an army of weapon-wielding infected Majini, the gigantic hooded Majini Executioner and even the dreaded Chainsaw Majini. Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

In this hotly anticipated new title coming on March 13, Chris Redfield returns as the “Resident Evil” hero and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Joining forces with a new partner, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to discover the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing the new co-op mode, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience “Resident Evil” in new ways.

For more details, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/residentevil5 or http://www.residentevil.com.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hell yea! (at the demo coming)

Day before Fallout 3 DLC. Now we just need a Red Faction 3 demo end of this month with multiplayer to complete the cycle.

McLovin

I got lucky.. a friend of mine gave me a link to download the demo(it was a while ago so I don't think the link works anymore). I was surprised that the 360 lets you play demos off dvds your burn yourself.

dfyb

Banned
unless i have a reason to activate my 12 month card by then, my 360 won't be able to play the demo till it's already available on PSN anyway :lol

GG microsoft

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3

Halo 3?

From other thread:
It does say 'premier'.
Have to laugh at PR spin, silly hats in Redmond and else where.

I presume it won't be any different to the Japanese demo?

bryehn

McLovin said:
I got lucky.. a friend of mine gave me a link to download the demo(it was a while ago so I don't think the link works anymore). I was surprised that the 360 lets you play demos off dvds your burn yourself.

:O

I never knew it got leaked

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
kamorra said:

Left stock moves, right stick looks?

*shrug*

And yay, playing it again will be fun. Missed it since the whole lock thing, and then needing the space.

dfyb said:
unless i have a reason to activate my 12 month card by then, my 360 won't be able to play the demo till it's already available on PSN anyway :lol

GG microsoft

I didn't realize it said for gold members only. Interesting.

McLovin

Guys I'm pretty sure you can download the demo off your pc and burn it to dvd. You just put the folder in a burn it as a data disc. Your 360 will play it but you have to log off xbox live. I'm pretty sure torrents exist for the demo. Unless that's viewed as piracy. If that's the case then never mind.

dfyb

Banned
Bogie 19th said:
I didn't realize it said for gold members only. Interesting.
a while ago they changed it to where silver members get the demo a week later than gold members. i'm still waiting on skate 2 demo.

McLovin said:
Guys I'm pretty sure you can download the demo off your pc and burn it to dvd. You just put the folder in a burn it as a data disc. Your 360 will play it but you have to log off xbox live. I'm pretty sure torrents exist for the demo. Unless that's viewed as piracy. If that's the case then never mind.
i think neoGAF had given it the green light when it was found

reminder

So what date is it for PSN?

Thursday (january 29th, less than one week) or thursday (february 5th, more than one week)? I'm confused right now :lol

Edit: Oh, i see. I think they mean the demo is exclusive for the week starting january 26th, so the PSN demo should be out on february 5th, right?

Zophar

reminder said:
So what date is it for PSN?

Thursday (january 29th, less than one week) or thursday (february 5th, more than one week)? I'm confused right now :lol
If it were the fifth they would be claiming "two weeks of exclusivity", I'd bet.

bryehn

dfyb said:
a while ago they changed it to where silver members get the demo a week later than gold members. i'm still waiting on skate 2 demo.

i think neoGAF had given it the green light when it was found

A bunch of people did it with the Guitar Hero III demo as I recall...

GQman2121

Banned
newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

Thank god for Gears and Halo, or else we might not have these newer "Action" controls.

DoomGyver

Shiiiiit I played that a month ago.

And exclusive demos need to die, also exclusive gamestop demos need to die. *looks at KZ2*

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Sweet!!! Killzone 2 demo on Feb 3rd (via code from Gamestop preorder), then Resident Evil 5 demo a couple days later (assuming its 2/5..could be earlier)!

A 1 week exclusivity does seem rather strange...I mean, why even bother? :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
CosmicGroinPull said:
Microsoft: Kicking playstation fans while they're down

or

Sony: Too broke to care

I dunno 1 week is not bad. At least it's not like Tomb Raider (lol) where there was no demo at all on ps3

Volcynika

GQman2121 said:
newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

Thank god for Gears and Halo, or else we might not have these newer "Action" controls.

Yeah, I guess I have to ask why they even mentioned Halo 3. (I've not played it, but confused as to how it inspired new controls)

jjasper

CosmicGroinPull said:
Microsoft: Kicking playstation fans while they're down

or

Sony: Too broke to care

I doubt MS paid for this. Seems like it is just exclusive because Sony only updates on Thursday.

dfyb

Banned
Volcynika said:
Yeah, I guess I have to ask why they even mentioned Halo 3. (I've not played it, but confused as to how it inspired new controls)
they mentioned halo 3 because it's a prominent xbox game and they're trying to broaden the appeal of RE5. it's that simple.

Nizz

Full Recovery said:
Shiiiiit I played that a month ago.

And exclusive demos need to die, also exclusive gamestop demos need to die. *looks at KZ2*
Yep. This exclusive demo BS needs to stop already.

mittelos

Sweet- won't have to remember to sign off Live before starting the demo. Also interested to see how much gore was censored from the JPN version.

jaypah

Zophar said:
If it were the fifth they would be claiming "two weeks of exclusivity", I'd bet.

give CAPCOM a break. i mean.....it's CAPCOM!

edit* oh, it's from the CAPCOM press site by way of microsoft? well yeah, i'd expect MS PR to tout this.

Top Bottom