• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Noi

YES it's exactly what I'm on! I been playing as Piers though and I know you have to if I remember correctly. I've also been emblem hunting at the same time.

Thing is I'm not sure I can get on tonight, not for a little while longer at least.

Well, I'm not entirely against playing as Chris as long as it still nets me the Professional trophy, since I've already done 1-3 as Piers.

I always stay up late on weekends, so if you see me online, send me a message/invite and we'll roll out.

Bladenic

Well, I'm not entirely against playing as Chris as long as it still nets me the Professional trophy, since I've already done 1-3 as Piers.

I always stay up late on weekends, so if you see me online, send me a message/invite and we'll roll out.

Will do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Helena has the cool Hydra quick shot but she gets pretty lamed out for chapter 5. I'd pick Leon for sure.

Sojgat

Beat Chris and am about to start Leon's campaign - is it recommended to play as him or Helena?

Play as Leon, there's much fun to be had with his Wingshooters, especially if you unlock the stamina gauge upgrade skill.

On the topic of Leon, I want his Damnation outfit and loadout as Mercs DLC (pretty please Capcom).

97299975.jpg

Badass.

Bladenic

As for Chris' campaign it was definitely a good idea to play as Piers - for one thing he can collect all of the emblems.

I love Chris... but I may have had a tad more fun playing as Piers.

Also thanks to Noi for playing with me, was tons of fun. Actually that may have been my first prolonged co-op session for multiple chapters. It was SO much fun and better than solo. Jeez what was wrong with me before? Also got a secret trophy amongst all the emblems, thanks Noi!

Noi

I love Chris... but I may have had a tad more fun playing as Piers.

Also thanks to Noi for playing with me, was tons of fun. Actually that may have been my first prolonged co-op session for multiple chapters. It was SO much fun and better than solo. Jeez what was wrong with me before? Also got a secret trophy amongst all the emblems, thanks Noi!

I honestly wonder if it's possible to get hit in the
harrier. Maybe it's all the years of playing Ace Combat paying off. *flex*
I also love playing as Chris, but I'm not gonna deny it, that Anti-Material rifle is too fun.

And you're welcome! I do plan on eventually beating every character on every difficulty, so doing the main campaigns on co-op helps~

Bladenic

I honestly wonder if it's possible to get hit in the
harrier. Maybe it's all the years of playing Ace Combat paying off. *flex*
I also love playing as Chris, but I'm not gonna deny it, that Anti-Material rifle is too fun.

And you're welcome! I do plan on eventually beating every character on every difficulty, so doing the main campaigns on co-op helps~

I didn't get the trophy first time, so I must have got hit somehow haha. And I think I may end up doing the same, maybe after I get the Platinum.

Platinumed it this morning. Overall a severely disappointing experience, with some great moments. Favourite chapter was Leon 1, because it felt most like the classic RE without all the stupid J'Avo/Plaga bullshit that I didn't like in RE4/5/the rest of 6. Zombies remain my favourite enemy.

Graphics were hit and miss too, some areas (and the characters too) looked great, while others looked bland and uninspired

Stuff I hated the most was co-op door opening (in SP) and the bullshit "Raskaplanje get the three key thingies" that they decided to rehash in almost every campaign! WTF capcom it was good the first time, but annoying all the other times. Just felt lazy.

Nemesis_

I wonder if the team will plan some DLC (single player) besides all the mercenaries maps that are already going to be unlockable with RE.Net

The foundations are already there, I think with a bit more care and less rushing they could create some really nice self-contained experiences.

Lucent

I wonder if the team will plan some DLC (single player) besides all the mercenaries maps that are already going to be unlockable with RE.Net

The foundations are already there, I think with a bit more care and less rushing they could create some really nice self-contained experiences.

Yeah. What would be really cool is if they made some stuff "meanwhile" stuff for the characters who weren't in this game. Something like that.

And I gotta say after playing Leon's 3rd chapter
I really feel they need to reboot or something soon. Or at least make a spin-off or new series so they can go back to more of the puzzle/exploration heavy RE. Going through the catacombs felt too over used for me. I felt like it was too similar to the odd "and all of a sudden there was this ancient place that for some reason had leers and stuff everywhere". I love the new moves and stuff, and I can appreciate RE6 for what it is, but I feel like it's becoming too arcadey. It was fin when it was just zombies walking around, but then they started coming out of nowhere in the catacombs and stuff and just jumping in and stuff. I don't know I feel like the game feels wrong.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up for a Professional run on 360? I have a pretty messed up sleep schedule right now due to being sick, so I figure I might as well get some Pro chapters out of the way.

Nemesis_

Yeah. What would be really cool is if they made some stuff "meanwhile" stuff for the characters who weren't in this game. Something like that.

And I gotta say after playing Leon's 3rd chapter
I really feel they need to reboot or something soon. Or at least make a spin-off or new series so they can go back to more of the puzzle/exploration heavy RE. Going through the catacombs felt too over used for me. I felt like it was too similar to the odd "and all of a sudden there was this ancient place that for some reason had leers and stuff everywhere". I love the new moves and stuff, and I can appreciate RE6 for what it is, but I feel like it's becoming too arcadey. It was fin when it was just zombies walking around, but then they started coming out of nowhere in the catacombs and stuff and just jumping in and stuff. I don't know I feel like the game feels wrong.

They kind of explain it, story-wise. But I guess I know what you mean.

Hmm...hi-res version of your avatar?
here

*mind blown*

She did? Holy shit. No wonder I like Rebecca so much in RE5. Sakura is one of my favorite fighting game characters ever and her English voice actress did her justice. Sucks I can't get those Tatsu loop links down though. :(

She also co directed the voice acting for most of the recent REs
she also does a bunch of voices for "cute" anime characters,
Hinata, Mikuru, Orihime etc.

I noticed something really cool just now. The enemy you stab with a pipe as you throw him off the plane in Leon’s campaign (its in chapter 4) can be seen on the ground in China with the pipe still stuck in him.

I had seen the enemy numerous times before dead on the ground but I never put it together. I never saw Leon stab him with a pipe as he gets sucked out of the plane......so that did it for me. Nice little detail!

Phew! I died there more than any other point in the game and all I was thinking was how fucking difficult it must be in co-op.

The infamous rope climbing section didn't even grant me one death. 8)

I died 4 or 5 times on solo, did it on the first try on co-op.
AI Piers was the problem.

Afrocious

Going with what was said earlier about Leon's campaign, I think his campaign was the worst. Not to say it was bad. It's like a well-done steak when I prefer medium lol.

NPCs were too disposable in his chapters, and like someone said, Leon and Helena were honestly bad luck from beginning to end.

Also his story took him through settings I can't describe outside of using the word 'setpieces'. Another earlier post makes a better note of this with the appropriate spoiler tags. They weren't used with the same satisfying flow as they did with Jake's. Perhaps it's because Jake's made sense within the context of his and Sherry's situation.

Chris' was my favorite campaign. Despite certain badly implemented events, everywhere Chris was and everything he did made sense. People complain about his campaign being a straight up third person shooter with the awesome RE6 acrobatics, but considering he's a BSAA jarhead fighting bioterrorism on the frontlines, it would be unusual if he wasn't in a literal warzone against the J'avo.

Chris was also my favorite character throughout this whole C-Virus ordeal due to his personal vendetta steadily getting in the way of his job to the point where he nearly becomes irrational. Piers balances him out, and it's visible in Piers that taking Chris' recklessness is heavy on him. The two have good chemistry that's suitable for them. They aren't the fun and teasing Jake and Sherry, but they're not trying to be.

I have no idea what was going on between Leon and Helena for the entire 5 chapters for Leon. At first, I thought the awkwardness between them was funny, but then realized it was serious upon Chapter 5. Capcom dun goofed in Chapter 5. I can't even look at Leon the same way in RE4 anymore.

Replicant

PS3 Jake Pro run anyone? I'd prefer playing as Sherry, but either is fine.

Warning: a few emblems are only reachable as Sherry.

Also, I think I'm getting really good at it. I just redid the entire Jake Chapter 1 on Pro without much difficulty even the Helicopter part of it. I remember it took me ages just to take down the Chopters back on my normal run.

Bladenic

Chris is my favorite character too. Idk about fave campaign though... I really like Leon's. Leon was the most boring character though, and Helena was the worst character out of the new ones, and the overall.

Chris is my favorite character too. Idk about fave campaign though... I really like Leon's. Leon was the most boring character though, and Helena was the worst character out of the new ones, and the overall.
Helena started out ok imo but after chapter 2 she didn't get any more development.

Sherry is too awesome now, I need a game with her and Claire. Fuck the boys, girl power.
She went from the bottom of the list to my 3rd favorite, slightly below Jill with this game.

Z3M0G

Such bullshit that if you choose to jump into your buddy's game cause he invited you, you lose your own progress in your own single player game... wouldn't be so bad if some chapters weren't 2 fucking hours long.

Bladenic

Helena started out ok imo but after chapter 2 she didn't get any more development.

She went from the bottom of the list to my 3rd favorite, slightly below Jill with this game.

Helena was okay, BUT the way she acted in Chapters 1-2, and the fact that Leon put up with her shit, was really annoying.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Such bullshit that if you choose to jump into your buddy's game cause he invited you, you lose your own progress in your own single player game... wouldn't be so bad if some chapters weren't 2 fucking hours long.

Yeah I've had to turn down some invites that'd I'd normally accept because of this. Especially when you don;t even know if you'll have time to finish the chapter with them. I don't want to risk bombing my own for basically nothing...

Chapters are a little too long. At first i didn't mind, but it's become bothersome, and hurt the co-op quite a bit.

Helena was okay, BUT the way she acted in Chapters 1-2, and the fact that Leon put up with her shit, was really annoying.

Well, she was his only lead. Up to that point he had nothing... and then someone next to him says "I did this. Follow me and I'll tell you". I guess he could have not gone with her, or tried to beat it out of her... (that would make for a short game) but he had nothing without her, and she was offering to give up the plot. So in the context that this is a game, and he was trying to understand what happened, it makes sense he followed her. I guess. It's a game.

edit: and if you say it in your head, the explanation she would have to give Leon...
implicating the National Security Advisor in this crazy plot... why not show him the lab just a few miles away? Give him some real evidence.

Nemesis_

Helena should've just gotten eaten by Lepotitsa then it miraculously turned out that Claire was one of the survivors.

BAM.

Top Bottom