• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to a lot of RE6 podcasts and it seems that everyone who hates on this game is doing it because it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. "The enemies have machine guns HURR DURR this game is terrible. They're trying to be like the Resident Evil movies HURR DURR ain't I funny. Chris is just a buff marine in a bad TPS HURR DURR."

It's getting pretty annoying, especially since if someone actually enjoys the game the other podcasters always talk to him in disbelief. "Did we play the same game? Did you fall asleep? How could you not see how terrible that section was?" In one sense it's pretty interesting to see the reactions to this game, but the people who hate this game are so awed and shocked when they hear that someone enjoys the game. It's like they can't fathom that someone could enjoy this experience.

Overall though I feel like people are judging it on the basis of it being an RE game, rather than it being just a game.

2scoops

I sure wish RE.net would hurry up and update. When it finally decides to do so, I'm going to have a galactic shit ton of points to spend.

I've been listening to a lot of RE6 podcasts and it seems that everyone who hates on this game is doing it because it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. "The enemies have machine guns HURR DURR this game is terrible. They're trying to be like the Resident Evil movies HURR DURR ain't I funny. Chris is just a buff marine in a bad TPS HURR DURR."

It's getting pretty annoying, especially since if someone actually enjoys the game the other podcasters always talk to him in disbelief. "Did we play the same game? Did you fall asleep? How could you not see how terrible that section was?" In one sense it's pretty interesting to see the reactions to this game, but the people who hate this game are so awed and shocked when they hear that someone enjoys the game. It's like they can't fathom that someone could enjoy this experience.

That's because the game has clear design problems. I'm replaying Leon's campaign (as Helena) and the level design, even in the best bits (Chapter 2) is very underwhelming. The real strenght of the game is the combat, and even so, I can see why for a lot people that isn't enough.

Of course, that dosn't mean the game deserves so much hate. But if for some reason, the combat dosn't click with you (bceause you didn't use it properly or any other reason) all there is it, is a very frustrating experience.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That's because the game has clear design problems. I'm replaying Leon's campaign (as Helena) and the level design, even in the best bits (Chapter 2) is very underwhelming. The real strenght of the game is the combat, and even so, I can see why for a lot people that isn't enough.

Of course, that dosn't mean the game deserves so much hate. But if for some reason, the combat dosn't click with you (bceause you didn't use it properly or any other reason) all there is it, is a very frustrating experience.

I guess I will agree that if you don't know what you're doing it could be annoying, and I guess Capcom could have mitigated a lot of the hate by actually explaining the mechanics of the game to players. That's inexcusable. But overall I feel like people who hate it are doing so because it doesn't feel like RE, rather than because there are bad mechanics underlying the game.

Neiteio

Level design is fine, imo. It alternates enough between corridors, small rooms and wide open areas, and the path you follow winds in on itself enough to establish a sense of place and progression, which is all I need as a backdrop to the core gameplay of sliding, diving, dodging, rolling, etc. :)

And Host Samurai: I see where you're coming from regarding the bosses now. Still, don't you think the final form of
Simmons
was appropriately horrific? It literally called to mind the classic horror film
"The Fly"
, and I thought the bit where he first appears in that form,
climbing down the opposite tower, eyeing me as I rode the transport, and then gradually flying closer
was just downright eerie and unsettling. There's something very unsettling about
the face of a fly with their compound eyes and tube-like snout
, and given what he was based on, it was quite appropriate that he
fed on corpses much like a real fly, and in this case to the point he became so bloated he could hardly move at the end
. I just feel the final form of Leon's boss was really iconic and creepy (and a lot of fun to fight, imo).
Thinning out the crowd while simultaneously damaging the leg joints and finding a moment to harpoon a zombie with the lightning rod, all while dodging the zombies and stab attacks and spitballs
, made for a hectic and relentless battle.

Curufinwe

So is the
Jeep
sequence the one that people hate? Because even though it wasn't great, I only died once and got restarted at full health so it was a frustration free experience. Jake's one was worse.

With 10 chapters complete, RE 6 has done checkpoints very well so far.

Nemesis_

That segment really captured the insanity of the character for me. You really got hit home how much this shit affected them.

bumpkin

So after it doing very little to blow my skirt up within the first hour or two, I finally went back to the game and continued playing the Leon campaign yesterday. I completed chapter 1 and am now who-knows-how-far into chapter 2.
I'm at the underground lab when you first see all the big fluid-filled chambers. Managed to die during the wonderful mob of zombies that came out while I was in the corridors with water on the floor and open vents at floor level everywhere.
Taking into account some of the mechanics that were explained in that other thread, I find that I'm disliking the game a bit less, but it still does not feel like an RE to me. We'll see if it grows on me more... I mean it's grown on me at least a little, so who knows.

Level design is fine, imo. It alternates enough between corridors, small rooms and wide open areas, and the path you follow winds in on itself enough to establish a sense of place and progression, which is all I need as a backdrop to the core gameplay of sliding, diving, dodging, rolling, etc. :)

Level design is very weak for me. The covers feels very random in a lot of places (also cover is prety usless given the combat) and the different scenarios neither offers very fun combat situations, in clear contrast to something like RE4 or Vanquish, which both really shine in that department.

Also I think the game co-op parts are worse than in RE5.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So after it doing very little to blow my skirt up within the first hour or two, I finally went back to the game and continued playing the Leon campaign yesterday. I completed chapter 1 and am now who-knows-how-far into chapter 2.
I'm at the underground lab when you first see all the big fluid-filled chambers. Managed to die during the wonderful mob of zombies that came out while I was in the corridors with water on the floor and open vents at floor level everywhere.
Taking into account some of the mechanics that were explained in that other thread, I find that I'm disliking the game a bit less, but it still does not feel like an RE to me. We'll see if it grows on me more... I mean it's grown on me at least a little, so who knows.

Go into it expecting a shooter and not a survival horror game and you should be pleasantly surprised. There really isn't much horror to be had in this game, but it is damn fun as an action game.

I thought the level design was fine, honestly. Most sections were pretty fun and had interesting aspects that made them stand out from generic TPS fare (flip these two switches while you're being assaulted by enemies, avoid this massive B.O.W., help these two intersecting co-op partners). The strength of this game I think is in the creature design, particularly the mutations, which are really a puzzle unto themselves. You never know how an enemy is going to mutate, so you try to pick your shots carefully lest they turn into a Chrysalid.

I would say that mutations are probably RE6's unique gameplay hook, and going forward I would like to see them expand on this formula. Over the course of a few seconds you can go from fighting 5 regular guys with guns to a flying B.O.W. with wings, a lizard monster that shoots spikes at you, and two guys with huge, overextended arms. It forces you to change your strategy on the fly, and there are so damn many mutations that you never run out of crazy situations.

Riposte

I wonder about Slayers. Dodging and roll work against gun fire because AI shoot in a clumsy, predictable manner. A human precisely aiming ought to make short work of acrobatics.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I wonder about Slayers. Dodging and roll work against gun fire because AI shoot in a clumsy, predictable manner. A human precisely aiming ought to make short work of acrobatics.

I'm more worried about quickshot... I think it should be disabled against human enemies (unless they are playing as a B.O.W.).

Afrocious

I do agree that the bosses' visual design in this game and some in RE4, 5, and 6 do feel off-the-wall and more outrageous than what was initially presented to us in the originals.

I'm just spoilering everything here cause I'm lazy and I go into detail about some bosses spread across the RE series, including 6. Everything below is my 2 cents on boss designs.

I know exactly what it meant to say designs like the forms of Birkin were grounded. Within the context of human experiments gone wrong and the subjects steadily losing their humanity or have lost their humanity but still have some shred of it, folks like Birkin and Nemesis were pretty awesome and somewhat chilling to look at. Throughout RE2 and 3, you saw both of them lose their humanoid forms over the course of the game (Birkin more gradually than Nemesis IIRC).

Also with the giant snakes and spiders, they were only big due to the viruses in them. It's always been established that animals just get huge in the RE universe.

Now I know it's silly to talk about things making sense in most videogames, especially when it comes to Resident Evil, but Simmons was awesome, but silly. Perhaps that's what Capcom was going for? I don't know. But he was awesome and silly because he was a literal human Transformer who disregarded the laws of physics on the fly. His first form - the smaller dog (or whatever it was) was fine because it wasn't much bigger than his human stature. Then he became the bigger dog, which would've made more sense to me if he had been incapacitated and weakened over the course of the game's story and came back that strong and mutated due to his injuries. However, transforming completely back to his 'human' form would've been out the question cause he wouldn't have been able to store all of his mas in his relatively tiny human body.

The dinosaur was awesome, but either Simmons could not fully return to his human state or he should've become a very tall raptor. Not a T-rex. I'm all for human Predacons but when he transformed back into his human form so Leon and Helena could pummel him, I thought it was so stupid, that it was too awesome for my mind to register. Also I don't know how many hours passed between Leon and Helena fighting Simmons on that train and fighting him as a dinosaur. Him being able to get that huge seemed to fast, but it's explained by him being given an enhanced C-virus that speeds up mutations. However there was too much structure and control with Simmons. He was still somewhat sane and could still talk too, and most troubling of all was that he still had form, or in this case, forms. I found Carla to be more aesthetically pleasing in the gruesomeness of Resident Evil. She mutated so fast that she was literally nothing. And out of my own benefit, I'm going to assume her goo got so expansive cause she was absorbing J'avo. I have no idea if that's really the case cause I don't have all the files, but it makes that whole setpiece a bit more awesome in my eyes.

Oddly enough, I actually found the Simmons fly form at the end of Leon's chapter to make more sense than the dinosaur because Simmons was integrating zombies into his flesh. It made sense. How did he get big? Why, he simply sucked up a ton of the zombies walking around and became huge. I would've preferred he became some kind of bastardization of anything we players could interpret with our eyes (or a big generic blob with eyes and claws or some shit like that), but hey at least it was grounded enough for me in sense.

I really can't comment on the Haos because I haven't gotten any files on it I think. It looked cool and I enjoyed out it at least had its organs intact, despite being in that cocoon for however long it was in there.

joe2187

Banned
So I'm looking for some good artwork or concept art as a desktop background for my pc, and I think...hey tumblr might be a good place to look. <----This was a mistake

and they said RE6 wasn't scary

Vamphuntr

Level design is very weak for me. The covers feels very random in a lot of places (also cover is prety usless given the combat) and the different scenarios neither offers very fun combat situations, in clear contrast to something like RE4 or Vanquish, which both really shine in that department.

Also I think the game co-op parts are worse than in RE5.

I definitely agree with this. The coop felt much worse to me than in RE5 simply because so many events can result in an insta fail. It seems this game is less frustrating in singleplayer than in coop while it was the opposite with RE5. At least the AI cannot die/fail and knows what to do here.

Outside of 2-3 good coop gimmicks, most felt really boring or plainly bad to me.

I do think the combat was really well done. You can actually dodge efficiently, use quick shot to quickly clear a path and your melee attacks are powerful enough so that you can conserve ammo.

The issue for us was more about the awful "kill wall" chases/vehicle sequences/badly scripted events which were dreadful in coop.

It seems that they had too many ideas for this game and that there wasn't anyone around the table during brainstorming sessions to simply say "no".

I'm really curious to see how the upcoming DLC
Ada's Coop
will play out as this campaign was really gimmicky. I can't really see how scenes will work out in this mode as
most of her areas are in really narrow corridors with kill walls chasing you. The submarine part is probably going to be annoying since the timing is really tight to evade the flood and now you will be 2 people climbing the ladders and crawling through ducts. Same for the chase with the chainsaw thing and Carla. The corridors are so narrow I don't see how this will work out. Many events also required the grappling hook prompt too. I also wonder if her partner will even have lines as he doesn't even appear in crossover parts.

Blizzje

Are there any big differences in terms of graphical quality when comparing the X360 and PS3 version? I've played the demo's for both systems and the PS3 version seems to have the most details. Anyone who can comment on the full version of the game(s)?

I bought the game yesterday, and I thought about doing an extensive write up on my experience so far with the game, but it would be easier to say I dislike pretty much almost everything about the gameplay really. Hate how the guns handle now( some subtle changes there for the worse), the awkward zombie encounters in these small rooms or tight corridors, the pacing so far, the non-intuitive controls,the loss of weapon upgrades and the merchant, and so on. I pretty much disregarded the thought of getting this game based off of the demo, but my friend told me the final version was a lot better, but I should have realized that I thought too little of the core gameplay in the demo to have ever have liked the game.Guess it was blind hope that led me to buy the game in the end, and now i regret it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any big differences in terms of graphical quality when comparing the X360 and PS3 version? I've played the demo's for both systems and the PS3 version seems to have the most details. Anyone who can comment on the full version of the game(s)?

According to Eurogamer both versions seem pretty close, though there are certain differences. I think the 360 is missing bloom in certain spots, while the PS3 has muddier textures in certain cases. I also think the 360 has a frame or two of input lag that the PS3 doesn't have, whereas the 360 keeps a slightly higher average framerate.

Honestly it's a wash between the two, but I think the PS3 would probably edge it out considering it has no input lag (I'm playing on 360).

I bought the game yesterday, and I thought about doing an extensive write up on my experience so far with the game, but it would be easier to say I dislike pretty much almost everything about the gameplay really. Hate how the guns handle now( some subtle changes there for the worse), the awkward zombie encounters in these small rooms or tight corridors, the pacing so far, the non-intuitive controls,the loss of weapon upgrades and the merchant, and so on. I pretty much disregarded the thought of getting this game based off of the demo, but my friend told me the final version was a lot better, but I should have realized that I thought too little of the core gameplay in the demo to have ever have liked the game.Guess it was blind hope that led me to buy the game in the end, and now i regret it.

Can I make a suggestion? Watch some Mercenaries videos online and put some time into it yourself. Or find a spot in the campaign that has a wide open area with no enemies and experiment with the gameplay mechanics. Do the stuff from this thread and get a hang of it. Once you learn the combat mechanics I imagine you will have much more fun with this game.

Sectus

I'm never going to understand why Capcom doesn't just create a LFD style multiplayer to replace Mercs. Just not a big fan of it.

They're not replacing mercs because there's a ton of people who enjoy it.

Anyway, you might get what you want as the multiplayer DLC modes for the game have a heavy focus on team modes where one team are agents and the other team control BOWs.

And Host Samurai: I see where you're coming from regarding the bosses now. Still, don't you think the final form of
Simmons
was appropriately horrific? It literally called to mind the classic horror film
"The Fly"
, and I thought the bit where he first appears in that form,
climbing down the opposite tower, eyeing me as I rode the transport, and then gradually flying closer
was just downright eerie and unsettling. There's something very unsettling about
the face of a fly with their compound eyes and tube-like snout
, and given what he was based on, it was quite appropriate that he
fed on corpses much like a real fly, and in this case to the point he became so bloated he could hardly move at the end
. I just feel the final form of Leon's boss was really iconic and creepy (and a lot of fun to fight, imo).
Thinning out the crowd while simultaneously damaging the leg joints and finding a moment to harpoon a zombie with the lightning rod, all while dodging the zombies and stab attacks and spitballs
, made for a hectic and relentless battle.

Not horrific, but very cool looking nonetheless. Really reminded me out of something in Lost Planet and not very Tyrant like. Leon's boss in chapter 3? i believe it was is much more in tune with the Resident Evil series.

Jake's boss was the most Resident Evily boss out of the 3, but LMFAO at the final segment. Cheesy is written all over it, but at least it was fun

KingJ2002

I havent had much time to put into this game but i finally beat leon's chapter and started to move into chris chapter.

So far i gotta say that this game is definitely underrated. The game is fun... and more eerie and atmospheric than RE5... sure there are cheesy lines and the QTE can be frustrating when you first come across them but ultimately this is a good game that has the vibe of a blockbuster movie.

I will say that RE is in need of a reboot. The story has gotten to the point of no return and unless you've been playing for 15 years... you'll never know what's going on in the story without reading a fan made story guide.

A reboot will give Capcom the time to re-invent a new control scheme, refine their gameplay mechanics, and focus more on atmosphere and story telling instead of rolling Resident Evil, Gears of War, and Call of Duty into one game.

Riposte

Jake's final boss feels like a rendition of the final boss of RE5 really (much better with dodge mechanics, lol). It even sort of ends the same way with that final QTE.

Riposte

I do agree that its time for a reboot. There is no place to take the story now. Make it more like RE4 and LiN in tone.

Or they could just do what they did with RE4 and not have the overarching story front and center. It would be very easy just to have an unnamed bioterrorism attack occur somewhere and you play as a survivor. Rebooting would only limit their options, as it is unlikely they would go back.

Jake's final boss feels like a rendition of the final boss of RE5 really (much better with dodge mechanics, lol). It even sort of ends the same way with that final QTE.

Reminded me more of the Tyrant/Birkin/Nemesis battles with updated mechanics and controls more than RE5's boss.

Neiteio

I'd prefer they stick with this story. They could go interesting places with a potential Jake and Sherry romance, not to mention Chris and Jill (I think it could happen) and of course Leon and Ada. We still don't know what this organization,
The Family
, ultimately hopes to accomplish, though it's clear they have an Illumanti-like level of influence on world events. And really, every crazy new incident just adds a rich new wrinkle to the wild stories of these different characters. It's fun to think back on all the adventures these characters have been through, and to think where they'll go next. The lore and characters are a great part of RE's appeal, so I hope they never do away with it for a reboot.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, I don't think this game needs a reboot. I actually really like all the characters, even though the villain in this game is pretty forgettable after Wesker's masterful turn in RE5. Chris has really grown on me over the course of RE5 and RE6 as I can tell that he's gone through some trying shit, and Jake and Sherry really grew as characters over the course of the game, to the point where you feel there's an actual human connection between the two of them at the end. Leon didn't really do much growing in this game, with the exception of staring listlessly at Ada as he's done ever since RE2 (seriously man, get some new material).

Rebooting the series would throw all that out the window, and it would really bother me. Keep the characters, keep the ridiculous action/dodge/slide/melee moveset, and just focus on giving us a tighter, more balanced experience. And hell, if it can be 25-30 hours again, then why the hell not.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I do agree that its time for a reboot. There is no place to take the story now. Make it more like RE4 and LiN in tone.
I would only hope that if they did do a reboot they'd retire some (and by some I mean most) of the characters. Are they going to be in their 40s still fighting zombies? Unless it's like an alternate storyline reboot, a la Tomb Raider. Cause clearly at this point Lara wouldn't be in her 20s.

I don't know where they should go with Leon or Ada.
Sherry i'd like to see again.

I wouldn't mind another Chris & Jill BSAA game either.
reveal the original 11, have or mention Rebecca and maybe mention that Barry retired in a file.(never going to happen)

Bittercup

Just finished the final chapters for Jake and Chris. After a quite boring level a surprisingly pleasant boss fight at least playing as Sherry and some cute cutscenes :)
I really like the whole campaign very much. Didn't have big low points, nicely balanced and variety with the settings and great character interaction.
Chris' ending was interesting but the level itself just horrible, especially the part with the closing doors and instant deaths. Still got an A rank with just one death despite dying multiple times at those doors and at the boss fight. Haven't figured out what the game counts as a death and what not.
Overall a pretty good campaign as well, which I didn't expect beforehand. Mostly because of Chris/Piers, not so much because of the levels, which were still mostly ok.
For tomorrow I have the last chapter for Leon and will start the bonus campaign.
So far it's definitively one of the most enjoyable games for me this year :)

If they do go a sequel route in the next game I would like for it to take place in India. The potential of an outbreak there would be epic. Going through a diseased slums of Mumbai would fighting hordes of creatures would be perfect for the series. If they do the 3 stories again they should retire Chris.

Leon/Barry
Rebecca/Jake
Billy/Claire

I do like the idea of separate characters. Reminds me of the Resident Evil 1 &2 days.

News Bot

Banned

No place to take the story?

We've still got Ada and her organization, both almost completely unknown and with Ada's relationship with Leon unresolved.

We've still got Alex Wesker.

We've still got The Family.

We've still got B.O.W.s on the black market.

They can make a game more like 4 and LiN in tone without suddenly scrapping a well-established universe and lore that still has plenty of spaces to fill. The reboot idea is irritating, especially when people will bitch and moan the minute one is announced anyway (for good reason or not).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If they do go a sequel route in the next game I would like for it to take place in India. The potential of an outbreak there would be epic. Going through a diseased slums of Mumbai would fighting hordes of creatures would be perfect for the series. If they do the 3 stories again they should retire Chris.

Leon/Barry
Rebecca/Jake
Billy/Claire

I do like the idea of separate characters. Reminds me of the Resident Evil 1 &2 days.

I'd love to see something set in the Middle East actually, mainly because I want to see crumbling, devastated Middle Eastern architecture and ruins. Now that would be sick.

BTW has anyone seen this RE6 QTE parody song? It's pretty funny. :)

SkylineRKR

No place to take the story?

We've still got Ada and her organization, both almost completely unknown and with Ada's relationship with Leon unresolved.

We've still got Alex Wesker.

We've still got The Family.

We've still got B.O.W.s on the black market.

They can make a game more like 4 and LiN in tone without suddenly scrapping a well-established universe and lore that still has plenty of spaces to fill. The reboot idea is irritating, especially when people will bitch and moan the minute one is announced anyway (for good reason or not).

All of them would make for an uninteresting plot imo. The Family is whack, its the patriots all of a sudden. Ada is annoying, as is her relationship with Leon. Alex Wesker would be lame as we've got Jake Muller now.

I'd rather see RE going back to a more confined environment. LiN was possible because they already put flashbacks (events that were unknown to the viewer also) into RE5.

Raccoon City was a perfect setting for RE, maybe it shouldn't have been nuked. There was talk about an RE2 remake, but I guess RE3 could work with todays mechanics. Its a fast paced action game through numerous locations that would probably work in co-op as well (with Nemesis chasing the players throughout the city). ORC should die.

I wouldn't need to see a reboot here either. Continue forward with current characters, resolve some relationships, smartly integrate the wider world of current characters. Maybe dealing with a great potential threat but one with more focus, less globe-trotting.

If they wanted, Chris and Jill could become an acknowledged thing easily enough with little further exposition, it would just be natural and then that's that, the action can commence. Leon and Ada is a big draw that the writers probably don't want to give up yet, but something more definitive is needed. That would probably be better happening during events in a future game (even if they aren't the mains), where she is compelled to not just run off and leave him behind. And along with that maybe she decides to let him (and us) in on more of what she has going on behind the scenes.

Neiteio

I'd like the "four campaign" concept revisited, only this time make all four available from the onset. Let's team up Barry and Rebecca, Barry acting as a father figure to Rebecca. Let's see Chris and Jill reunited, and Leon and Claire. And let's see Jake and Sherry return -- their chemistry is great, and I'd like to see Chris and Jake work out their Wesker matters some more. The crossover potential is great, effectively reuniting the STARS team at points, and Leon/Claire/Sherry at others. Have them explore slums in Mumbai, India; flavelas in Brazil; sun-baked cities in the Middle East; and a chateau and surrounding countryside in France (an unlisted Spencer estate, perhaps, retrofitted by Neo-Umbrella?).

Neiteio

I'd like the "four campaign" concept revisited, only this time make all four available from the onset. Let's team up Barry and Rebecca, Barry acting as a father figure to Rebecca. Let's see Chris and Jill reunited, and Leon and Claire. And let's see Jake and Sherry return -- their chemistry is great, and I'd like to see Chris and Jake work out their Wesker matters some more. The crossover potential is great, effectively reuniting the STARS team at points, and Leon/Claire/Sherry at others. Have them explore slums in Mumbai, India; flavelas in Brazil; sun-baked cities in the Middle East; and a chateau and surrounding countryside in France (an unlisted Spencer estate, perhaps, retrofitted by Neo-Umbrella?).
To add to this: France could have quaint cobblestone villages, rolling green countryside, abbey ruins, deep woods, an ornate chateau; the Middle East could have dusty settlements, gravelly mountains, oil refineries, and a rich resort town (was it Dubai that had manmade islands?); Brazil could have a ritzy city, the neighboring flavelas (shanty towns), terraced hillsides, a rail yard, diamond mines, and the Amazon rainforest; and India could have slums, bustling marketplaces, rivers, and a palace with architecture reminiscent of the Taj Mahal. For starters. Overrun these places with monsters and pick interesting weather choices like the warm darkness of a gathering storm, and it's gold, Jerry, gold!

News Bot

Banned
All of them would make for an uninteresting plot imo. The Family is whack, its the patriots all of a sudden. Ada is annoying, as is her relationship with Leon. Alex Wesker would be lame as we've got Jake Muller now.

I'd rather see RE going back to a more confined environment. LiN was possible because they already put flashbacks (events that were unknown to the viewer also) into RE5.

Raccoon City was a perfect setting for RE, maybe it shouldn't have been nuked. There was talk about an RE2 remake, but I guess RE3 could work with todays mechanics. Its a fast paced action game through numerous locations that would probably work in co-op as well (with Nemesis chasing the players throughout the city). ORC should die.

Uninteresting or not, they need to be closed before I'll ever be able to accept a reboot properly.

I'd like to see a more confined environment too, something a lot more gothic horror. A castle in a snow-drowned environment or something, a nice blend of all the best elements of BH1/REmake//BH4/BH4 Progenitor/Revelations/Lost In Nightmares. Leon could finally properly wear that balls-dropping awesome B3 bomber jacket. Perhaps one with a bioterrorism attack on a city played through two campaigns: a single-player only campaign with a regular Joe survivor, and a co-op campaign of two or more BSAA agents. There's a lot of potential left in the series.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If we're doing four campaigns next time as well (which I really enjoyed actually), then here's my fanboy wishlist:

1. Chris/Jill - Really the best team in RE history, so let's just put them back together yeah?

2. Leon/Ada - It's about time Leon and Ada worked together throughout an entire game instead of Ada making random appearances in Leon's campaigns. Should be an interesting dynamic as Leon is very ethical whereas Ada may be willing to do more questionable things to get the job done. I feel like they would play well off each other.

3. Claire/Sherry - I feel like it's time we saw what Claire was up to, and who better to reunite her with than the little girl she saved in RE2 who consequently saved the world in RE6?

And then once you finish those three campaigns you unlock the super-secret fourth campaign:

4. Albert Wesker - That's right, HE'S BACK!! To be honest I don't know how they would bring him back, but honestly I don't care. I just want him to come back and wreck shit for everyone and their dog. Maybe have him kill Rebecca so people will stop whining for Capcom to put her in a game.

SkylineRKR

Wesker could come back and I would forgive Capcom for a retcon like that. He was my favourite character in the series when his screen time was limited, although he was actually dead at the end of RE1. Wesker deserved better than what he got in RE5, he died in my least favourite RE campaign ever for the sake of Global Saturation. His powers need to be toned down, its retarded. In CV it was a bit over the edge, tolerable for me, but in RE5 he was just teleporting and being Neo and all.

Fucking Kazuya came back out of a Volcano and laughed. So what do deaths like that mean these days?

Maybe just tie up Barry and Rebecca, though I do like some of the suggestions given here if the story was going to continue. 3 or 4 separate stories that don't intervene with each other would be awesome.

Leon/Claire - India
Barry/Rebecca - Brazil
Chris'/Jill - France
Sherry/Jake ???

I liked Sherry in the game, but Jake was awful.

Wesker needs to stay dead. He was the coolest when he died in RE1 and there was speculation that he was the Nemesis during Resident Evil 3. This made for some fun discussions.

If Wesker ever did come back, not that I want him to
only Chris & Jill should be the ones to defeat him again, none of that Sheva crap.
His final fight should be more like
Simmons' in length

Riposte

Wesker needs to stay dead. He was the coolest when he died in RE1 and there was speculation that he was the Nemesis during Resident Evil 3. This made for some fun discussions.

Wesker in RE1 was kind of a joke lol. Chris laughing in his face is hilarious in retrospect.

Also he is fucking DEAD. I'm pretty sure the method he died was decided on the fact that they didn't want anyone to think "Oh, they will just bring him back". He didn't meet his end falling off a cliff, he didn't just get stabbed... he got DECAPITATED by TWO flying RPGs into LAVA and then EXPLODED. DEAD.

Top Bottom