• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Riposte

Ogroman is fucking stupid. Playing on Veteran by myself, I activate the QTE and button mash as fast as I can but still lose EVERY. TIME. I can't beat this boss and because it's a checkpoint the game won't save at that part so I can attempt it later.

Apparently "Breakout" makes this significantly easier, but why the hell is the auto-QTE option not in the in-game menu and double-WTF is why the hell it doesn't work for these QTE's?

If you are talking about doing that attack on him, that doesn't constitute a "QTE" I believe. If you are having a problem spinning the stick, consider spinning both at the same time. I never found mashing buttons that tough though (even on No Hope).

Riposte

I am waiting for the PC release, question regarding the campaine:

Is there an order to play the Campaign or you can start with anyone you want?

Yes and no. This one posted in the OP makes the most sense in terms of presentation:

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5

EDIT: Oops, that's not the edit button.

Isn't there something in the game that discourages you from switching between stories like that? I think I'm going to wait for the PC version and I'm interested in this "ideal order" stuff too.

Riposte

Isn't there something in the game that discourages you from switching between stories like that? I think I'm going to wait for the PC version and I'm interested in this "ideal order" stuff too.

Nope. You are only discouraged to change characters within one campaign. Your weapons and items are saved to the character.

Btw, this is before they implemented episodes. Maybe you can squeeze out a more thematically appropriate order, but I wouldn't bother.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you are talking about doing that attack on him, that doesn't constitute a "QTE" I believe. If you are having a problem spinning the stick, consider spinning both at the same time. I never found mashing buttons that tough though (even on No Hope).

It's mashing X on that pulling the thing out to impale him with it QTE.

TheSeks

So, I had breakaway unlocked already. Made that bit SIGNIFICANTLY easier. WTF was Capcom thinking with the default mashing for that?

Anyway, Leon chapter 1 was amazing. It reminded me the first Bio: Outbreak's "file"/episode: "Outbreak." Where you have to escape the bar, jump a roof, and get down to the street to make it to the Police station. I liked it more than Chris 1-2 and Jake 1-2. Frankly, I kinda wish (if the rest of Leon's episode is like this) they made Bio6 just this and expanded it to where the "intersecting stories" was like Outbreak. In fact, if Capcom is reading this: make a HUGE open sandbox "MMO" Raccoon City. Not Operation: Turd City, but an actual co-op/versus type experince where you have a living breathing Raccoon City realized. Would be nice to explore and survive in.

Gyrian

Anyway, Leon chapter 1 was amazing. It reminded me the first Bio: Outbreak's "file"/episode: "Outbreak."

RE6 and the Outbreak games were directed by the same man, so it's not just a passing familiarity. :D
For me, it was the mood in the chapel that really clinched it with the randomly cussing survivors.

The trophies for Siege mode are annoying considering how hard it actually is to kill agents... trying to get them into dying mode, the invisibility animation they're under for a few seconds and til they can shoot... if you're lucky you get a kill per game. I find it easiest to kill with the whopper. They want 100 for the rookie and then another 100 for player agents! I have around 12 on each... Ugh!

At least these modes aren't dead at all. I'm always finding at least half a session list... only problem is to find on Onslaught sometimes. I don't even play mercenaries anymore. Maybe I still would if we PS3 users didn't have to wait so long for the extra modes.

TheSeks

Leon Chapter 2: Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I completed it and it was alright, I guess. But chapter 1 is still the highpoint of the game for me. When I think "Biohazard," I have more fond memories of urban/city-scapes than castles and cemeteries.

bndadm

So started up with RE 6 last Saturday night and registered on ResidentEvil.net.
I never really messed with the Mercenaries modes in prior games, but I'm loving it in this one. Sometimes I sit there debating between continuing the story or playing Mercs and...it's very hard. Best I've done so far is A rank with Chris.

Been playing Chris and just finished chapter 3. I've been disappointed in the lack of polish on many moments in this game - mostly the clipping issues. During chapter two when debris was thrown at me, I could still walk through it, and during the last part of chapter 3 shooting the jeeps was janky, as well as actually driving THROUGH them in the garage.

Immensely enjoy the shooting/dodging controls. Sometimes I just slide and jump around for fun.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So started up with RE 6 last Saturday night and registered on ResidentEvil.net.
I never really messed with the Mercenaries modes in prior games, but I'm loving it in this one. Sometimes I sit there debating between continuing the story or playing Mercs and...it's very hard. Best I've done so far is A rank with Chris.

Been playing Chris and just finished chapter 3. I've been disappointed in the lack of polish on many moments in this game - mostly the clipping issues. During chapter two when debris was thrown at me, I could still walk through it, and during the last part of chapter 3 shooting the jeeps was janky, as well as actually driving THROUGH them in the garage.

Immensely enjoy the shooting/dodging controls. Sometimes I just slide and jump around for fun.

Yeah Mercs is damn addictive. I've been meaning to get back into it but I keep getting sidetracked by other games.

bndadm

So I just completed Chris' campaign last night and...I have no idea what I've really just accomplished or what happened - there's no context for the events that have occurred. And some of that was just...WEIRD (even for Resident Evil).

I'm guessing that by following the chapter order in the OT, I'll have a better understanding and more natural progression to the story?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I really like Mercs, but are the Mercenaries DLC maps worth it!? There's a bundle for $5 that supposedly includes all of them, but not sure if I should buy them if they're not that good.

dot

Some pics of the crossover dlc

750a14b180d18430eb3af146626cf15b.jpg

468ef435bde80c174983c787c187f96d.jpg

7a3e866f719485007699737c4ced5258.jpg

e8a63fd887878b8a641d5022a70900e5.jpg

ba159049b8010082c867447641860b8a.jpg

e94d56cf7bffeb36572c0a2943418b38.jpg

You even get to fight the Tank and Witch!

Gyrian

Wow, wow, wow, and wow!

Mercs getting No Mercy on PC was already warming my heart, and now this out of the left field!
This feels like a tentative step towards more, seriously neat collaboration! Even L4D2 benefits with goodies like Lepotitsas.
Hope they bring those players the joy that Rasklapanjes are next, haha.

bndadm

I really like Mercs, but are the Mercenaries DLC maps worth it!? There's a bundle for $5 that supposedly includes all of them, but not sure if I should buy them if they're not that good.

I'm wondering the same as well. It's the only DLC I'm interested in since they are all playable solo.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering the same as well. It's the only DLC I'm interested in since they are all playable solo.

I don't have all the maps, but I have Catacombs and High Seas and they're fun to play on. Apparently Rooftop and Requiem are also fun. People here have mentioned that Liquid Fire and Rail Yard are not very fun to play in.

bndadm

I don't have all the maps, but I have Catacombs and High Seas and they're fun to play on. Apparently Rooftop and Requiem are also fun. People here have mentioned that Liquid Fire and Rail Yard are not very fun to play in.

Thanks. That ratio of good to eh for $5.00 is enough for me.

Oh ffs, they're adding extra characters (and from another game) to RE6 PC but not to consoles?! THE NERVE!

Hmmph! Consoles better get DLC characters eventually.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Capcom sucks... yeah man, instead of having classic RE characters people are begging for, we get generic fucks from some other franchise.

Riposte

Capcom sucks... yeah man, instead of having classic RE characters people are begging for, we get generic fucks from some other franchise.

You don't see what they are trying to achieve? Adding more Resident Evil characters would be the opposite of that.

Riposte

Trying to get new people interested while keep pushing the existing fans away?

The amount of people who are throwing a hissy-fit over Claire not showing up and STILL haven't bought the game is likely minuscule compared to people who like Left 4 Dead and like buying new games on Steam.

The amount of people who are throwing a hissy-fit over Claire not showing up and STILL haven't bought the game is likely minuscule compared to people who like Left 4 Dead and like buying new games on Steam.

I don't get why they can't do both. I'm pretty sure any DLC characters on consoles would sell more than RE6 on Steam with the L4D DLC.

Evolved1

Exactly. Capcom knows exactly what it's doing here.

Yeah fucking over people who are actually RE fans and bought their game and their lame DLC so far. Waiting for months, for word of new RE mercs characters (Jill, Claire, Barry, Wesker, etc) and instead they reveal some generic-as-fuck left for dead shit.

Whatever. Deleted this off the HDD today. I'm done with it.

Yeah fucking over people who are actually RE fans and bought their game and their lame DLC so far. Waiting for months, for word of new RE mercs characters (Jill, Claire, Barry, Wesker, etc) and instead they reveal some generic-as-fuck left for dead shit.

What the hell are you going on about? Have you even played L4D?

maomaoIYP

What the hell are you going on about? Have you even played L4D?

I agree with him. I've played L4D and I too, find its characters generic as fuck. I'd give money for RE characters, couldn't care less about L4D.

It's meant to attract L4D players, I get that, but it's an entirely different game, and I'm not sure L4D fans are invested into their characters enough to make them buy RE6.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

This doesn't mean they're not releasing new characters for eventual download, but you can't expect them not to focus on the PC release when it's coming up soon.

Sectus

I'm not too very interested in this since I dislike the L4D series, but I can see this making a ton of business sense. It's obvious that RE fans would like RE characters more, but it would have created a HUGE backlash if they announced characters like Jill and Clare exclusive to PC.

On the other hand, PC fans in general are very aware of L4D and there will probably be a lot of Valve fans who will now get RE6 who would normally not get it.

Gyrian

I'm surprised that some of the reaction to this bit of news has been so negative. Remember, this is the game that moved so below expectations for Capcom, the one we thought was done after the multiplayer modes DLC.

That there's something else coming, and for PC of all places where it was most likely to get neglected, is at the very least a good sign regardless of how feel about the IP they crossed with.

I say bring it on, and hopefully be working on something akin to RE5 gold's additional content.

TheSeks

lol Evolved so bitter.

Were you bitter when Bio5 had no plans to get DLC that Gold was re-releasing? Because that was more a bigger deal than a cross-franchise DLC deal exclusive to one platform.

I mean, shit, Capcom did this with Killzone/Gears of War in Lost Planet 2. Where was the backlash for that then?

Evolved1

lol Evolved so bitter.

Were you bitter when Bio5 had no plans to get DLC that Gold was re-releasing? Because that was more a bigger deal than a cross-franchise DLC deal exclusive to one platform.

I mean, shit, Capcom did this with Killzone/Gears of War in Lost Planet 2. Where was the backlash for that then?

I never played LP2... I'm not invested in that franchise in any way. It's not even a franchise, like Resident Evil, that has a large cast of popular characters who've been systematically introduced and then buried away deep down in the Capcom closet. Where fans are hoping they will make appearance in mercs. Even Lost Planet fans are probably not losing any sleep because their favorite generic mech driver #3 guy isn't in the new game or whatever.

As for RE5... I've posted at length how I hated that game when it launched and why. Just could not get past the AI partner 1) even being there 2) having the shittiest AI. I made quite a few attempts to like it, but all failed, for a long time. It actually wasn't until the GOLD version that the game clicked for me and it became one of my favorites. So I can plead ignorance on all that drama, having not been around for it.

This is a bit different... because I've been waiting for months to learn if we're getting any new mercs characters. And they finally announce it, and it's some lame PC crossover bullshit. (This is what they've been spending time and resources on!?) Now I might have been a little salty last night (poor spirits, helped my folks put down the family dog yesterday --after 13 yrs-- so I wasn't in the best mood and got as little sauced up) but even this morning I still feel the same way about it, sentiment stands. Just a little less venomous.

4th or 5th try on Catacomba. 1.23 with Carla. No saved boss. Around 7:50 minutes left on clock. Got a little lazy towards the end and just shot zombies to death. And wtf, 3 Lepos?! I was shitting myself. I wasn't prepared for that. Thought I was gonna lose the combo when the 3rd came around with a whopper!!! I thought it was weird when the 2nd came with no Whopper... but I managed at least when the 3rd came along.

Goddamn, you are salty as FUCK

Stay mad, nigga

Coach > most of RE's cast, including Claire

TheSeks

I never played LP2... I'm not invested in that franchise in any way. It's not even a franchise, like Resident Evil, that has a large cast of popular characters who've been systematically introduced and then buried away deep down in the Capcom closet. Where fans are hoping they will make appearance in mercs. Even Lost Planet fans are probably not losing any sleep because their favorite generic mech driver #3 guy isn't in the new game or whatever.

As for RE5... I've posted at length how I hated that game when it launched and why. Just could not get past the AI partner 1) even being there 2) having the shittiest AI. I made quite a few attempts to like it, but all failed, for a long time. It actually wasn't until the GOLD version that the game clicked for me and it became one of my favorites. So I can plead ignorance on all that drama, having not been around for it.

This is a bit different... because I've been waiting for months to learn if we're getting any new mercs characters. And they finally announce it, and it's some lame PC crossover bullshit. (This is what they've been spending time and resources on!?) Now I might have been a little salty last night (poor spirits, helped my folks put down the family dog yesterday --after 13 yrs-- so I wasn't in the best mood and got as little sauced up) but even this morning I still feel the same way about it, sentiment stands. Just a little less venomous.

We never got new characters outside of the four coming with the story DLC packs in Bio5's merc mode. What makes you think it would've been different here?

The only difference here is that it's PC exclusive. Which isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Maybe for "variety" sake but it isn't some earth shatteringly huge slight on console gamers. A bigger deal with be a story chapter expansion being exclusive to PC since that's more "important" for enjoyment. Characters not coming to a side-mode? Big deal.

In any case, hoping for Claire to be a merc is a fools errand. Unless she was in that Merc shovelware title on the 3DS she's NEVER been in any of the merc modes outside of Extreme Battle Mode (where she was a "main character" of Bio2 so included for that sake) so I dunno why you were hyping yourself up there for her. I mean shit, Barry and 'Becca being in Bio5 was a pleasant surprise. Mostly because no one was expecting merc characters.

4th or 5th try on Catacomba. 1.23 with Carla. No saved boss. Around 7:50 minutes left on clock. Got a little lazy towards the end and just shot zombies to death. And wtf, 3 Lepos?! I was shitting myself. I wasn't prepared for that. Thought I was gonna lose the combo when the 3rd came around with a whopper!!! I thought it was weird when the 2nd came with no Whopper... but I managed at least when the 3rd came along.

Damn 7:50 left? Are you using time bonus skill?

I hate catacombs so much. Armored zombies, zombies with laterns that if you melee kill will cause you to catch on fire, and scary ass lepo's. I had a 121 combo earlier and messed up the QTE when the lepotista grabs you and ended up dying.

Top Bottom