• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Khalid-S

Got it! :D

A32b8b_CQAAfbOv.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Depends, do you want the game for cheaper or do you want it immediately?

Gahhh I don't know. I have the Archives edition pre-ordered for $75, whereas this will come out to $65 including tax for the regular edition.

Eh, maybe I wait. The place is literally 4 blocks from where I live though lol...

Spazznid

Fuck, dude, did you use a freaking key to open the plastic wrapping? looks like you gutted the outer sleeve!

As for RE4, the indoor areas were better, but not too many really nice sets.

I would love for CAPCOM to split up devs and make one classic 2D backgroung RE with amazing player/enemy models at 1080p 60fps and the other to work on TPS RE. Maybe incorporate them into one game with two characters in Asyncronous situations? (Chris with TPS and Jill with Classic Both influencing each other's playthrough...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wait... street date broken everywhere or just US?

I am guessing something is going on, since this is one of the biggest street date breaking I've seen. My guess, to be earnest, is since the game is gold and shipped and spoilers are going online Capcom might be deciding, fuck it, let's give the greenlight to places to sell it.

I'm guessing this also since I noticed Capcom stopped closing down streams and taking down Youtube videos containing spoilers on Youtube today. Also Australia selling it at a public store like EB Games is making me think some stores in the US may be greenlit tomorrow to sell it (as Australia is a day ahead). Added with people who ordered from the Capcom store have started to receive their copies today too.

AlexBasch

IIRC they decided not to go with this because it was way too supernatural. I mean, it looks good, but ghosts and stuff like that would be more in the way of Clock Tower or Fatal Frame, IMO.

I am guessing something is going on, since this is one of the biggest street date breaking I've seen. My guess, to be earnest, is since the game is gold and shipped and spoilers are going online Capcom might be deciding, fuck it, let's give the greenlight to places to sell it.

I'm guessing this also since I noticed Capcom stopped closing down streams and taking down Youtube videos containing spoilers on Youtube today. Also Australia selling it at a public store like EB Games is making me think some stores in the US may be greenlit tomorrow to sell it (as Australia is a day ahead). Added with people who ordered from the Capcom store have started to receive their copies today too.

I just rang JB Hifi, they're selling it now *.*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I might stop by Gamestop tomorrow to see if they're selling it. I live in PA and never have gotten a game earlier, so if I get it then they're probably allowed to wherever.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh please lawd let this be some official early sale deal. Hopefully its not just small shops. Would like the Best Buys to get in on this.

Spazznid

IIRC they decided not to go with this because it was way too supernatural. I mean, it looks good, but ghosts and stuff like that would be more in the way of Clock Tower or Fatal Frame, IMO.

Honestly, I'm glad about it. although I could do without those freaking villagers throwing shit at my face.

AlexBasch

Honestly, I'm glad about it. although I could do without those freaking villagers throwing shit at my face.
I remember the first time I shot down a sickle just as a reflex. "Holy shit, you can do that? Awesome."

Then I thought that Dr. Salvador would only make a massive amount of damage with his chainsaw. Oh, how wrong I was.

Also, I'm printing the japanese cover. I don't mind the bj giraffe, but I liked the NTSC-J cover better.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I wonder if pre-orders will start going out tomorrow.

Never gonna happen.

sadromeo

For those playing with xbox 360 copies early:

Aren't you afraid of some kind of M$ retribution for playing early? (i.e. banhammer)

Just curious.

def sim

Aren't you afraid of some kind of M$ retribution for playing early? (i.e. banhammer)

Just curious.

That's just an internet old wives' tale. There was this one time (don't remember game) where accounts were blacklisted from playing online on that title until official release, but nothing so drastic as Live bans. I'm surprised the thought is so widespread still.

Also, you sure replaced that S with a dollar sign.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Just curious.

Not an issue if you got the game through legal channels. If it's a pirated copy then you get banned, but people getting the game early from stores breaking street date is never a bannable offense.

On 360:

7.7 gigs to install disc 1.

2.8 gigs to install disc 2.

Good news is that the second disc is only for additional audio languages. The full game is on one disc! <3

Lucent

so did you key it up trying to remove the shrink wrap or

lol what I thought. I always cut into the side where you open it because it goes in so if you're not in a hurry you can poke a hole in it and do the rest by ripping it with your fingers instead of being like this. =P

Dusk Golem

There's some claims coming in for people who pre-ordered from PSN, the 'pre-loading' isn't actually preloading, people are claiming you can now play the whole game right now. Is this true?

Lucent

Either way, I'm just gonna wait for my Amazon pre-order to arrive Tuesday. I've got a math test that day so I've got nothing on my mind but that right now. Will be a good thing to come home to, though. But I still have other stuff for school to do. College sucks. =/

Nem, you're in AUS, right? Is EB Games the only AUS retailer that is selling it early? I want to buy it but the discrepancies between EB Games and JB Hifi's price for the basic copy is staggering ($98 vs $78).

Err, just ask to price match – I did. And I do it all the time. Have absolutely no problems every time!

Nemesis_

I'm going to buy it... RIGHT NOW *.*

Can't wait to blast through it BY MYSELF.

:mad:

Where is the surprise? And I wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden your I CANT DO THIS WEEKEND thing re:RE5 has mysteriously BLOWN OVER.

I have been in lectures all day about Bioterrorism and about to do my exam for Outbreak Management.

How fitting on a day like this ;_;

Neiteio

Welp, I tried the demo a second time and it clicked! The mechanics, the pacing -- it all came together rather well the second time around. I just left the HUD/marker on this time and paid it no heed; it's really not distracting like I thought it would be. I also left the aiming sensitivity at 5 but dialed the camera down to 2, which cured the nausea and made surveying the environment easy. Oh, and I changed the aiming to laser sight.

The only aspect of the game that hasn't "clicked" yet are the enemies. It's hard to get a handle on how many are in a given area, and they tend to appear right next to you without warning (not spawning -- they're just sneaky) when you're aiming at someone far away.

Having played it twice, I love the Ogroman encounter in the demo of Chris' campaign. There's a certain tension to hiding in the stairwell, peeking furtively around the corner upstairs or downstairs and hopefully catching him with his back turned. Awesome monster design there, as well.

Dusk Golem

Finally found it! I was scouring the whole disk for this song, but it was right under my nose just in an unexpected location. Jake's Credits Theme! I was grinning the first time I heard it (music spoilers),
love the nod to old RE games cheesy rock music here, I'll admit this song and old RE credits songs like this were always a guilty pleasure for me.
If anyone wants to hear it, here, but it has music spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKan7EplMM

SkylineRKR

Collectors is on sale in Holland. But not going to pay 149,- Eur for it. Waiting for the normal edition to drop, hopefully before the weekend.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, good idea. I didn't know that EB Games does price match so now I know, I'll try that.
JB Hifi's nationwide are selling it. I put them on the shelf this morning. If they're not scold the games coordinator for not checking the intranet.

If this shit is available online I will buy it tomorrow. I hate to not have a physical copy but I cant wait any longer. I dont even want it for PS3 but I will do whatever it takes to play now.

Top Bottom