• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 rated for PS4 and Xbox One in Korea

Jawmuncher

It does seem odd to not do a 4,5, and 6 collection. But then again wouldn't be surprised to see them sell digitally and make a retail pack later. Just like what they did with REmake and RE0

klee123

I wonder if 5 is also in the works.

Really, a special collection contain HD remasters of 4-6 would be easy money for Capcom.

Bookman

I always felt that re6 had low resolution, I was a bit dissapointed at the game in general but I kind of like it when I acepted that it is a "bad resident evil game". Leons chapter is kind of ok, hope its cheap.

Brhoom

Banned
Who's ready to play the BEST Resident Evil game again!
mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

I'm still bitter about thier first trailer showing us they will bring zombies and horror back only to get this mess, if they were honest about it from the start I would have been ok, and the sad part is there are people who say leon's part was scary and like the old resident evil.

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah if they can mess with it like they did DmC and DMC4:SE that would be pretty cool, and could even convince people to double dip. Since just including all of the DLC probably won't do much to sway people.

Adding a proper tutorial that teaches you how awesome the game play is would be a start :D Re-texture some of the shitty textures. Maybe cut out some of the really shitty bits and re-balance the last bosses so its actually fun.

I still play the game on my Xbox 360...but I was thinking before that I wouldn't mind playing this on the new consoles...hmm...maybe if they include No Mercy Mercs...

Manu

Adding a proper tutorial that teaches you how awesome the game play is would be a start :D Re-texture some of the shitty textures. Maybe cut out some of the really shitty bits and re-balance the last bosses so its actually fun.

Those Lego cars during Ada's chopper section were so bad. Jesus.

BadWolf

It does seem odd to not do a 4,5, and 6 collection. But then again wouldn't be surprised to see them sell digitally and make a retail pack later. Just like what they did with REmake and RE0

Makes more financial sense for them to sell those seperately.

Jawmuncher

http://popcrush.com/files/2015/05/mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif[img]

I'm still bitter about thier first trailer showing us they will bring zombies and horror back only to get this mess, if they were honest about it from the start I would have been ok, and the sad part is there are people who say leon's part was scary and like the old resident evil.[/QUOTE]

The Leon talk does bother me. Like I can understand someone preferring that campaign to the rest. But to say it's a return to form or anything else is just too much. I love RE6, but I don't try to sugar coat it. It has it's jank and it fails at being scary in the beginning of that campaign with all of the walking and forced moments.

[quote="GnawtyDog, post: 186119504"]Yeah 7 is coming in 2017. Too many signs.[/QUOTE]

It does seem that way. Especially since that CG movie which is taking place before RE7 I think is in 2017 as well.

Oh damn...i had actually lost count and thought this was the brand new one.

I lost interest in playing after a few hours. This was i guess an enjoyable action game but a terrible RE game in my book.

Capcom did say RE7 would go back to the roots or somethin like that right?

Hellraider

If they did something more than a remaster (like a lot more since the game has dozens of issues) it would be acceptable. If they just plan to release the pc version they might as well just port mercenaries.

Jawmuncher

Thread makes me wonder what happened to the Bioshock and Batman remasters?

Batman I was nothing more than hearsay I recall, and Bioshock was just on a retailer.
Neither of them popped up on a ratings board. But yeah does make you wonder. I think Bioshock will happen, unsure about Batman though.

If they did something more than a remaster (like a lot more since the game has dozens of issues) it would be acceptable. If they just plan to release the pc version they might as well just port mercenaries.

Yeah i'm hoping they fix up some stuff. DmC and DMC4 had some nice stuff added.
So hopefully we see them touch it up and maybe add a new chapter or something that related to 7.
Just some things to make a new purchase more worthwhile, since I have the PC version and can run it great.
So if it's just a straight port, it'll be easier to just wait for it to be cheaper.

joe2187

Banned
I just wanna play as Helena again.

Best New Character, I need more of her.

This is all wrong.

You're right...it needs to be bundled with one of the better RE games.....

RECVX:HD

People actually loved RE6? wtf

i thought everyone hated it

It's combat mechanics are sublime, the campaign is a giant cheesefest (like RE5) and it's overall just fun to play. It's mess no doubt but it accomplishes the goal it set out, to be a over the top action melee shooter.

Leon's campaign was okay, but everything else I played was awful. I couldn't finish it and won't be bothering with it this time around.

Awful game.

I have a feeling they might want to use this to gauge people's interest into these types of RE games.

With REmake selling like gangbusters and a high-quality RE Zero remaster on the way, this could be a test to validate them going with a RE2 Remake in the vein of old RE instead of transforming the old classic into something with a faster pace and a heavier emphasis for action.

Sydle

Didn't care for this one because the bugs on PC were pretty bad.

Were the consoles versions less buggy?

Kazer

Never did play this, and while I've heard mixed things, I feel like I should play it at least once. Guess I'll give it a go.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'll try it. never bought the original release cause it seemed like kusoge and $60 console games were a hard sell that late in the cycle, but I've seen people warm up to it a little bit so I'll give it a shot?

Sydle

What kinda bugs, lol?

Unable to get through a door in one of the chapters
Game getting hung up at the end of a few cut scenes
Some enemies getting caught in scenery
Some enemies get caught in corners and we couldn't shoot them

Just small stuff throughout all the campaigns. My friend and I both said we wouldn't go through it again unless it was fixed.

Akibared

Fucking awesome! RE6 was some of the best co-op I had with my buddy was a blast unlocking everything in mercenaries looking forward to doing it all over again.

Top Bottom