• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Ambassador Program Teases New Demo ; Couple New Screens

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil's website just sent an email for people following its ambassador program with two new screens and a couple of teases.

e686573059b314dbad256fa0be1cd6c1.png

Of note, there is a stream dedicated to Resident Evil happening this Saturday at TGS, which seems it'll have more info.

However, these two images were also shared.

tumblr_odh7ciYNEP1se6ntfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_odh7ciYNEP1se6ntfo2_1280.jpg

Second image comes with the caption, "Huh? That wall..."

The first picture shows the Baker family around a dinner table eating in a scene from the game somewhere, the second image shows a picture of the room with the phone from the RE7 demo with the wall collapsed. There was an earlier ambassador email which showed the dummy finger from the demo pointing to this weekend, which might hint that an update to the RE7 Beginning Hour demo might be hitting this weekend around TGS.

There's more going on I'll discuss, but thought this might be worth bringing up.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'll give Capcom this. I have no real idea what is going on and I'm hard pressed to even guess where all this is going to lead, and I'm not worried about "surprise, Saturday morning cartoon super villain" revelation.

Guts for breakfast though, that's a mistake.

zokie

I predict if you have PS Plus account ,you can download the new demo in advance by a few weeks , public demo should be released before holidays 2016

Edit :
if it's true , I will be very afraid of myself

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just noticed in the family dinner shot, there's a fourth person. Look at the bottom-left of the screen.

I am betting it's
the hand of the person in the wheelchair we saw briefly in the trailer.

What a lovely family.

Actually Senor Baker doesn't look as mangy as he did in The Beginning Hour so maybe this takes place before?

The Zero Hour?

Summer setting, like RE1. Bank on it.

Yeah with it being in a Louisiana swampland I imagine a hot sticky atmosphere being swarmed with gnats and worse

Makes me want to go out into a field in the middle of the night and scream "JOSEPH"

Neff

Guy in the jacket will probably have a gnarly transformation. He's gotta be hiding something if he's wearing a jacket indoors. It doesn't look like the game takes place in winter.

Summer setting, like RE1. Bank on it.

Guy in the jacket will probably have a gnarly transformation. He's gotta be hiding something if he's wearing a jacket indoors. It doesn't look like the game takes place in winter.

Skinny hag lady will probably become all spider like, I feel like when she opens her mouth something will come out of it.

Jacket guy is definetly the first boss, he is young and cocky so he will be the first to go.

Well maybe this could just be a red herring and they're fucking nothing in the main game

Remember how important this heavilly-marketed character was in RE5? Who had promo diaries about her and everything?

10-04-08_008.jpg

latest

Oh....

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Well maybe this could just be a red herring and they're fucking nothing in the main game

Remember how important this heavilly-marketed character was in RE5? Who had promo diaries about her and everything?

10-04-08_008.jpg

latest

Oh....
Wait really?

I'm getting serious Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibes from that first screenshot. And I love it.

I think that's what they're going for. The director said that they're heavily inspired by 70's and 80's horror films. It's why they chose a Louisiana plantation for the setting. He said it just makes you feel isolated and helpless.

Persona7

Banned

10-04-08_008.jpg

latest

Oh....

It's possible they decided to cut certain parts at the last minute.

10-04-08_008.jpg

latest

Oh....
Oh my god.... I remember the theories went online about her, me and my friends were sure that she was Sherry and she was kidnapped... we were so excited and when I saw her in the game I said ( OMG ) only few seconds later her heads pops out and I was like ( huh? maybe her head will pop in again after defeating her ).... and after defeating her she was just... dead... I stood by her dead body for few seconds like ( -_______________-" ).

Thanks for reminding me to never ever ever ever ever trust Capcom hype ever again.

KyleCross

Oh my god.... I remember the theories went online about her, me and my friends were sure that she was Sherry and she was kidnapped... we were so excited and when I saw her in the game I said ( OMG ) only few seconds later her heads pops out and I was like ( huh? maybe her head will pop in again after defeating her ).... and after defeating her she was just... dead... I stood by her dead body for few seconds like ( -_______________-" ).

Thanks for reminding me to never ever ever ever ever trust Capcom hype ever again.

Like most hype-trains, that was the fans own fault. They swore Jill in RE5 was Sherry too and when Sherry actually showed up in 6 people swore it was Ashley.

Top Bottom