• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - "Lantern" Gameplay Trailer

Rean

Link

While Beginning Hour acts as a setup for the main game, this time you’ll see a found footage videotape segment that will appear in the final game. (Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you, the videotape graphical effects are distinct to these segments and aren’t representative of the rest of the game.)

If you played Beginning Hour, you encountered one of these found footage type segments where you were introduced to the “Sewer Gators” film crew and witnessed their grisly fate. This time, you’ll get a sneak peek at content from a tape labelled “Mia,” and you’ll get to see some other areas of the house that you saw in Beginning Hour and characters within — including Marguerite.

Source

Shoutouts to Loudninja for posting the story details

Lock if old

PepperedHam

Has it been confirmed that RE 7 will be an FPS?
As far as I know, yes. The game is first person.

Super interested in what they do with this. I enjoyed the demo but I'm going to hold off on judging it as a whole until we see more than a short demo and short trailers. Waiting for gameplay mechanics.

They're allowed to use first person in a videogame. It's a perspective. It doesn't make it a ripoff. PT/Amnesia whatever has no claim on a first person view lol

Nah I'm good. Maybe it'll be a good game, idk, but I didn't play RE to run and hide, even back in the fixed camera days. This ain't for me.

Looks and feels like an Amnesia/Outlast copy cat. I don't mind, but with the way this was presented and the predictable jump scare at the end....it just looks like it's trying too hard.

I am sorry but to me this is not resident evil just another 100000 amnesia clone out on steam right now,

Yup, same feelings here. RE is about that adventure/horror, managing equipment, puzzles, amazing soundtrack, boss fights mixed in with some cheese. I'm very disappointed but I'll still play it because RE being hide and seek horror is still better than being a full on action game.

Pachimari

This looks damn good. Fucking lmao at all the people crying about "this is not my resi", "pt clone", "this is amnesia"' "too late to the party" lol.

Loudninja

While Beginning Hour acts as a setup for the main game, this time you’ll see a found footage videotape segment that will appear in the final game. (Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you, the videotape graphical effects are distinct to these segments and aren’t representative of the rest of the game.)

If you played Beginning Hour, you encountered one of these found footage type segments where you were introduced to the “Sewer Gators” film crew and witnessed their grisly fate. This time, you’ll get a sneak peek at content from a tape labelled “Mia,” and you’ll get to see some other areas of the house that you saw in Beginning Hour and characters within — including Marguerite.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...-biohazard-trailer-reveals-new-story-details/

KingBroly

Banned
Okay, I don't think I'm going to be able to play this. The blackened out corners of the screen are really making me dizzy for some reason.

Wild Card

I kinda-sorta hope this does well if only so Capcom doesn't sink and can make games for their other IPs I care about, but uh, this does nothing for me.

Resident Evil reinvents itself every 3 games anyway.

And like, two games that are widely considered to be the best in the series, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 couldn't be more different if they tried.So, bold steps out of comfort zone are expected and welcomed for the franchize.

As far as concerns about the game itself feeling outdated due to this particular genre recently exploding on PC, especially on the indie and *shudders* Steam Greenlight/Early Access cespool, that I do get.

Oh, so you've played the full game?

It was a sarcastic comment in reply to that point precisely. I think it is going to have all that stuff. People are just latching hard onto the new perspective resulting in some rough kneejerking. The perspective doesn't strip these things away.

Kuraudo

Banned
They're allowed to use first person in a videogame. It's a perspective. It doesn't make it a ripoff. PT/Amnesia whatever has no claim on a first person view lol

If anything, they got there way ahead of those games.

gallery-1458562989-resident-evil-fps.jpg

Anyway, I'm really intrigued by this game and remain excited about finding out more.

Still not sold on this yet but I will wait to see more.

Same, I need to see some classic RE things to pull me back in. I don't like survival games where I am just hiding from stuff the whole time. RE had some kind of resources management but I could always defend myself. That's part of what Ioved about it. Giving me a useless character is a huge turn off.

Still waiting to actually judge it though.

Plasma

Banned
This looks damn good. Fucking lmao at all the people crying about "this is not my resi", "pt clone", "this is amnesia"' "too late to the party" lol.
Yeah lmao all those people who really enjoy the franchise and would like a proper sequel to it.

Look hopefully the full game has more to it but from what they've shown so far it really doesn't look all that great.

Seriously, why is this called Resident Evil? Not once in an RE game did you hide and whimper in fear of the enemies. Only one that comes close to that is RE3.

Top Bottom