• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - Gold Edition & DLC Announcement Trailer

wiibomb

If you haven't played RE7 and want to minimize spoilersI recommend you not watch that trailer.

Watching that trailer reinforced how much I loved this game. So good. I hope that Zoe DLC is really good. I haven't bought any of the others, just watched streams. They were neat but not something I was in a rush to play myself

too... late :(

wish I didn't see the trailer. also, december??? I wanted to buy the game rather soonish, but this is just screaming me to delay my purchase.

A repackaged/GOTY version the same year of its original release. Sales didn't met expectations, I guess.

I think it looks worse due to the dates both being in the same calendar year. RE7 released in January of 2017, now this complete edition comes in December of 2017. It's roughly 11 months, which is more than the roughly 10 months between Battlefield One's release in October 2016 and its complete edition that came out a few weeks ago in August of 2017. And BF1's season pass was $50, compared to RE7's $30, to boot.

Jake2by4

I think it looks worse due to the dates both being in the same calendar year. RE7 released in January of 2017, now this complete edition comes in December of 2017. It's roughly 11 months, which is more than the roughly 10 months between Battlefield One's release in October 2016 and its complete edition that came out a few weeks ago in August of 2017. And BF1's season pass was $50, compared to RE7's $30, to boot.

makes me regret (not regret) buying the deluxe edition.

Jawmuncher

too... late :(

wish I didn't see the trailer. also, december??? I wanted to buy the game rather soonish, but this is just screaming me to delay my purchase.

With Black Friday you could potentially buy the game with the season pass for cheaper than this will probably be if you go physical. On PC the deluxe has already been like 45 at least once.

rtcn63

I don't think Chris' lips move in the trailer just like one of the bosses during their dialogue. It's weird.

legacyzero

Banned
Game of the Year so far. It's so damn good

The bits I'll say;

Not A Hero was originally made by a third-party studio, but Capcom was not happy with the quality they got back from the studio and wanted to keep the good will and trust of consumers from people after RE7, so they began heavily reworking it themselves even though it's free for everyone. That's the reason for the delay, they've been reworking Not A Hero and remaking various things, areas, mechanics, etc., for it themselves.

It takes place literally immediately after the RE7 ending, it's basically RE7's "true end" and has a proper final boss and everything. It has a decent amount of new stuff, you go to some new areas as well as expansions on some of the final areas in the game, there's some new types of Molded not in the main game, and that's probably all I should say. It's more action-focused, but that's not to say there's no horror. I don't know if this is in the revised version anymore, but the original one you could punch enemies.

The Zoe DLC takes place in a completely new location, its director was one of the lead people behind P.T., and it's horror focused.
OMG

Ahasverus

With Black Friday you could potentially buy the game with the season pass for cheaper than this will probably be if you go physical. On PC the deluxe has already been like 45 at least once.
The season pass is too damn expensive for what has been glorified deleted bonus content.

Spinky

The bits I'll say;

Not A Hero was originally made by a third-party studio, but Capcom was not happy with the quality they got back from the studio and wanted to keep the good will and trust of consumers from people after RE7, so they began heavily reworking it themselves even though it's free for everyone. That's the reason for the delay, they've been reworking Not A Hero and remaking various things, areas, mechanics, etc., for it themselves.

It takes place literally immediately after the RE7 ending, it's basically RE7's "true end" and has a proper final boss and everything. It has a decent amount of new stuff, you go to some new areas as well as expansions on some of the final areas in the game, there's some new types of Molded not in the main game, and that's probably all I should say. It's more action-focused, but that's not to say there's no horror. I don't know if this is in the revised version anymore, but the original one you could punch enemies.

The Zoe DLC takes place in a completely new location, its director was one of the lead people behind P.T., and it's horror focused.

I'm finna nut.

13ruce

Banned
More molded? Please have some new more exciting enemies after all this time :/

Wait you got to be kidding me right!? Even more enemy asset reuse....

Edit: oh:
The bits I'll say;

Nvm new enemies and stuff.

Ahasverus

The bits I'll say;

Well fuck. BRB gonna buy.

How much will Zoe's end cost? The SP is $30 so this might be like $15-20?

Jawmuncher

Zoe's before Not a Hero? :(

Oh well....hoping it will be as good as the main game (goty imo)

They're the same day

Well fuck. BRB gonna buy.

How much will Zoe's end cost? The SP is $30 so this might be like $15-20?

Try and see if the season pass goes on sale. Since it'll end up being almost the whole price of the season pass anyway if you try and buy it solo looking at the bad pricing of banned tapes. Which are 25 for just the two if bought solo.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

The bits I'll say;

Sounds great to me.

I hope the punching dudes option is still there, even though he's redesigned it's still Chris, after all. Makes sense after the previous games that he'd still be whooping the BOWs with hand to hand badassery, unlike Ethan where the more classic horror style fits great.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man Zoe's entire purpose in the plot is to suffer horribly until she dies......poor Zoe, literally just chillin at home and unlucky enough to not be driven insane despite being infected. :|

Liamc723

There's not proper price announcement, but the Gold Edition may cost more than the regular $60 price tag, but to be seen. My bet is on $60-90. Honestly it might just be a fancier repacking of the Deluxe Edition, but for those who want a physical edition.

The gold edition absolutely will be $60.

rtcn63

The molded can go suck a dick.

1989_The-Return-of-Swamp-Thing.png

No you're right

The bits I'll say;

So if this takes place after the main game, how can
the the Molded still be enemies, don't they stop when Evie dies? Or am I making that up?

But PT director tho omg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So it seems like the dlc will have traditional RE cutscenes instead of exclusively first person ones.

Crash331

I had already made this decision before with CoD, but this shows why. I will never again buy a season pass for any game ever. By the time the DLC hits, it's time for a game of the year or gold edition.

MetalSlug

I might wait until January(If it is January) when VR is added to the Steam version, before I play through the DLC.

Jawmuncher

So if this takes place after the main game, how can
the the Molded still be enemies, don't they stop when Evie dies? Or am I making that up?

But PT director tho omg

I don't think it was ever said that the molded just die if the "controller" is taken out.

So it seems like the dlc will have traditional RE cutscenes instead of exclusively first person ones.

This alone will help flesh out a story a lot. From what we got from RE7. The FP only style for 95% of the cutscenes really held things back imo.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

wiibomb

First SFV and then RE7.

Makes me cautious of MHW, despite it looking amazing.

well, historically MH didn't have paid DLC, they already confirmed free DLC like the past games.

Still we don't know if they have any plan of any paid DLC. the MH team is very different from what the rest of capcom does.

Dascu

The bits I'll say;

Both sound great, thanks for the info.

Aesthet1c

Sold RE7 shortly after beating it in the beginning of the year. This looks so good, I may need to come back to it and grab the gold edition. Definitely the best RE in years, I loved this game.

Jawmuncher

So this DLC hits 3 days after PSX. Wonder if they'll announce something RE related there and have the DLC/Gold Edition ride the coattails to push more sales. Much like the FF7 PC on PS4 port had when they showed FF7R

The problem with Capcoms love of releasing their games in January is that when they release the gold editions for the holidays its still the same year of release.
Other games feel longer because they have that new year gap even when it's that same 11+ month gap.

rtcn63

What the hell does the hand scene mean?
Did he actually choose Zoe over Mia as canon path?

At first glance, I thought that hand was from
little-kid-what's-her-face at game's end. Although him choosing Zoe is the better narrative since then Ethan killed Mia.

Kalentan

I don't think it was ever said that the molded just die if the "controller" is taken out.

It was not. They probably become slightly more mindless once
Eve
is gone. Since it's not like the infection goes away.
IIRC both Ethan and Lucas are technically infected.

Anung

Un Rama
I'd appreciate if they put the Daughters and Bedroom back into the main game as videotapes. It was incredibly obvious they ripped them from the main game to sell a season pass.

Top Bottom