• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil (DS)

Solid

Have this been posted?

From Gamefront.de

NGC magazine: ' resident Evil DS with Capcom in work ' 04.07.05 - The British NGC magazine writes in its newest expenditure that Capcom works on a Remake original resident of the Evil for Nintendo DS. It is to use however the same camera perspective and control as resident Evil 4 (GC/PS2). One uses the Touch screen for attacks: Thus one draws the stylus over the screen, so that Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine with the measurer of cuts implement (thanks at Drumstick).

Zeo

Banned
This is.. very interesting.

As long as we get some of the better PSX graphics, I'll be happy.

Andy787

Banned
Zarghgh. The DS is the instrument of satan. :( :(

Seriously, what the fuck happened to the new RE with RE4 perspective that EGM said was coming to PSP? There are some games that I certainly admit fit better for the DS, but jesus christ, this isn't one of them. This is one game that would be perfect for PSP. :(

opkal

sounds neat, but I think the behind the back perspective would be kind of awkward in the game, with all the narrow areas and whatnot.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Andy787 said:
Zarghgh. The DS is the instrument of satan. :( :(

Seriously, what the fuck happened to the new RE with RE4 perspective that EGM said was coming to PSP? There are some games that I certainly admit fit better for the DS, but jesus christ, this isn't one of them. This is one game that would be perfect for PSP. :(
It's good to be on the winning team. :)

Tony HoTT

Banned
Seems like you would have to rework the entire game around the control method. RE4 kinda controls the same but the environments were way larger than those in RE.

Considering there is a mobile phone version of RE coming out, I want to assume that the DS version would be something more comparable to that.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Remake of Resident Evil 1 but with Resident Evil 4 camera and hopefully QTEs :)

Wireless co-op please capcoM!!!

Zeo

Banned
opkal said:
sounds neat, but I think the behind the back perspective would be kind of awkward in the game, with all the narrow areas and whatnot.

I'm sure they'd be changing it a bit to fit the new gameplay. :p

And as for the PSP RE?

It's probably with Crisis Core: FFVII and Devil May Cry. :\

Tony HoTT said:
Seems like you would have to rework the entire game around the control method. RE4 kinda controls the same but the environments were way larger than those in RE.

Considering there is a mobile phone version of RE coming out, I want to assume that the DS version would be something more comparable to that.

Yeah, but it's a straight port that plays like the PSX game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wtf, i want this shit on gamecube! i dont care if they already have a REmake, RE4 CONTROLS DAMMIT

REmake had some beautiful pre-determined camera angles that really enhanced the atmopshere, so putting in the RE4 camera kills those. People seem to forget that RE1 was more concentrated on the 'mood', where it seems Mikami was more interested in the 'action' in RE4.
Then again, if you are simply a gameplay fan, I guess it doesn't matter...

Keep REmake as it is. Fantastic game.

junkiexxl

Banned
i don't want another RE remake, i don't want the action based RE4 setting and i don't want another game with shitty stylus/mic support.

Andy787

Banned
Goddamnit, PSP RE, Crisis Core, and DMC better be at TGS, along with a whole lot of other good PSP shit. :mad:

Or I will cry. :'(

June 30th 2005

I heard a researcher who tried to escape from this mansion was shot last night. My entire body feels burning and itchy at night. When I was scratching the swelling on my arms, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off. What the hell is happening to me?

July 1st 2005

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Tasty.

July 4th 2005

Rumors circulate of a Resident Evil game for Nintendo DS
w o o t !

Ruzbeh

Banned
Andy787 said:
Goddamnit, PSP RE, Crisis Core, and DMC better be at TGS, along with a whole lot of other good PSP shit. :mad:

Or I will cry. :'(
I was about to say "It's good to be on the winning team. :)" again, but... that would be spamming. :lol

Why are you posting that here? That's completely offtopic. Look, I'm sure all those games (isn't Crisis Core a movie?) are going to be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if PSP gets an Outbreak style game.

They should try and do DS online/offline multiplayer actually.

As for whether this makes sense on DS - I believe it does. The original game assets from the PlayStation could possibly be used... even though they say they're going with a more third person camera a la RE4, I don't necessarily see them using that viewpoint all of the time. Using scaled down versions of Gamecube's pre-rendered backgrounds wouldn't exactly be impossible - and it'd be one of the DS' best looking titles by default. I could see it being very popular. I know we've already had scoffing at the puzzle aspects, but this is the one area that they keep including in RE games and NEVER improve. They've got the camera and controls down great in RE4, but the items and puzzles are still downright bizarre. Touch screen and Mic control in puzzles/inventory wouldn't be the best things ever - but they'd be an improvement.

from NGC#109 magazine

"Capcom are working on a remake of Resident Evil for the DS, only this time using the same camera perspective and controls as the exceptionally brilliant Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube. That's right, a fully 3D version of the original survival horror, all in the palm of your hand.

Capcom explained that, the touch-screen would, in one instance, be used to attack, with the slashes of the stylus dictating the swipes of Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine's knife."

"Anyone who's played Resident Evil 4 (and that should be all of you by now) will testify to the difference a simple perspective change can make to the overall gameplay experience, and the chance to play through the original adventure with the added versatility of dual-screens and touch-screen control will certainly breath new life into an old game.

Hopefully Capcom will use the touch screen for full analogue aiming (giving extra depth to
the combat) as well as adding extra content, like puzzles, locations and situations to help keep things feeling nice and new."

It's just some text with a picture of a Nintendo DS and an artwork of a Hunter.

And the rest of the issue...

DS/GBA:

Previews

Lunar Genesis / Sonic Rush / Screw Breaker / A Boy And His Blob / Age Of Empires / Spyro Shadow Legacy / Tony Hawk's American Wasteland / Resident Evil DS

Reviews

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - 3/5
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 4/5

Gamecube:

Reviews

Killer 7 84 %
Medal Of Honor: European Assault 62 %
Batman Begins 41 %

Previews

True Crime 2 / Peter Jackson's King Kong / The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction / Call Of Duty 2: The Big Red One / Sonic Gems / WWE Day Of Reckoning 2 / Marvel Nemesis: Rise Of The Imperfects / James Bond: From Russia With Love / Crash Tag Team Racing / The Sims 2 / Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire / X-Men Legends 2: Rise Of The Apocalypse / The Incredibles: Rise Of The Underminer / TAK: The Great Juju Challenge / The Lion, Witch & The Wardrobe

Specials

Timewarp: An all new 6-page retro section
Killer 7 Tipped
What's Next For Mario (12-Page Special)
Gaming Gone Too Far: Strictly For The Obsessed

An the Regulars: Ultra Release List, Mailbox, NGC Top 100, Skill Club 2005, Tips Extra.

neo2046

nowadays the attitude of Capcom to PSP and NDS
is no way for me to believe this news until Capcom Japan confirm this :lol

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Metroid + Resident Evil + Final Fantasy + Castlevania + Baten Kaitos + Xenosaga + Viewtiful Joe + Super Mario Bros + Kirby + Meteos + Nintendogs + Advance Wars + Brain Training + Megaman + Lunar: Dragon Song + Sonic Rush + Mario Kart + Animal Crossing + Lost In Blue + Jump Superstars + Trauma Center: Under The Knife + Wario Ware + Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney + The Legend of Zelda DS + Katamari Damacy + Magical Vacation 2 + Mystical Ninja DS + Nanostray + Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga 2 + Pokemon

I neeed to buy a DS soon :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
they're gonna have to make the mansion bigger or something...RE4 camera + RE1???

and is this the first game to have a remake with another remake? 2 remakes????

belgurdo

Banned
ziran said:
you wouldn't like warioware/mario 64x4 type minigame puzzles with a re twist?

Christ no. The original "puzzles" were bad enough, and making you slide blocks or whatever with the pen won't make them better. Shit, Capcom, just put RE1's setting in RE4's engine and we'll be squared up

Ranger X

what the hell... There is no good use of the stylus with the first RE gameplay. Unless they change the perspective and retouch the gameplay.

Solid

here are the scores from the same issue.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (NDS, Ubisoft): 3/5
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA, Nintendo): 4/5
Killer 7 (GC, Capcom): 84 %
Batman Begins (GC, EA): 41 %
Medal Of Honor: European Assault (GC, EA): 62 %

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Andy787 said:

PSP piracy could plague future releases. It's just so easy to have psp games run on a memory stick (5 now, including Lumines with sound and Coded Arms) it's not even funny.

Tiktaalik

Sounds weird to me. Do they mean RE4 style gameplay or just camera? If it's gameplay then it will be either horribly easy or every room will be packed tight with zombies. Also, if it uses the touch screen for attacking won't headshots be pretty easy?

cvxfreak

To be honest, Capcom's better off with a port of the Director's Cut just like the Samsung phone in Korea. Unless this game turns out really, really good and doesn't contradict the REmake.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Zaxxon said:
Sounds weird to me. Do they mean RE4 style gameplay or just camera? If it's gameplay then it will be either horribly easy or every room will be packed tight with zombies. Also, if it uses the touch screen for attacking won't headshots be pretty easy?

Not if zombies have increased speed.

Ponn

Banned
Yippee! More god awful attempts at 3D graphics and integrating touch screen controls to make games a chore to play, all in a Resident Evil game to boot. Nintendo really needs to start putting some control on these companies trying to port and shoehorn touchscreen abilities into games and get them to actually MAKE games specifically for the DS and around it's capabilities. Innovation down the drain.

If it's a room by room loader like the original, decent 3d isn't impossible, and loading times should be fast thanks to the cards.

The rooms could be redesigned/toned-down too.

Further thoughts on this: wireless co-op? Jill AND Chris. At once.
rock.gif

Shao

Having an RE4 style perspective in the mansion will be shit compared to RE4 - these games mechanics are built around the perspective for crying out loud.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i think it'd be better if they just made another Outbreak game with RE4 controls/camera/gameplay. that way you can have co-op for 2-4 players and probably better puzzles that would require player cooperation. plus you can actually talk to the other players! :p

Zeo

Banned
Wyzdom said:
what the hell... There is no good use of the stylus with the first RE gameplay. Unless they change the perspective and retouch the gameplay.

Ladies and gentleman, the dumbest post of the day.

(If you don't get why, Wyzdom, the entire point of this news is that they are remaking it with the RE4 PERSPECTIVE and GAMEPLAY.)

Ranger X

Zeo said:
Ladies and gentleman, the dumbest post of the day.

(If you don't get why, Wyzdom, the entire point of this news is that they are remaking it with the RE4 PERSPECTIVE and GAMEPLAY.)

I read the first post once and too fast. Nevermind. I suppose you ALWAYS read perfectly, LORD Zeo.

Top Bottom