• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PC, X360, PS3) [Update 2: Lots Of New Details]

When they take off their gasmaks they are going to look like what was cool arround 1998 and since the development team is probably firmly stuck in that era and it will show.
One of them will be sporting dreadlocks and one of them will be a bald marine with tribal tattoos all over his neck and the chick is going to be a snarky and sadistic famme fatale who makes innuendo with every line she utters. Also all of them will be psychopaths.
The zombies will also wear dreadlocks and will do super awesome parkour tricks to move arround the city. The developers will probably go on stating in interviews how the old resident evils were really cheesy and campy and how they're going to change that with making it more mature for a mature audience of mature gamers who only play mature games for mature gamers and thus had to get rid of all the cheesy elements. Then they will go on to announce that the soundtrack is by linkin park, nickelback and limp bizkit. It will be amazing.

Mesijs

ViralMarketingDrone said:
When they take off their gasmaks they are going to look like what was cool arround 1998 and since the development team is probably firmly stuck in that era and it will show.
One of them will be sporting dreadlocks and one of them will be a bald marine with tribal tattoos all over his neck and the chick is going to be a snarky and sadistic famme fatale who makes innuendo with every line she utters. Also all of them will be psychopaths.
The zombies will also wear dreadlocks and will do super awesome parkour tricks to move arround the city. The developers will probably go on stating in interviews how the old resident evils were really cheesy and campy and how they're going to change that with making it more mature for a mature audience of mature gamers who only play mature games for mature gamers and thus had to get rid of all the cheesy elements. Then they will go on to announce that the soundtrack is by linkin park, nickelback and limp bizkit. It will be amazing.
1252796864582og4r.gif

beje

Banned
Ugh, this sounds like the bastard child of Left 4 Dead and Gears of Wars gone bad. Trainwreck potential rising.

*hugs RE2 and Code Veronica copies*

Gravijah

Rei_Toei said:
http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Gamereactor-Denmark.jpg[MG]

=

[IMG]http://ui24.gamespot.com/1943/squallgunblade_2.jpg[MG]

?[/QUOTE]

well, they [I]are[/I] both girls...

Furret

Banned

QFT.

I'm genuinely curious as to why people are posting they're optimistic? How are you coming to this conclusion based on the evidence so far presented?

Gravijah

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Didn't the Umbrella special forces who got wasted in RE2 and Zero dress exactly like that, gasmasks and all?
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/3/32055-123830-3jpg-468x.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

Those dudes are awesome. I want them back.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
KingDizzi said:
Looking forward to it, Slant 6 are also not bad devs so it will be interesting to see how this game turns out. Granted when Confrontation released the game was horrible but with patches it turned into a really good game, here's to hoping they aren't forced to release a half finished game again!

Call me crazy, but I think releasing a half-finished game qualifies a dev. studio as being bad.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Didn't the Umbrella special forces who got wasted in RE2 and Zero dress exactly like that, gasmasks and all?
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/3/32055-123830-3jpg-468x.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Far from "exactly like that", but that's the obvious inspiration.

[QUOTE=Rei_Toei][IMG]http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Gamereactor-Denmark.jpg

=

squallgunblade_2.jpg

?
More than a Gunblade, it looks like a dual gun-trowel.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
We're back to judging on cover pics? I thought people learned something at least from Prey

Gravijah

Teetris said:
We're back to judging on cover pics? I thought people learned something at least from Prey

It's a third person team based shooting game. Based on Resident Evil. Sure you could see why people are cautious?

If I can move around while aiming and shooting then I will keep my eyes on it, otherwise not interested. Had enough of those controls.

olimpia84

what the fuck are those pics? those uniforms don't look anything like the originals shown in the RE2 cutscene. I bet Capcom is going for the high-tech look and gadgets...somebody needs to remind them that the game is in 1998 not 2015!

olimpia84 said:
what the fuck are those pics? those uniforms don't look anything like the originals shown in the RE2 cutscene. I bet Capcom is going for the high-tech look and gadgets...somebody needs to remind them that the game is in 1998 not 2015!

I'm sure Mila Jovovich will be in the game as a unlockable character.

Jocchan said:
Far from "exactly like that", but that's the obvious inspiration.

More than a Gunblade, it looks like a dual gun-trowel.
The second Game Reactor cover and the OXM cover are nearly a copy/paste of the old design, minus the helmet and knee pads. The grenade belts, gun holsters, automatic weapons, knife sheaths, and black fatigues were already there, this isn't a a case of a game design getting the "dudebro" treatment.

Edit: I take that back, the new designs still have the kneepads.

Why can't I shake the feeling that you were masturbating when writing this?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The old design doesn't wear a bloody apron like some psychotic butcher, how does it look the same to people? The new design isn't spec ops, it's some dominatrix dexter shit.

Edit: the hooded dude looks ok by me (except for the hood, and his pose in the green look, gun kata shit or what is that?), the other two look out of place though.

Sounds appropriately dark and a nice twisted concept that will allow players to really dig back into Raccoon City without necessarily replaying either RE2 or 3. I really enjoy what I'm hearing right now. I'm not too concerned with the character art thus far.

My main concern is the production values. I don't want to play through what feels like multiple multiplayer maps, run into Leon (shitty graphics and all) and have him just say a couple of words and you can kill him or something. As a top notch effort with good visuals I think this concept has the potential to be a strong title, but with the type of support capcom usually gives to its outsourced companies (no use of their engine, lack of a give a damn) I am just going to sit back and wait...

Zenith

Banned
Sounds like they have a dedicated singleplayer mode.

But after seeing those "customised" player models on those magazine covers I'm getting Lost Planet 2 vibes here.

Alextended said:
The old design doesn't wear a bloody apron like some psychotic butcher, how does it look the same to people? The new design isn't spec ops, it's some dominatrix dexter shit.
That's one of 4 designs shown. Is this gane supposed to be a class based shooter? Do the individual soldiers have personalities, or is it more like LP2?

Sectus

Sho_Nuff82 said:
32055-123830-3jpg-468x.jpg
I think I notice a few gigantic huge big differences between that and the one new character looking like a butcher.

The new character designs looks like a really bizarre mix of Hunk and the character designs from Jericho.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sho_Nuff82 said:
The second Game Reactor cover and the OXM cover are nearly a copy/paste of the old design, minus the helmet and knee pads. The grenade belts, gun holsters, automatic weapons, knife sheaths, and black fatigues were already there, this isn't a a case of a game design getting the "dudebro" treatment.

Edit: I take that back, the new designs still have the kneepads.
Uhm, no. They're noticeably different, much more on the "extreme" side, obviously with the goal of making them more recognizable and giving them more personality (not a negative). I believe they're supposed to be a renegade squad or something, right?

Awesome, I always wanted to play as a leather daddy in a Resident Evil game.

Other than the "butcher", they don't look that bad.

Jocchan said:
Uhm, no. They're noticeably different, much more on the "extreme" side, obviously with the goal of making them more recognizable and giving them more personality (not a negative). I believe they're supposed to be a renegade squad or something, right?
"Extreme" hoody perhaps? You guys need a new bogeyman. They are, aside from the butcher, wearing normal RE-military fatigues. The OXM cover guy is even posing like an RE character.

_dementia said:
Looking at the magazine covers, I think it would be cool if they called this reboot Biohazard like the jpapnese games

Most generic sounding name ever, I'm glad they went for Resident Evil in the west, sounds super sinister :D

Top Bottom