• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Project Resistance: Hands-On Impressions.

Oh what the fuck.

Just make RE8, you asshats.
These comments are always strange to me. Do you really think they aren't working on RE8? You think after RE7 they just said let's not work on the next major mainline title. It's most definitely gonna make it's appearance on the next set of systems. This goes for RE3 too...just cuz a spin off releases doesn't mean other projects aren't being worked on. We JUST got RE2 this year, a spin off is to give the next major title some room.

Lanrutcon

These comments are always strange to me. Do you really think they aren't working on RE8? You think after RE7 they just said let's not work on the next major mainline title. It's most definitely gonna make it's appearance on the next set of systems. This goes for RE3 too...just cuz a spin off releases doesn't mean other projects aren't being worked on. We JUST got RE2 this year, a spin off is to give the next major title some room.

I remember Raccoon City.

Never forget.

Aggelos

famitsu coverage

tumblr_py1bynzLPb1vsb5ezo1_1280.png

tumblr_py1bynzLPb1vsb5ezo2_1280.png

tumblr_py1bynzLPb1vsb5ezo3_1280.png

tumblr_py1bynzLPb1vsb5ezo4_1280.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why couldn't they just made RE Rev2 raid mode but faster and with more skins? Who asked for this lame shit and "realism" tism? Stop trying to be an American gaming company Capcom smh.

Aggelos

PlayStation presents LIVE SHOW PlayStation祭 OSAKA 2019

1st game they presented was Project Resistance

Last edited:

Zannegan

Huh. So this is kinda like the throwaway multiplayer mode in ZombiU, only fleshed out? Like a midpoint between that, L4D, and RE5. Neat.

Last edited:

Generic

It looks very rough, but I appreciate the developers for making an actual game rather than a techdemo to sell VR peripherals. The 10 minutes demo alone does have more enemy diversity than the entire RE7. Game has potential.

Gargus

Banned
Looks interesting but I have to pass since its multiplayer. Unless a game has a reasonable msrp I don't usually buy most games new, I wait for a sale or price drop. By the time its low enough there might not be enough people online to play with to make it worthwhile. In general I don't like games that are dependent on other players to be enjoyed that aren't like an mmo or something.

It actually looks ok here. It would be fun to play with some close friends online. I just wish valve made L4D3 damn it, ugh. I guess Capcom filling in the blanks for now, is good enough.

Turtle rock made l4d1 and I loved it, valve made l4d2 which i did not like at all. So if they made a 3rd one I'd pass on it despite not wanting to pass. But 1 was such a great game and tons of fun, I played that on and off for a year. But 2 was just too dumb feeling, too many mechanics, too many special ammo or items or weapons around, the characters weren't interesting and the levels were boring except the airport. It just felt like a action game with no sense of suspense or tension where you had to work together. And instead of something where I could suspend disbelief and get sucked in 2 had clowns as zombies and a more comedic arcade type of feel to it.

I've always thought it'd be interesting to have a Theme Hospital-type game but instead you manage an Umbrella Lab where you oversee experiments, develop viruses, contain outbreaks, pay off police etc.

Shit, just thinking about, there's so much cool stuff you could jam into a game like that.

I'm surprised no one has made a proper SCP style tycoon/theme game period (Lobotomy Corporation left me wanting).

Aranea

I signed up for the PS4 closed beta but received no code. Oh well better luck next time.

Last edited:

stranno

I played Outbreak a bit when the servers were revived some years ago and i was banned from all japanese servers. All of them had a "minimum skill required" name :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
they did twice and both times have failed and this is attempt 3.

The people saying the bad comments are more than likely the people guaranteed to buy the game. Waiting to reach some sorta Twitch mega storm is ludicrous. They say "Capcom is back" and then their next move is try and have this huge viewer count. I wonder if they ever go back to look at these obscure titles they've released over the years and thought "these didn't sell as well". Why keep spending money on that (again)? Anyone who falls in love with a franchise will more than likely look at the library of game(s) that came out before this one. It will sell a couple million less than the game the fans want to be actually made.

Capcom must want this title made to say "hey, we have a new multiplayer zombie game". Fans aren't screaming at them to make this. We want Resident Evil 3 or Resident Evil 8. If this comes out and hits some sorta ''sub-bar" then this game was made to just be some filler until "Capcom comes back". I am not the only one thinking this new game is going to sell peanuts compared to the other games.

dan76

I've just had a quick run through of the tutorial and it's seems ok. I'll be playing online tonight.
There are lots of options for camera speed and how close the camera is to your character which is good. Playing as a survivor has exactly the same feel as REmake2 so no surprise there.

The major thing that bugs me after playing for 15 minutes is how ugly the UI is. That horrible big ass timer, the way doors and items are high lighted looks like something out of Tron, it doesn't belong in a RE game. They did the same kind of overkill with Umbrella Corps. I hope they change it, it needs to feel more real world, more organic.

I can't help thinking that the scope of the game could be huge. Imagine a scenario that might take an hour to complete, running through the police station finding items, boarding up window etc. Could be great.

SuperGooey

With the constant bad dialogue between characters, I almost mistook this for an Insomniac game, but I'd never mistake this for a Resident Evil game. Haha

This hardly constitutes as a full game, but it would also be disappointing as a new mode DLC for RE2make. I just don't see this game taking off at all.

azz0r

Banned
I played it at X019.

The controls were clunky. The goals were samey. The zombies were difficult to target.

SuperGooey

At first I thought this game looked like utter shit, but after watching more gameplay... I'm sure of it.

I know this sounds shitty, but I hope Resistance fails big time. Cutting out Mercenaries for this shit deserves some blowback.

WITH THAT SAID... Resistance doesn't have microtransations. Those "lootboxes" are just items earned after matches. Again, gaming "journalism" is a fucking joke and can't seem to do anything right other than being complete fucking dipshits.

Last edited:

dDoc

From what Ive seen on Twitch Resistance doesnt look very interesting unfotunately. Mercenaries would have been way better. Minus 1 quality point for Capcom due to this

Playing on Xbox, outside of stupid teammates it seems pretty solid.

There should be a way to override stupid teammates. Like I clear a room and there is a puzzle piece but Dickwad McGee darts in and grabs it and then never uses it to complete the puzzle.

Just played a match and the Mastermind threw like seven zombies at us on the first door, was insane. Idk how they got the points for that.

Top Bottom