• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) real-time demo video

Zoc

Kayhan said:
The list of future crow-eaters grows ever longer. Though you do kinda waver by admitting it could be 229.

Whatever, if it's over $250 no one will buy it, including me and most of the people in this thread. Nintendo will be the only ones eating crow.

Eteric Rice

$199

I'm quite sure Nintendo wouldn't make the same mistake Sony did.

$250 would be retarded for a handheld gaming system. Hell, I'm one of the biggest Nintendo fans on this board and I'd be hard pressed to pay $250.

Kayhan

Zoc said:
Whatever, if it's over $250 no one will buy it, including me and most of the people in this thread. Nintendo will be the only ones eating crow.
I don't think anyone is really suggesting above 250, though.

229 or 249 seems realistic to me, however.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
cvxfreak said:
Or RE4 for the GameCube...
I meant it was an announced game that switched platform without having seen neither one screen from it on the first platform. Plus it was Capcom again.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Sammy Samusu said:
Now imagine it in 3D... OH GOD!

And I hope they will bring Monster Hunter Portable games to 3DS!
At this point, it's 100% guarantee that MH is going to be on the 3DS. Now Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be a great surprise!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Chris1964 said:
You seem so sure for the price.

Here's another one for the list:
US: $200-$230,
Europe: €$200-€230
Japan ¥20.000-¥22.000

EB Games AU are predicting a $350 (well, they have it listed for $348) RRP. :(

ToD_

I'm getting the impression that 60MB video is what was playing in 3d on the 3DS. Allowing you to turn on/off the 3d effect and pan and zoom the camera (high res video). I do think the 3DS is capable of rendering all that in realtime, but that it was simply presented as a video. It all looks within spec, at least. Or am I missing something?

ToD_ said:
I'm getting the impression that 60MB video is what was playing in 3d on the 3DS. Allowing you to turn on/off the 3d effect and pan and zoom the camera (high res video). I do think the 3DS is capable of rendering all that in realtime, but that it was simply presented as a video. It all looks within spec, at least. Or am I missing something?

I agree but good luck convincing anyone.

The main thing is the artifacts strongly suggest it's representative of what the 3DS can do, but take the antialiasing, resolution, and PR statements with a pinch of salt.

Kayhan

Confidence Man said:
Target render I bet. Or just cinema-specific visuals. Expecting that from actual gameplay is a little much I would think.
See that blurry finger and those jaggy shadows in the gif? Seems like real-time gameplay to me.

Kayhan said:
See that blurry finger and those jaggy shadows in the gif? Seems like real-time gameplay to me.

Even current-gen games have jaggy shadows. I seriously doubt you're going to see actual gameplay with the lighting and self-shadowing like they're showing there.

Confidence Man said:
Even current-gen games have jaggy shadows. I seriously doubt you're going to see actual gameplay with the lighting and self-shadowing like they're showing there.

Um, one of the things we do know about the graphics chip Nintendo is using is that is has very good shaders.

$199.99 day 1
$229.99 day 1
$249.99 day 1- please include a free demo of.... Metroid Dread B), since a prime hunters demo came with the DS :lol

if it is higher then that, huh Nintendo would have to include a free game, pre installed software or Nintendo points to buy random stuff.

Seeing that trailer again on the gamespot website instead of YouTube :D ,can't wait to see more.

kinggroin

Banned
saw the hq video, yeah thats not realtime. i have no doubt the 3ds gpu rendered that, but what was on display in the end was a video. too bad no one checked for video compression artifacts.

Gravijah

Pinko Marx said:
DAT MIDI SOUNDTRACK.

YbQxC.gif

Kolgar

Ah, sanity on this page!

I was going to say I'd be surprised if that's realtime, but people were so elated that I was reluctant to pee on the party.

Will believe it when I see those graphics in game. Until then, I remain cautiously optimistic about this exciting new handheld.

ILikeFeet

Banned
geez, Gravijah, what makes you so sure of the price?

my guess is still $199. $229 if it has a demo. $249 if it has Kid Icarus (or some other game).

the problem with the PSP Go, there was nothing new. so people really didn't see the need to buy one. all nintendo has to do is heavily advertise the fact it has glasses-less 3D and the huge boost in graphics as well as the games, and people would eat it up at $249.

FoneBone

I'm not saying they will do it, but at this point anybody who thinks they couldn't get away with $249 at launch is nuts.

VV Yeah, I think anything below $199 is wishful thinking, regardless of the actual production costs.

Gravijah

Just for fun, I see the 3DS launching at 199.99 to be the most probable. 249.99 can happen, but I don't believe it will. 179.99 is also highly unlikely.

Chinner said:
i agree with you, the footage is obviously fake

this is what it'll REALLY look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=105Lbnxl9p0&feature=player_embedded
Did anyone else notice the biceps/forearms on Chris?

He went from bulky to normal and then he hulked out in this gen. Maybe he'll become skinny again in the next gen.:lol
Gravijah said:
Just for fun, I see the 3DS launching at 199.99 to be the most probable. 249.99 can happen, but I don't believe it will. 179.99 is also highly unlikely.
$599.99 US DOLLARS

Donnie

Kolgar said:
Ah, sanity on this page!

I was going to say I'd be surprised if that's realtime, but people were so elated that I was reluctant to pee on the party.

What are you talking about?

Why do people keep mentioning the Go?

The PSP launched with, like, a cloth and a UMD movie here for $250. It didn't start bombing until the DS started taking off.

cvxfreak

Chris1964 said:
I meant it was an announced game that switched platform without having seen neither one screen from it on the first platform. Plus it was Capcom again.

Resident Evil 4 fits this description. We didn't see anything from it before Capcom announced it for GameCube. Devil May Cry doesn't count, either.

People noted the similarities when MH3 was announced for Wii.

I guess we have no real proof that RE PSP is gone, but it's certainly MIA and this game doesn't help at all.

Durante

Pureauthor said:
Um, one of the things we do know about the graphics chip Nintendo is using is that is has very good shaders.
1) Shaders have very little (if anything) to do with shadowing.
2) Saying that a GPU has "good shaders" these days almost invariably means "programmable shaders". Since this is not the case with the PICA200 I wouldn't describe it like that.

Anyway, the people saying that this video can't be realtime are getting annoying (unless they are referring to the image quality, which usually they are not). If you take away the IQ it's really not that impressive, and certainly not unbelievable.

Gravijah

ShockingAlberto said:
Why do people keep mentioning the Go?

The PSP launched with, like, a cloth and a UMD movie here for $250. It didn't start bombing until the DS started taking off.

Whoa whoa whoa there, sir.

The PSP was born a bomb. Next you'll try telling me that it actually outsold the DS at random points in it's existence!

cyberheater said:
VLC is displaying this as 2 video streams. Is that correct?
Wait, really?

Try to see if you can switch between the video streams... If so, that would be cool. I can't download it right now...

Maybe this will bring in the new era of 3D trailers!

Top Bottom