• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance graphics now > E3 demo. (This is the thread of the month. Click this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
momolicious said:
well if they keep showing unfinished games... people will just trash it

Games are almost always going to be incomplete while they're being shown to the public. So for devs its just a matter of getting them to a point where you're happy with what you've got before showing it off. If you've got a bunch of framerate issues and alot of effects haven't even gone in then there's little to no reason to show that off. Just look at Assassins Creed, we've seen some screens but no actual in game movie. They just aren't ready to show that to the public yet. According to people that saw it behind doors at E3 it had alot of framerate problems and some of the animation was still off so they're naturally holding back on it until its ready.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's annoying I give you that. It really all comes down to 1 thing, and that's whether or not they can make it with the wait once the floodgates open up on it. If they can then not showing builds they aren't happy about wasn't a bad move. Even if it is annoying to not have anything for such long periods of time.

I don't understand the stupid ^__^ing "wait for TGS" mentality from BOTH Sony AND Nintendo. They need to launch soon, it makes no sense to hold on to information and media with ^__^ing only a couple of months to go, it ESPECIALLY makes no sense to wait for print mags, the PR campaign has to start like... NOW? If they're holding a PRESS EVENT on TUESDAY, that shit has got to come out the next day, it makes sense NOT to embargo the ^__^ing thing until some god-forsaken mag goes to print when you've got ONLY TWO ^__^ing months to go, am I right?
gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy said:
I don't understand the stupid ^__^ing "wait for TGS" mentality from BOTH Sony AND Nintendo. They need to launch soon, it makes no sense to hold on to information and media with ^__^ing only a couple of months to go, it ESPECIALLY makes no sense to wait for print mags, the PR campaign has to start like... NOW? If they're holding a PRESS EVENT on TUESDAY, that shit has got to come out the next day, it makes sense NOT to embargo the ^__^ing thing until some god-forsaken mag goes to print when you've got ONLY TWO ^__^ing months to go, am I right?
gladtomeetya.gif

Is Nintendo even going to be at TGS this year? There was some thread recently about them holding some kind of conference in the next few weeks and that's likely when they'll let everything out.

As far as the wait goes. PS3 games (outside of HS) were criticized at E3 graphically, so instead of showing small upgrades every few months up until a show they're just holding back until they can get the final or near final graphics engines in place. Insomniac atleast seems pretty confident the changes since E3 are going to impress people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom