• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Sales Age Thread

Celine

Oct 4, 2009
C Celine Ah thanks for that link. I also came here hoping to get spreadsheets of retro software sales by dming ppl in this thread cuz I read posting that info publicly is a big no no. Also know any good sites for Sega software sales? I am really curious about Shinobi, Alex Kidd & Street Of Rage.
The problem with retro games sales data is that sell-through estimates from the like of NPD/Famitsu are unreliable for those old games.
Sell-in data by the publisher is what you should look for but it's hard to get such data from them especially for decade old games (all those publishers if they still exist moved on a long time ago).
Despite my best attempts I could never build a Sega sales archive, in the same way I did for Nintendo.
I'm not even sure who within Sega today could access and know where to look for the old company accounting (where should be recorded how much of X item was sold to retailers or overseas subsidiaries).
The impression I have is that if they had to cite something today about their past games modern Sega will just look up in the Internet instead.

Last edited:

Celine

Oct 4, 2009
B BKK

PCE shipments include PCE GT and PCE LT shipments (and Supergrafx).
A more detailed brerakdown (note that the 270K shipped after FY ending 92/3 may contain more PCE GT/LT units but by my educated guess at most 10K-20K).

Last edited: