• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Hacked emails raise possibility of Clinton Foundation ethics breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

USC-fan

Banned
Foundation officials told Reuters last year that they did not always comply with central provisions of the agreement with President Barack Obama's administration, blaming oversights in some cases.

At least eight other countries besides Qatar gave new or increased funding to the foundation, in most cases to fund its health project, without the State Department being informed, according to foundation and agency records. They include Algeria, which gave for the first time in 2010, and the United Kingdom, which nearly tripled its support for the foundation's health project to $11.2 million between 2009 and 2012.

Foundation officials have said some of those donations, including Algeria, were oversights and should have been flagged, while others, such as the UK increase, did not qualify as material increases.

Oops It was just an oversight. LOL Why even sign the agreement? Just insane.

lenovox1

He would have done much worse; in fact, he would have never won the nomination in the first place. See Carly Fiorina.

Fiorina is nothing like Trump. I can't think of a wealthy older woman that is anything like Trump in any aspect, much less a someone like Trump that has attempted public service.

Someone like Linda McMahon who could spent $100 million for her own Senate race and still lost?

The "much worse" answer remains the same obviously.

Polari

I still don't get it.

It's a highly rated charity that spends most of it's endowments on good works.

Where is the evidence that this actually means anything for Qatar to donate? How does Hillary benefit from this? How did Qatar benefit?

I'm not some Clinton apologist; I just haven't seen evidence of this foundation being anything but legit.

So the question is then, why is Qatar donating the money? They must get something out of it, right? Is it perhaps because it helps legitimise their own horrific human rights abuses? Because it indirectly buys them influence?

Dismiss those two if you want, but then explain what it is you think Qatar gets out of this.

Fat4all

Banned
So the question is then, why is Qatar donating the money? They must get something out of it, right? Is it perhaps because it helps legitimise their own horrific human rights abuses? Because it indirectly buys them influence?

Dismiss those two if you want, but then explain what it is you think Qatar gets out of this.

As far as anyone is aware, they don't get anything out of it except for the right to say that they donated to it, unless you have some sort of proof that it does.

Maybe they just think they can get something out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom