• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revered iOS game Monument Valley "bombarded" with 1 star reviews after paid expansion

Haunted

Goddamn entitled PC hardcore gamers whining aga-

wait what

V2.0.1 of the game was released.
Most of the 1 star reviews were for v2.0.0.

In the AppStore, you can only see the reviews for the latest version, or the accumulated reviews for all versions.
daaamn

soothe.

For $4.99 I can purchase Grand Theft Auto Vice City or Grand Theft Auto III. For $6.99 I can purchase Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

Those are full console games, for either $1 less, or $1 more than the 'complete edition' of Monument Valley which will provide a little more than an hour of game play.

those GTA-games you mentioned are also over 10 years old that were being sold for 50-60 dollars at the time.

i see where you're coming from but i don't really think that is an apt comparison.

Acinixys

Two dollars? That's about one hoof's worth of horse armor.

heh

Its funny to see the general non gamer public react so strongly

We're use to stuff like this so we eat it up

Game: $60
DLC: $60
Season Pass: $30

WTF THATS SO EXPENSI- Pulls out wallet

qko

The problem is that mobile has accustomed its users to the free/99 cents model. If you are a developer on mobile you'd be blind to not understand that. Heck, I myself wait for a Deal of the Day now because games I've paid $5 bucks for end up free or 99 cents at some point. Its about time devs tell Apple and Google to do something.

Pretty much I'd say the same reaction would occur if Steam went a year without sales, or decided something like "This Winter the only games on sale will be indies" or something to that extent.

You've accustomed your consumers to a certain standard and its the kind of consumer culture Apple and Google have created for their shops. Its going to take a lot of work on both Google and Apple to change that culture which they don't seem to care about doing anyway. They can tell devs to create meatier and costlier games, but if the Ripoff Artists that plague mobile shops can create the same game with a different skin, sell it for 99 cents and Apple/Google lets them do it, the "entitled/casual gamers" on mobile are going to continue existing.

chris121580

For $4.99 I can purchase Grand Theft Auto Vice City or Grand Theft Auto III. For $6.99 I can purchase Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

Those are full console games, for either $1 less, or $1 more than the 'complete edition' of Monument Valley which will provide a little more than an hour of game play.

Congrats...you can pay 4.99 for a mediocre port with terrible controls or you can pay that much for a game that is designed from the ground up for iOS, is innovative, supports a small developer, and utilizes the touch screen in unique ways

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
V2.0.1 of the game was released.
Most of the 1 star reviews were for v2.0.0.

In the AppStore, you can only see the reviews for the latest version, or the accumulated reviews for all versions.
Right now, "all versions" has a few more 1 star reviews than it used to, but nothing significative.
v2.0.1 still doesn't have enough reviews in my region's AppStore to show the results.

But what about all the previous reviews? where do they go?

Top Bottom