• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REWASD - The new, "legal" cross play plague

As if the illegally available cheats on the PC didn't already make almost every shooter unplayable, there is now also a "legal" cheat for PC users called REWASD.

The program was originally intended to make unrecognized input devices (gamepads) usable in any game or under any OS.

But what it is used for: Precise mouse/keyboard controls paired with the standard gamepad auto aim, thanks to REWASD. You can even set certain parameters... for example, completely deactivate the recoil of weapons.

Enough is enough. Crossplay between PS, Xbox (and Switch) - Completely ok and even desirable.
But please keep the PC out! Or at least give us a choice!

Until then I am only going to play single player games.

- Original article in german
- Video by jackfrags

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Until then I am only going to play single player games.

Unimpressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

I think opt-out should absolutely be a standard option across the board so babies can pretend that it's not them that sux, it's the "cheaters". Cheating is easily accessible by those that want pretty much across every platform. Closing your wall won't really change that, but it might make you feel better I guess.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think they should remove auto aim for controller so that the benefits from this are removed.

See problem resolved, no one needs to use the software anymore.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Shit, I've been using ReWASD just to remap buttons and create macros on my controller to take screenshots, etc..

Hope it doesn't trigger any anti-cheat detection in the games I play.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's the same concept as popular/widespread devices like this on consoles, just purely software based as that's the difference on PC, the ability to run programs concurrently and such.
Same anti cheat methods that detect such macro behavior that counters recoil and what not in this or that game can be used I imagine, if they're successful is another matter I guess.

REWASD (and various adapter devices as those above) also allows for a way to use mouse & keyboard to play your PS5 games via remote play so crossplay or no you're fucked, hah.

tl;dr, console players cheat just as much, stop pretending otherwise and enjoy (or accuse them all the same without your confirmation/fanboy bias clouding your vision & judgement).

Last edited:

hlm666

I mean having no aim/tracking assist on any platforms would fix the problem. Put gyro aiming in all games and have all controllers support it and boom no need for assists and controllers are competitive vs mouse then.

just sayin.

Top Bottom