• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rex Tillserson Debates Quitting After "Unprofessional" Trump bashes Jeff Sessions

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think everyone who works for Trump thinks they're one of the lucky ones and he trusts and gives a shit about them only for them all to realize he doesn't care about anyone but himself and will easily throw them all under the bus to make himself look good for 5 minutes. Some obviously don't care or are so far in they got nothing else but dudes like Tillerson are probably realizing that if they don't get out now they're only one fuck up away from Trump totally turning on them. It doesn't even matter if the fuck up is legit or not, all it takes is you being portrayed negatively on Saturday Night Live and he can start shitting on you.

The guy who lives his life like a bratty teenager is all of a sudden deemed unprofessional. I suppose shitting on wild racist dickhead Jeff Sessions is a bridge too far for Tillerson.

I really hope everyone who somehow blames Hillary for the US' current predicament feels really fucking dumb.

Was she the ideal candidate? Did she run the perfect race? Maybe not but you knew what you were getting with Trump.

Everyone who voted for him, and worse, everyone who stayed home out of apathy because Hillary didn't "inspire" them is a moron and deserves their current fate.

Lmo911

This administration will hopefully be held up as an example anytime someone says that government should be run by businessmen from now on. Just pathetic.

So unfair to this President. Tremendously unfair. If he had just told Trump he'd think about resigning because of his unprofessional comments and never-ending incompetence, he'd have given the job to someone else.

jiggle

I really hope everyone who somehow blames Hillary for the US' current predicament feels really fucking dumb.

Was she the ideal candidate? Did she run the perfect race? Maybe not but you knew what you were getting with Trump.

Everyone who voted for him, and worse, everyone who stayed home out of apathy because Hillary didn't "inspire" them is a moron and deserves their current fate.
325043_original.gif

Gallbaro

Banned
The first reasonable one in the line of succession?

God I hope Trump makes it through the rest of his term. Incompetence is our best friend!

Zolo

This administration will hopefully be held up as an example anytime someone says that government should be run by businessmen from now on. Just pathetic.

They'll just claim in the future that Trump was a bad businessman anyway.

Tillerson should leave before Trump decides to insult him before millions on Twitter like Sessions. No point in tying yourself to a sinking ship.

bionic77

After the graceful way he ruined all of those marriages and businesses not to mention the ingenious decision to run his campaign like a rich juggalo I frankly am shocked at this newest setback to the Trump administration.

watershed

Banned
It's clearly hell to work in this administration but Rex is no angel either. I hope he quits and writes a tell all book. The more chaos and drama for Trump, the better for America.

jelly

Rex is there for one purpose only, help force through lifting of Russian sanctions. It looks like it's never going to happen so he will walk, simple as that, nothing to do with Sessions etc.

Fury451

Banned
THAT was the straw that broke the camel's back? THAT one?

Probably not, I'm sure he's been sick of his shit all along but maybe thought he could do something useful with his position. Now he can't, and he knows there's no probability of any part of this malfunctioning machine accidentally working together, so he's going to bail. This specific instance is probably incidental.p

Iksenpets

Banned
The guy Trump hired to sell out to Russia and the guy Trump hired to be racist quitting after less than a year because even they find Trump unbearable would be amazing. They're probably the two worst people in his cabinet, but I also dread who he's replace them with.

I'm so glad that sanctions appear to be one of the only bipartisan issues we have going.

To be fair, though, Trump's tweet about Sessions was fucked up. Calling Sessions a "beleaguered A.G." like he's throwing shade in the primaries was weird as hell, and the patently stupid complaint Trump had was that Sessions wasn't investigating Hillary was just eyerolly in the extreme. Trump busting out the incredibly disrespectful name-call ("Low-energy Jeb," "Lyin' Ted") against a member of his own cabinet was bound to make other members raise an eyebrow.

At any rate, I love watching the infighting because it keeps them busy, scattered, and unfocused. Maybe they'll just call each other names and bicker until 2018 when we can take away their majorities and curb their power for real.

Prediction: Trump's entire non-family WH staff will be replaced before the end of his first year in office.

In the end, nobody wants to work closely with that asshole. If he isn't a direct relative of theirs, they will bail out on him.

He is insufferable.

Azuran

Banned
lmao this administration is such a fucking joke. Trump giving people stupid nicknames didn't clue this Russian stooge that Trump was the farthest thing from a professional?

Putin likes Tillerson and Sessions.

Trump better keep it together or that pee pee tape might find it's way to the failing New York Times.

Top Bottom