• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Dolan: " we are a species right now in the midst of the greatest Revolution to our existence .. since we discovered fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sono

Gold Member
(if you are unaware Richard Dolan is an educated, well spoken and considered well respected UFO/UAP researcher who has been researching the topic for decades, with his own channel)

He gives a very interesting interview with Chris Lehto (ex F16 pilot) about the topic of UAP disclosure of which there is a huge amount of interest at the moment with US congress being involved , whisle blower testimony (David Grusch etc)

It is 90minutes long and worth a listen, you can listen at x2 it is perfectly understandable to save time

What particularly caused me to create this thread is his comment at 49:30, which is not about UAP specifically but about us..

Right now we have moving into the abilities that are rapidly advancing

Gene editing (CRISPR etc)
Quantum Computing
Strong AI ; singularity level probably in another decade

So putting that all together we seem to be moving into something that's going to utterly transform all of human civilization in the next few decades but no one has a proper appreciation of this

So he jokes that the UAPs are here to watch the greatest transformation as it happens.

Are you involved with any of these things, what do you think about our future

FunkMiller

Gold Member
(if you are unaware Richard Dolan is an educated, well spoken and considered well respected UFO/UAP researcher who has been researching the topic for decades, with his own channel)

You forgot the bit about him being a 9/11 conspiracy nutcase.

Careful... who's in that van parked outside your house right now?

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

Last edited:
Fire is everything, didn't the meso Americans get along with no wheel? It's pretty damn important though. No industrial revolution without either for example.

I think 10 years for a "singularity" level event seems very plausible. Humanity is in store for a roller coaster of change.

GloveSlap

I’ve been interested in UFOs long enough to know all the “experts” and “whistleblowers” are full of shit. And though I believe AI will be revolutionary it’s being massively overhyped in respect to its capabilities in the next decade or two.
I'm still interested and very open to UFOs, but i too remember when real proof was "right around the corner" in the 1990s.

Liljagare

I think 10 years for a "singularity" level event seems very plausible. Humanity is in store for a roller coaster of change.

Yepp, 0,01% of the population control 99,9% of wealth, toss out a few stories, people swallow it aaaall, hook line and sinker, and ignore the real issues staring at our faces. UFO/UAV's = aliens are the new propaganda channels, people gobble it up.

cormack12

Gold Member
I remember watching a documentary called the x files that made a good point. It was the episode 'war of the coprophages'.

Basically the point was we are sending probes out and these little robots as our first contact, yet we have this odd expectation that aliens or UFOs will just turn up in our atmosphere. Our first alien contact would likely be some sort of probe husk or similar small robots that would be quite easy to take possession of because that would be their purpose - to deliberately seek and establish contact.

Anyway, the female presenter Dana Scully was banging hot.

The trouble is, the next ten years is going to be when civilization genuinely collapses if certain factors aren't stopped, the 2024 election is basically going to be sink or swim time for the human race.

If it's stopped then yeah, we're in for some amazing changes in tech, otherwise in ten years you'll be lucky if you still have running water and easy access to food.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am always amazed that man learns to fly and in just over 60 years from that they land on the moon. That feels like the greatest technological revolution ever.

You forgot the bit about him being a 9/11 conspiracy nutcase.

Careful... who's in that van parked outside your house right now?

I didn’t watch that video but it’s pretty easy to go down the 9/11 conspiracy theory rabbit hole when there’s peer reviewed research studies confirming nano-thermite in the rubble from ground zero. Also, building 7 falling at the rate of free fall and not being hit by a plane. Not saying I believe the government did 9/11 as there’s counter arguments to all of these things but like I said, pretty easy to go down that rabbit hole.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I didn’t watch that video but it’s pretty easy to go down the 9/11 conspiracy theory rabbit hole when there’s peer reviewed research studies confirming nano-thermite in the rubble from ground zero. Also, building 7 falling at the rate of free fall and not being hit by a plane. Not saying I believe the government did 9/11 as there’s counter arguments to all of these things but like I said, pretty easy to go down that rabbit hole.

It isn’t if you have a grip on reality.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Do you people ever even attempt to do any due diligence when it comes to this stuff? Or do you just find the thing that confirms what you want to believe, and stop right there?

…you don’t need to answer that, because of course you do.

https://cdn.centerforinquiry.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2012/07/22164253/p05.pdf

A new report on studies of dust from the destruction of the Twin Towers has been released. The report by James R. Millette, PhD, of Georgia is titled “Progress Report on the Analysis of Red/Gray Chips in WTC Dust.”1 Journalist Chris Mohr, who has a whole series of YouTube videos about 9/11 conspiracy theories, commissioned the study; members of the James Randi Ed- ucational Foundation (JREF) helped raise funds for the study, which was is- sued February 29, 2012.
The study took another look at sam- ples of WTC dust, which Niels Harrit of Denmark and several others (includ- ing Steven Jones) purport contains nanothermitic materials (“Active Ther- mitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Ca- tastrophe,” The Open Chemical Physics Journal )
Millette’s conclusion contradicts that claim: “The red/gray chips found in the WTC dust at four sites in New York City are consistent with a carbon steel coated with an epoxy resin that contains primarily iron oxide and kaolin clay pig- ments. There is no evidence of individual elemental aluminum particles of any size in the red/gray chips, therefore the red layer of the red/gray chips is not thermite or nanothermite.”
If these chips aren’t thermite, then what are they? Millette performed sev- eral tests, including Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), on the chips and clearly showed that the chips are a mixture of kaolin and epoxy. Kaolin, also called aluminum silicate and china clay, is a platy mineral fre- quently used as a pigment in paints. Epoxy resins have been used in coatings since the 1940s.
Whatever the chips are, they are not thermite, as particles of elemental alu- minum are as crucial to thermite or nanothermite as heat and oxygen are to fire. No aluminum, no thermite.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/seven-resources-debunking-911-conspiracy-theories

There are literally thousands of evidential resources you can find with a Google search that discredits every single conspiracy - including the stuff about the thermite.

Last edited:
Do you people ever even attempt to do any due diligence when it comes to this stuff? Or do you just find the thing that confirms what you want to believe, and stop right there?

…you don’t need to answer that, because of course you do.

https://cdn.centerforinquiry.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2012/07/22164253/p05.pdf

https://www.cfr.org/blog/seven-resources-debunking-911-conspiracy-theories

There are literally thousands of evidential resources you can find with a Google search that discredits every single conspiracy - including the stuff about the thermite.

Did you not read my post? I said there is a counter point to every conspiracy theory on 9/11, including to the thermite one. I’m just saying it’s easy to go down the rabbit hole as some of it is very convicing.

The research paper I posted does talk about finding aluminum however. How do you explain that?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
With the state of the world as it is, the idea that alien probes are watching the imminent collapse or transformation of humanity is about as plausible as anything else. If you're reading this, send my regards to Betelgeuse before it goes supernova.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Singularity? Not even close. Unless some massive breakthroughs are achieved. We aren't even close to solving intelligence. All we have right now are token predictors.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The research paper I posted does talk about finding aluminum however. How do you explain that?

No, no, no. It's not up to me to explain to you about the 'findings' in one paper, written by people with a probable intention to promote the conspiracy... it's up to you to state (with evidence) why every single article ever written that debunks the conspiracies are wrong. I'll wait.

That's how things work in the real world - and not on the internet conspiracy circle jerk.

It is not easy to go down the rabbit hole, and none of it is very convincing.

Not if you spend any amount of time whatsoever actually researching the subject matter.

Aluminium??? In a massive tower block? Just there?? Impossible!

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
With the state of the world as it is, the idea that alien probes are watching the imminent collapse or transformation of humanity is about as plausible as anything else. If you're reading this, send my regards to Betelgeuse before it goes supernova.

Its Showtime Halloween GIF by Death Wish Coffee

I thought social media was the biggest revolution

No, no, no. It's not up to me to explain to you about the 'findings' in one paper, written by people with a probable intention to promote the conspiracy... it's up to you to state (with evidence) why every single article ever written that debunks the conspiracies are wrong. I'll wait.

That's how things work in the real world - and not on the internet conspiracy circle jerk.

It is not easy to go down the rabbit hole, and none of it is very convincing.

Not if you spend any amount of time whatsoever actually researching the subject matter.

Aluminium??? In a massive tower block? Just there?? Impossible!

Okay, so you're saying there was aluminum in the samples but it is easily explainable by the nature of the towers. Yet the paper you linked says they found no aluminum. The paper I linked talks about finding aluminum. That's confusing to me. That's confusing the lay person who doesn't have a degree in chemistry. The lay person might read the paper I linked and see it was written by scientists, people with PHD's, published in a physics chemistry journal and take it at face value. Hell, there's an entire organization called architects and engineers for 9/11 truth that think it was an inside job. Engineers and architects. Smart people with degrees.

What other conspiracy theory has that much science behind its claims? Science that yes, may be bunk and disingenuous, but masquerading as science nonetheless. Just think about the crack pot conspiracy theories we've seen developed over the last few years since Covid happened. Most of them have zero evidence behind them yet people so vehemently believed them.

The 9/11 conspiracy debate has been going on for a long time, with smart credible people on both sides. I'm just saying it's easy to get swept up in that shit if you aren't educated.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The 9/11 conspiracy debate has been going on for a long time, with smart credible people on both sides. I'm just saying it's easy to get swept up in that shit if you aren't educated.

This is the part where you are wholly, and completely wrong, my friend.

But I agree with you that ignorance is the prime motivator of believing conspiracy.

Last edited:
I used to think Trutherism was nonsense, because not even Dubya was that evil to do that to American citizens. Post COVID I no longer believe this.

Not saying I actively think 9/11 was an inside job, but I now put nothing beyond what my government is willing to do. 3000 some odd dead civilians is a fucking steal if it gives them an excuse to launder money through the MIC for two decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom