• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 2 for PSP (where is it?)

plik

i have the demo for it, love it. i can't find the game on any release lists. did it ever come out in any territory?

It came out in Japan (and maybe Europe), my guess is it's such a rehash Namco US didn't even bother. I would have like to have seen them release it as a Greatest Hit remix like Midnight Club 3 but I think they had already released Ridge Racer 1 as a GH at that point.

BuddyC

In conclusion, Namco hates America. And Europe too, just not as much. Like Mr. Driller Drill Land wasn't proof enough.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
BuddyC said:
In conclusion, Namco hates America. And Europe too, just not as much. Like Mr. Driller Drill Land wasn't proof enough.
yeah but they seem to hate RR fans as well.

BuddyC

jooey said:
yeah but they seem to hate RR fans as well.
Ain't that the truth. I really want to buzz on over to Namco and find out what's holding up all their PlayStation Store offerings. Heck, Japan's had the RR7 downloadable content for almost a month now, and worse yet, it actually works on the US version of the game! No excuses Namco! None at all!

And pray tell, where is Mr. Driller PSOne -> PSP? Again, Japan's had that one for a while too. It's not like Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection where you can justify the delay through (rumored) additional content!

cvxfreak

I bought the JP version last week and I think Namco would best relabel this as a director's cut or expansion of some sort and release it for $20.

Rayne.S

Banned
Its ben out since launch !

B0007NLSHO.02._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1118419326_.jpg

Add 4 tracks and a bucketload of new cars nobody cares about and you've got Ridge 2. Trust me man, my shops are still stuck with AT LEAST 15 pieces of em .....

The European version is playable on US and Japanese PSPs right? I thought about getting the English version sold by Play-Asia, but I don't know if that's reliable or not.

I've played it. I seriously couldn't tell it was a different game based on my recollection of the first one. Do not buy it. It does just feel like an expansion pack/director's cut or something.

Aristotlekh said:
I've played it. I seriously couldn't tell it was a different game based on my recollection of the first one. Do not buy it. It does just feel like an expansion pack/director's cut or something.

I thought there were 4 new tracks?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
BuddyC said:
Ain't that the truth. I really want to buzz on over to Namco and find out what's holding up all their PlayStation Store offerings. Heck, Japan's had the RR7 downloadable content for almost a month now, and worse yet, it actually works on the US version of the game! No excuses Namco! None at all!

And pray tell, where is Mr. Driller PSOne -> PSP? Again, Japan's had that one for a while too. It's not like Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection where you can justify the delay through (rumored) additional content!

SARCASM FIGHT

Top Bottom