• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems pretty hard for this not to be a good movie to me. It's all ready the most visually dynamic movie of 2012. I'm positive plenty of people won't like it, though. This will shatter a lot of ideas people had of the Space Jockey and many just won't stand for it. But I love that Scott is taking that risk and that him and the whole crew are putting all of their energy into it.

jett

D-Member
Stealing my thunder????

carusofuckyou2rr.gif

raredaigofootage3u4c.gif

Gambit

whenever I see a trailer like this, I am reminded how much of a Sci-Fi fan I am and how we need more great Sci-Fi films. Sadly, I rarely get to see trailers like this: beautifully crafted!

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
the music in the final film is absolutely critical to me. I trust Ridley will expect something creepy and somber out of Whatever-His-Name-Is.

...also, the scene with the figure jumping towards the person in the space suit is confusing. I've only watched it in the GIF form up top, but the figure seems CG to me. Also, why doesn't the figure have a space helmet on?
I love the mysteries. :D
Marc Streitenfeld hasn't got a particularly illustrious array of film compositions behind him yet, in fact he's pretty mediocre. It's the only real negative point so far.

you have no idea what you have been missing...err at least for the first two films...

I saw Aliens when I was quite young, but I can't remember much of it.

I don't know how I've let the series pass me by, I've always meant to watch them all but I've just never got around to it. Too many films! This is the perfect excuse to grab the Blu Rays though I think :)

Solo

fair enough Solo, though the more sci fi the better as far as i'm concerned.

You'll get no disagreement from me there. And like I said, I love the Star Trek's, District 9's, etc we've been getting and hope we keep getting them. But Ridley looks to be on another level altogether.

K444WSR

This looks amazing. No other word for it, simply amazing. More hyped for this than DKR and Hobbit combined why can't it be summer 2012 already

jett

D-Member
Edmond Dantès;33673965 said:
Marc Streitenfeld hasn't got a particularly illustrious array of film compositions behind him yet, in fact he's pretty mediocre. It's the only real negative point so far.

Ridley Scott keeps using the guy. He must be very good at following his orders. :p

Solo

Edmond Dantès;33673965 said:

I'd be less than shocked to see him tossed and replaced with a more experienced, reliable composer.

EVIL

Already watched it in SD (iPhone). Now I just need the HD to download and Youtube to show off to my friends.

Yeah, I'm guessing those are the Space Jockey(s). Which is why I'm a bit concerned. In Alien, the Space Jockey is gigantic, their size and stature are giant-like. Almost Godzilla-sized. I know they used children but it doesn't matter because that's the scale they were aiming for. But in the trailer, they look like those bald Aliens from "Dark City". Just slightly taller than normal humans.

He does have the same space suit as the rest of the crew members, maybe one is infected with the space jocky DNA.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
can you imagine how many minds would be blown if we had a Signourney Weaver cameo?
I don't think there's any need to shoehorn her into this, her legacy as Ripley will live long in the annuls of film history, but that's the past and this right here is the future.

EVIL

i3G6aBa1yEbiI.jpg

What do you think that is on the table?

maybe the better question is.. who is the super huge man standing infront of the camera

tracing the perspective, the guy is maybe 1.5 times as tall as the woman?

edit: nevermind, the woman is just small

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Why. Why?? WHY IS THIS MOVIE RELEASING DURING ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL???!!

Grrr.......

Looks phenomenal. Probably going to marathon the Alien Anthology Blu-ray this weekend.

Solo

The aesthetic of this is kinda like Sunshine but with 5 times as much cash, production value and scope driving it.

Fezan

Not a Fan of riddley scott.but this trailer was better than DKR and Hobbit combined.

I such a thing even posiible

Is it just me, or is the "is it or isn't it connected to Alien" thing just making the hype for this movie that much cooler? I would be stoked for new Ridley Sci Fi any day, but the constant tease of "no it isn't connected" followed by images that make it look connected just make me more excited.

I almost want to go into the theater opening night and the title of the movie be something completely different and have them pull a long con like that on us.

jett

D-Member
The aesthetic of this is kinda like Sunshine but with 5 times as much cash, production value and scope driving it.

...So no, it's not like Sunshine. I don't really like the look of that movie, like you implied it looks cheap and small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom