• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
New page: Space Jockey=big human?

Ymxaz.jpg

So the Space Jockey is a giant human? I knew that we'd receive incredibly lame answers with this movie. Sometimes its better to let things remain mysterious, Ridley Scott. Maybe someday you'll learn.

You never fail to disappoint.

I'm sure when you first saw the Space Jockey in Alien, your first instinct was to guess that this massive biomechanical being was just a big human in a suit.

It just screams of a needless retcon. I would consider myself disappointed, but I knew Scott would fuck this up back when it was first announced as an Alien prequel-hybrid. It's best to let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks, especially when the canonical answers are lame as shit.

I'm sure when you first saw the Space Jockey in Alien, your first instinct was to guess that this massive biomechanical being was just a big human.

I would consider myself disappointed, but I knew Scott would fuck this up back when it was first announced as an Alien prequel-hybrid. It's best to let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks, especially when the canonical answers are lame as shit.

You never have anything positive to say. This is just you being your cynical self.

andycapps

Ok wow, watched the HD version on youtube. Incredible. I feel like someone needs to do some screen caps of each second and we try to dissect it. There is a lot of info packed into that trailer.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The humanoid looks like he has the head of an Easter Island statue. Sort of.

Stet

Banned
This might actually be my most anticipated film of all time. I don't remember ever being so excited for a trailer.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
this shot is beautiful, just an amazing looking set with an amazing design. Even without theron it would still be a very beautiful shot.

The level of detail is staggering. There are actual small LCD screens with equally tiny graphics inside the suits.

Clip0002-3.jpg

First things first, Charlize Theron has a great ass and would make one hawt Samus Aran.

Clip0001-1.jpg

Now onto the spoilers...
it looks like there's *something* in that planet/chamber that either fucks up people pretty bad or turns them into Space Jockeys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Madridexpo/Misc/Clip0002-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Madridexpo/Misc/Clip0003-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Madridexpo/Misc/Clip0004.jpg

I've been waiting for someone to get a still of dat ass.

I'm sure when you first saw the Space Jockey in Alien, your first instinct was to guess that this massive biomechanical being was just a big human in a suit.

It just screams of a needless retcon. I would consider myself disappointed, but I knew Scott would fuck this up back when it was first announced as an Alien prequel-hybrid. It's best to let the audience's imagination fill in the blanks, especially when the canonical answers are lame as shit.

Well it was certainly humanoid, but I never would have thought it had something to do with creating human life. Although I definitely thought it had something to do with Xenomorph life.

It doesn't matter to me what the answers are, though. Those scenes on the derelict ship rely on atmosphere more than anything and nothing in Prometheus will change that. The trailer has given me more of that wonderful atmosphere and I'll always appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom