• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riese - a steampunk webseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
esbern said:
its alright. steampunk is kindof awkward in real life.

Without watching it, I would have to think that any live-action steampunk would require either quite a budget or a whole lot of talent to make it look not ridiculous. Web series very rarely have either, let alone both.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Eh.

Looks like some crap the Sci Fi channel would pick up and show at 2 in the AM on a Sunday.

Archaix said:
Without watching it, I would have to think that any live-action steampunk would require either quite a budget or a whole lot of talent to make it look not ridiculous. Web series very rarely have either, let alone both.

Wrong.

franklyn001.jpg

Granted, the whole film isn't really centered around the steam-punk story, the parts of it taking place in Meanwhile City are amazing and was done on a fairly low budget if I remember correctly.

Masaki_

GDGF said:
Dammit everytime somebody posts tvtropes I lose a few hours of my life to it.

Just a few?

StormyTheRabbit said:
Wrong.

http://www.richardvfx.com/franklyn001.jpg[IMG]

Granted, the whole film isn't really centers around the steam-punk story, the parts of it taking place in Meanwhile City are amazing and was done on a fairly low budget if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Now on my to-watch list. Thank you.

Masaki_ said:
Now on my to-watch list. Thank you.

No problem. Don't expect a WHOLE movie about Steampunk though. I just don't want you getting confused with the parts that don't take place in Meanwhile city. The movie was marketed COMPELTELY different than what it is.

But give it a chance and pay close attention. I promise things all add up at the end very nicely and make sense. You are basically confused the whole time, with some weird understanding of it all, until the VERY end.

Here's a trailer, it sums up the ONE plot going on in the movie very nicely. But doesn't even touch on the others, giving a bad impression of what the movie will be like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEuIwam8pU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom