• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIGS |OT| Titanball

Dinjooh

ht1jz18.gif

1aEV7v.jpg

6PunSFn.jpg

RIGS: MCL | NeoGAF Community Player List: https://goo.gl/wZ3OhK
Join the player list here: https://goo.gl/forms/5C1JRIL50ZehDzgp2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editors notes:
Started at a new job this week so I've had to rush through this quite bad. Let me know if there's anything I missed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really excited for this! Reviews seem to be pretty positive, but I'll probably try the demo disc version before dropping the cash. VR wants to claim everything in my wallet...but I think I'm about to let it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Jesus christ Dinjooh if this is what you made when rushed Id hate to see what something that you had time to do would look like lol.

timberger

Would like to try this but VR is just way too big an ask on the price front for something that's so unproven as yet. Game looks great in action... but I'm gonna be forced to pass it seems.

BTW, would have bet on some Lethal Weapon joke for the OT title.

Dinjooh

Jesus christ Dinjooh if this is what you made when rushed Id hate to see what something that you had time to do would look like lol.

Haha, you're too kind para.

But yeah, started working in the video game industry and the hours are quite something!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Likely going to buy this, but want to make sure this game will have staying power before diving in.

Carl

Looking forward to playing this tomorrow. Glad I kept my preorder in. It got some pretty good reviews

It'll be fun to be terrible at games in VR ;)

Nags

Banned
I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play this. Already played a bit at PSX and I'm fiending for some more.
Very sleek OT btw, well done.

Abdiel

My VR is being shipped to my house tomorrow (Of course, not allowed to take store stock for employees, wah wah...), but my copy of this I am just snagging before I head home for the day. So fucking hyped!

Looking at that google doc, holy crap we have a lot of folks picking this up!

Let's do this shit!

jadedm17

Really excited for this! Reviews seem to be pretty positive, but I'll probably try the demo disc version before dropping the cash. VR wants to claim everything in my wallet...but I think I'm about to let it.

Your post implies cash to me, so I say be happy : After years of hard work I'm at the tail end of massive credit debt that's going nowhere right now thanks largely in part of my need to get all these VR games. (This is where you see my shopaholic side that led to massive debt. Hah)

Minor setback, I'll be fine.

Your response sums up mine - looks great, demo first - but something tells me I'll have this game before the week is over; I sure love to shoot things.

Plumpman

Played a bit tonight. I couldn't stay in for more than 5 minutes once they introduce turning, got uncontrollably sick.

Is there any way to remove the black circle that appears to "help" FOV? I feel it's making things worse. I want to like this game, it's really slick so far!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Played a bit tonight. I couldn't stay in for more than 5 minutes once they introduce turning, got uncontrollably sick.

Is there any way to remove the black circle that appears to "help" FOV? I feel it's making things worse. I want to like this game, it's really slick so far!

Give it time, probably just need to get your "legs".

Dommel

Chief will just not shut up in the first hour explaining every little detail. Found myself trying every possible button combination to skip it, sadly nothing works.

Haven't played against real people yet, so far the bot matches are OK and I don't seem to get sick after playing 30 mins to an hour.

JimiNutz

Banned
Gutted I can't play this at launch.
Cancelled my PSVR order because couldn't justify the price but RIGS looks really good.

Hope I can jump in at a later date and still be competitive.

This OT is one of the best I've seen. Incredible work, Dinjooh! And that thread title is perfect. Hahahaha. Props, D1renegade.

God, this thread's got me hyped.

Mdk7

Got my finger on the same-day button on Amazon. From anyone who's played it, should I do it?

It's definitely good, but it's also pretty intense and can be a a bit nausea inducing, especially if played for periods longer than I'd say 20/30 minutes.

OH, and by the way AWESOME OT.

Since I'm weak and purchased a VR bundle this morning from Amazon after I said I was going to wait, it looks like I'll have to pick this up this weekend. Looking forward to trying this out, or at least after I make sure that I don't get motion sick from other VR stuff.

Hasney

Anyone manage to get an online game in yet? Haven't found one yet. Going to try again tonight after the Giant Bomb stream or maybe during if they start finding matches.

Top Bottom