• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME: Most underrated game of 2017

Griss

Yeah, I skip most PS+ games but OP has convinced me to give this one a shot. Just need to finish Divinity: OS first... man that game takes a long time!

philm87

Think this was a great PS+ game. Really enjoyed it. Don't think it's really underrated though, got pretty decent reviews, but it's a fairly simplistic game that's not going to blow that many people away.

Definitely a great experience that I'd recommend trying though.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Loving it. Got it because it was on PSN+ and so glad I did. Been playing it on PS4 Pro, so my thoughts are based on that. The art is incredible, love the style. I think a lot of the performance issues (related to this platform) are either being applied incorrectly or exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, there are issues with frame rate drops but nothing that makes you want to walk away (I believe PC and Switch have their own issues). I'm only just on level 3/5 and I'm really digging it. So much so, my 'share' button is getting a lot of use!! Enjoy, if you're on PS+ definitely add to your library. If you're considering getting it, it's a cracking little game. Ahead of journey for me.

Gifs
EWkSHJX.gif

KzEAg8D.gif

AqMZyEX.gif

e4WzPlN.gif

MCrm4rV.gif

Tevious

I just finished RiME recently. It was nice, but admittedly I was bored at times. If you are the kind of person that gets emotionally caught up in movies or other media, you will probably appreciate the ending more than I. It's been a year since I played ABZU, but I think I liked that slightly better. I also played RiME for it's similarities to ICO (and Wind Waker), but I still vastly preferred ICO to RiME.

I just finished RiME recently. It was nice, but admittedly I was bored at times. If you are the kind of person that gets emotionally caught up in movies or other media, you will probably appreciate the ending more than I. It's been a year since I played ABZU, but I think I liked that slightly better. I also played RiME for it's similarities to ICO (and Wind Waker), but I still vastly preferred ICO to RiME.
I was going to update my original post with essentially the same thoughts, minus ABZU being preferable. Just felt RiME was too slow for its own good and its puzzles more preoccupying than engaging.

I did like its openness and exploration-inviting design, albeit.

I just finished it yesterday, and yeah, the ending was quite moving. I felt it was longer than it needed to be, given the mechanics, but it was visually very attractive, and as mentioned, had a wonderful and affecting narrative, which wasn't entirely clear until the conclusion. Definitely worth playing through to the end, even if you're not necessarily loving the nuts and bolts.

Top Bottom