• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rings of Power Season 2 Trailer Released

Modi1984

Neo Member
Who asked for this trash.
giphy.gif

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They contractually have to make 50 hours of this show as part of the licensing agreement with the Tokien estate. So that equates to five seasons of ten 1-hr episodes.

Who the fuck would sign that clause?

It's like shitting yourself and being contractually compelled to sit on those pants for 50 hours.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Who the fuck would sign that clause?

It's like shitting yourself and being contractually compelled to sit on those pants for 50 hours.

Bezos was desperate for a share of that sweet Game Of Thrones money, so Amazon grossly overspent on fantasy IP, most notably Lotr. Simon Tolkien is a greedy little shit, and was more than happy to accommodate the bald idiot.

Last edited:
Bezos was desperate for a share of that sweet Game Of Thrones money, so Amazon grossly overspent on fantasy IP, most notably Lotr. Simon Tolkien is a greedy little shit, and was more than happy to accommodate the bald idiot.
It's hard to blame Simon Tolkien for taking the money and running, I'm sure the various descendants of J.R.R. Tolkien feel like they deserve money for what their famous ancestor did and Christopher Tolkien was notorious for not doing anything at all to monetize the property

It's still not as bad as what Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson have been doing with Dune, I think they are on the 38th shitty book by now

Last edited:
Very off brand for me but I’m kind of interested in this, and didn’t hate S1.

It’ll never touch the films. But nothing again ever will.

Oberstein

It's hard to blame Simon Tolkien for taking the money and running, I'm sure the various descendants of J.R.R. Tolkien feel like they deserve money for what their famous ancestor did and Christopher Tolkien was notorious for not doing anything at all to monetize the property

On the contrary, he's to blame. Simon should have been inspired by Christopher Tolkien. Without him, we wouldn't have The Silmarillion and so many other Tolkien writings.

He didn't just exhume texts, he had to decipher them, study them, place them in (almost) chronological order, link them together and sometimes fill in the gaps. It's a lifetime's work, and an ungrateful one at that.

We don't realize how essential Christopher's work was, and he could have cared less and made a life for himself selling all the texts without looking too closely, which is what Simon & co would have done.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

It's still not as bad as what Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson have been doing with Dune, I think they are on the 38th shitty book by now

Of course he’s to fucking blame. He famously uncaring about his grandfather’s legacy, and is the direct reason why we’re getting all this absolute garbage. He could have had far more oversight in the deals he made. He just didn’t care.

Oberstein

God that stupid ass rumor is true isnt it. He looks way too serious for Tom. Wheres the feather?

lucious lyon wtf GIF

How they want to explain this? This was obviously Tolkien's troll.

It depends, some of the rumors were false. So who knows.

Some confirmed facts from the article:

* He appears in Rhun, not the Old Forest
* He's in Rhun to find out why nature is dying there
* He'll speak at least partially in rhyme
* Kinnear will use a Cornish accent
* Songs are 100% in

Cyberpunkd

It depends, some of the rumors were false. So who knows.

Some confirmed facts from the article:

* He appears in Rhun, not the Old Forest
* He's in Rhun to find out why nature is dying there
* He'll speak at least partially in rhyme
* Kinnear will use a Cornish accent
* Songs are 100% in
He is the literal God of Middle-Earth.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Bombadil was not a wanderer... Tolkien made it pretty clear that Tom wasn't really concerned with much outside his little corner of the world. It's a defining trait of his character, and one of the reasons that they can't send the ring to stay with him.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So...

Emo Sauron - check
Pouty Galadriel - check
Thoughtful Tom - check

I fully expect a Sexy Shelob to be canonized now for the Bingo card.

Come on now - you all know you want some of that Halbrand/Galadriel/Shelob threesome action.
We could then make them younger with a spell and follow teen romance drama in LoTR. Will they / won’t they? Will he give her The One Ring?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am going thought LOTR in written format right now and I am where they meet TOM Bombadil and wondering if Rings of Power would have him. Since he seems to be the oldest character in Middle earth it would make sense that he would be around rhyming and chilling with the trees. And then all the articles appear today. No mention of Goldberry because I Am not reading the article.

Laptop1991

First time Tom Bombadill has been been put in a movie, the cartoon one in the 70's didn't, neither did Peter Jackson, considering those 2 showrunners in charge, i can't see this being good!.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
So...

Emo Sauron - check
Pouty Galadriel - check
Thoughtful Tom - check

I fully expect a Sexy Shelob to be canonized now for the Bingo card.

Come on now - you all know you want some of that Halbrand/Galadriel/Shelob threesome action.
We already had a sexy shelob in the games

20171010205128_1.jpg

In S1, I enjoyed:
- ep1.
- The orcs' night attack on the human village.
- The last episode.

Everything else was eh to rubbish. I feel extremely lukewarm about S2. Hopefully it's vastly superior to S1. I'll probably give S2ep1 a chance.

Top Bottom