• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice

Dammit. Now that he's dead, he's just going to be glorified.

I'd rather he be a living deadbeat than an immortal deadbeat.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm going with the CNN story and not accepting any Michael Jackson death reports. Hopefully he gets better soon.

X26

Banned
He was a wierd guy, sure, but harmless, and one of the greatets musical artists of all time. Damn that's terrible, barely over 50

Evlar

Banned
AP seems unwilling to confirm more than "rushed to the hospital, apparent heart attack, not breathing".

Holy Shit fast moving thread.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lawblob said:
Gov. Mark Sanford has never been so glad to hear of a person's death.

I've been saying that to people here at work. Not just MJ today though. Two of them. It doesn't make sense to be like that, but it's the Media....

HUELEN10

After Stranger in Moscow plays, I am gonna play some Sonic 3...

Source of some MJ memories.

Damn, it's like a part of my childhood died...

Truly he was the prince of pop.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Can't say anything about his personal life because we really don't know anything about it, but goddamn if he wasn't one of the greatest performers to have given so much to this planet. Shitty way to go out and not being able to give even more. 50 is still young for a performer.

Damn man, I was playing Smooth Criminal when I found this thread before it was changed to RIP Michael. =(

See you again Moonwalker. ;__;

Gallbaro

Banned
wow CNN on their action set has a picture of MJ. The first thing that popped in my head when I saw his face was Conan's wax figures.

cable news channels still aren't reporting anything, just that he's in the hospital. but yeah... i'm pretty sure he's passed.

lawblob said:
Gov. Mark Sanford has never been so glad to hear of a person's death.

yeah he lucked out there

Amir0x

Banned
He was a pedophile and so, it's hard to feel sad. Still, his music catalog provided a lot of interesting memories over the year. So, the man versus the legend

Acid08

Banned
Dude was beyond fucked up. He had a terrible childhood and in turn did terrible things to kids. Still he made some fucking amazing music before he went kinda crazy. RIP if true.

It's sad that he was never able to redeem himself or some back at all.

Sucks for Fawcett too, as she died today too and she'll barely get a mention.

yacobod

Banned
thats sad, too bad he couldnt help restore his image before kicking the bucket, he's been a joke for the past 2 decades, doesnt diminish thriller and off the wall tho

rip

Zenith

Banned
Oh god, there's going to be complete media saturation over this. Every news station, magazine, tv channel will be pumping coverage of his life 24/7 for the next week. Real issues like the Iranian elections will lose the oxygen of publicity and will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom